• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

HR 3200 is it ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanakisan

Wild lunatic!
Last edited:
I

Ishnuvalok

Republican biased sources ftw \o/

Hey kid, take time and look at us, Europe. Look how awesome we are when it comes to healthcare. See? All that, nationalized health care : D

It's very interesting that you make a new thread AFTER we show all the flaws in your arguments and silly little petition. Sorry, people already know you're stupid.

T

Tycho

there is a petition site on it and well i don't like the plan and such so heres some sources on what you need to know about it.

The Petition site
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/7/just-say-no-to-hr-3200

Sources
http://bulletin.aarp.org/yourhealth...BULL&HBX_OU=50&HBX_PK=health_care_reform_bill
lots of good ones against the bill in there.

a actual translation THANK GOD of the bill itself.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2300451/posts

Not a single damn one of those provides an unbiased analysis and review of the bill.

Nanakisan

Wild lunatic!
Not a single damn one of those provides an unbiased analysis and review of the bill.

will you just shut up already. you'll never acutlaly find a source like that cause when it comes to reb/dem discussions theres no such thing as unbiased

T

Tycho

will you just shut up already. you'll never acutlaly find a source like that cause when it comes to reb/dem discussions theres no such thing as unbiased

This isn't a rep/dem discussion. This is an American health care discussion.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up

You sorta remind me of fox news. :razz:

I

Ishnuvalok

Soo, you think it's ok that about 22 THOUSAND Americans die each year because they can't afford health insurance? Or can't get it because they have "pre-existing conditions"?

Ceuper

The Bucket of Truth
All I can say is that the Canadian health care system fucking sucks. As long as you don't do whatever we did wrong, you're good to go.

Rai Toku

^///^;; Oops...
• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.

Hell no. If this bill is passed, I swear, I will never have a bank account again, of any kind. I will not let the government stick their hands in my cash -excluding reasonable taxes. I understand the government can't run without money, but that doesn't mean I want to wake up to find my bank accounts drained so they can waste more cash on unnecessary and inefficient things.

I

Ishnuvalok

• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.

Hell no. If this bill is passed, I swear, I will never have a bank account again, of any kind. I will not let the government stick their hands in my cash -excluding reasonable taxes. I understand the government can't run without money, but that doesn't mean I want to wake up to find my bank accounts drained so they can waste more cash on unnecessary and inefficient things.

It doesn't actually say that in the bill, it's a lot longer and in-depth about the issue.

*Edit*

God dammit this thing is harder to interpret than the bible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
All I can say is that the Canadian health care system fucking sucks. As long as you don't do whatever we did wrong, you're good to go.

Oh, it was fine back when it was first brought into service, but a combination of Old Guard who don't know what they're doing and an ever-expanding bureaucracy that's been bloating to cover things that didn't exist when the health care system was first instated basically means that the growth potential and general operation is sluggish. The whole thing needs to be reworked, but I wouldn't trade it for a private health care system for the life of me. The last thing you should ever need to worry about when you get injured or ill is whether or not your insurance will cover it and whether or not you can afford the hospital bill - And hence the choice between proper care and soldiering on through a broken arm or something.

As for the American health care system, that's exactly what I'd want to avoid. I'd be fine with private health care being mixed with public - It would reduce waiting times for those who can afford it / whose insurance covers it, and would still enable those who can't to receive proper care in at least the capacity they do now.

I don't understand how a federal health care plan will suddenly mean you can't choose which doctor you can go to, or forbid you from doing this, that or the other thing; I also don't understand how a federal health care plan forbids you from having health insurance - Wasn't the whole idea for that to be for those who don't have health insurance, which happens to be a rather large chunk of the American populace? What, exactly, is the big deal?

Are they going to make you fly a Communist flag and force you into work camps or something? Is that what this bill is about? I mean, for all the kicking and screaming and the shit-slinging and the accusations of tyranny, universal health care doesn't seem like something that fits the "evil" bill, especially when considering the state of the economy and looking at how many employers might soon start to cut employee health insurance plans due to high cost - That and depending on how far it goes, downsizing/layoffs. What, then? Isn't it a good idea to have a safety net? It's like saying you don't need a fire extinguisher because there will never be a fire.

Is it the idea, or just this proposal of said idea, that people are bitching about?

Rai Toku

^///^;; Oops...
I'd be fine with private health care being mixed with public - It would reduce waiting times for those who can afford it / whose insurance covers it, and would still enable those who can't to receive proper care in at least the capacity they do now.

This.

And I don't want anything in the bill that shouldn't be there. >.> Sneaky government. Let the bill be about healthcare and NOTHING ELSE, save ways to pay for it (that can't possibly become flat-out robbing citizens).

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
I don't understand how a federal health care plan will suddenly mean you can't choose which doctor you can go to, or forbid you from doing this, that or the other thing; I also don't understand how a federal health care plan forbids you from having health insurance - Wasn't the whole idea for that to be for those who don't have health insurance, which happens to be a rather large chunk of the American populace? What, exactly, is the big deal?

This.

I also have to laugh when people claim "OMG the government will decide what treatment you get!" when they're apparently quite happy with surrendering to a PRIVATE insurance company decide what treatment you get. So a bunch of private insurance bean-counters telling you that they won't fund your treatment X is good because...?

I

Ishnuvalok

This.

I also have to laugh when people claim "OMG the government will decide what treatment you get!" when they're apparently quite happy with surrendering to a PRIVATE insurance company decide what treatment you get. So a bunch of private insurance bean-counters telling you that they won't fund your treatment X is good because...?

Because apparently as long as the government doesn't decide, it's not communism.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
This.

Haha I was arguing this with a dumbass on facebook who couldn't even spell.

He didn't know the form of government the US has.

:|

Nanakisan

Wild lunatic!
This isn't a "translation". It's a list of things that they think is bad. It doesn't list any of the GOOD things this bill will bring along.

This is completely biased and you're retarded.

ok seriously what is it with people and me. ok sure i said a few bad things but come on at least i can speak for god sakes i'm not a retard. so guys lets keep this stupid thing civil or at least have better taste in how to attempt to humiliate me in front of hundreds of thousands of people.

T

Tycho

ok seriously what is it with people and me. ok sure i said a few bad things but come on at least i can speak for god sakes i'm not a retard. so guys lets keep this stupid thing civil or at least have better taste in how to attempt to humiliate me in front of hundreds of thousands of people.

...We're not humiliating you. You're pretty much doing it all for us. All we're doing is pointing it out.

Nanakisan

Wild lunatic!
...We're not humiliating you. You're pretty much doing it all for us. All we're doing is pointing it out.

well it would help if you just stopped openly insulting me you know. i mean seriously you got any idea how much immaturity you show by outright calling someone a retard or idiot. butt loads. so how about this call a truce and leave me and my threads alone. comment like normal just no more of the trolling.

Great more left & right wing drama, just great being reminded everyday that at every corner of the earth, the majority in charge of leading or voting for leaders & polices are a bunch of a opinionated screeching hypocritical extremist that don't listen to each other and dismiss evidence from each other because it "came from them". In this world if either side some how is considered good/right at the end of the day its because they only managed to not fuck everything up; not because either political wing fixed/improved anything.

T

Tycho

well it would help if you just stopped openly insulting me you know. i mean seriously you got any idea how much immaturity you show by outright calling someone a retard or idiot. butt loads. so how about this call a truce and leave me and my threads alone. comment like normal just no more of the trolling.

Wait.

Where did I call someone a retard or an idiot?

I don't recall.

And I am not trolling. Just because someone disagrees with the way you have presented a thread about an important issue and feels (rightly so) that it is absurdly biased does not make them a troll. I have not been rude. You, good sir, have been rude to me and others who have posted in your threads. I have reacted with indignation to your uncouth behavior but I have not been rude.

Nanakisan

Wild lunatic!
Great more left & right wing drama, just great being reminded everyday that at every corner of the earth, the majority in charge of leading or voting for leaders & polices are a bunch of a opinionated screeching hypocritical extremist that don't listen to each other and dismiss evidence from each other because it "came from them". In this world if either side some how is considered good/right at the end of the day its because they only managed to not fuck everything up; not because either political wing fixed/improved anything.

were humans what you expect.
by nature we are hotheaded/insane/greedy/obsessive/lustful/jealously prone/ several other traits i'm not gonna mention. and you wonder why we havent seen any intelligent life forms yet.

but you prove a very valid point. if people IE me and the other would just shut up and listen we would actually have a good coversation and come up with good ideas.

were humans what you expect.
by nature we are hotheaded/insane/greedy/obsessive/lustful/jealously prone/ several other traits i'm not gonna mention. and you wonder why we havent seen any intelligent life forms yet.

but you prove a very valid point. if people IE me and the other would just shut up and listen we would actually have a good coversation and come up with good ideas.

Good luck with that, nobody will listen and we (everyone including me) often do ignore things, even hard evidence so we can continued to follow our more or so set in stone world views, nobody on the earth is open minded.

We are all biased and can't lead each other on the scale we are stuck with, people just need to realized that gov can't fix anything (ANYTHING), WE fix everything and do a damn good job when we are not fighting over which side we support, or stupid quick fix policies, or waiting for the gov to do it.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Wait.

Where did I call someone a retard or an idiot?

I don't recall.

And I am not trolling. Just because someone disagrees with the way you have presented a thread about an important issue and feels (rightly so) that it is absurdly biased does not make them a troll. I have not been rude. You, good sir, have been rude to me and others who have posted in your threads. I have reacted with indignation to your uncouth behavior but I have not been rude.
Uh, well just to point out the not-so-obvious (as you made clear), but in your last post you grouped yourself in with everybody ("we"), so him asking you to stop trolling or flaming is actually being directed at everybody, only you personified yourself as everybody with your "we" comment.

T

Tycho

Uh, well just to point out the not-so-obvious (as you made clear), but in your last post you grouped yourself in with everybody ("we"), so him asking you to stop trolling or flaming is actually being directed at everybody, only you personified yourself as everybody with your "we" comment.

It is disingenuous of you to say that you actually believed that he was referring to more than one person when he said

that.

Status
Not open for further replies.