• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Huge ass squid found in the ocean

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
That day, many Japanese high school women's dreams were crushed.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Thats so photoshopped that made my eyes bleed, should probably get that checked...

Coyote Club

El Gordito Burrito Bandito
It looks like LBT and The Onion are entirely satirical in nature.

The Humboldt squid can grow up to 18 feet long, but I doubt any squid would grow to this measure.

The story is funny anyhoo.

-CC

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Lol, fake.
There is a Colossal Squid, its pretty fucking big, but not that big.

powderhound

Yeah, we could all be eating free squid rings right now.
Large squid calimari steaks don't come out well. I've tried.

That's not a giant squid.

This is a giant squid...

No thats Battys Colossal squid. The giant squid looks completely different.

The Humboldt squid can grow up to 18 feet long, but I doubt any squid would grow to this measure.

-CC

I did research on Humbots and used to dive with them a lot. I've never seen any approaching 18ft. I'd of craped my pants. As big as me was a VERY good size. There's a photo floating around the net of me with an injured 7 footer. I've never seen larger. I'll have to check with my 'local radioactive gigantism expert.'

Last edited:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
What's a huge "ass squid"? Or am I just reading the title wrong?

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
I really liked the part at the end of the article, the part about the small arms fire and the helicopters!
Hey we all know it was fake, so lets have some fun with it! What would you do with a radioactive 10 ton barbecue?

Coyote Club

El Gordito Burrito Bandito
Large squid calimari steaks don't come out well. I've tried.

I did research on Humbots and used to dive with them a lot. I've never seen any approaching 18ft. I'd of craped my pants. As big as me was a VERY good size. There's a photo floating around the net of me with an injured 7 footer. I've never seen larger. I'll have to check with my 'local radioactive gigantism expert.'

My bad.

I'm beginning to think that I pulled that measurement out of my arse after watching a show about the Humboldt squids on TV.

Would you pm me with some information on the Humboldt squids? I'm curious to know what your research sought to learn.
-CC

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Most of us can see how fraudulent an image is, but unfortunately lots of people believe just as false claims when they are made in words or numbers. :\
I recently came across someone trying to argue that wifi is deleterious for your health, and they linked me to a 'doctor's website in which it was claimed that wifi causes cancer, autism, every condition under the son, and that they can all be cured with homeopathy and IR-therapy Yogamats.

One of the art students at my old college also literally believed in dragons. She thought that, because the amazon rainforest is so big, that 'there are bound to be dragons somewhere in it', and dismissed the obvious criticisms of her statement as 'close minded', which was very ironic.