• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hugs or no hugs?

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
I am ambivalent toward hugs. To kindof quote the Digital Underground: "If you hug me then I'll hug you back."

TobyDingo

Pasties, Cider, Surfing.
I like to fool friends into thinking it's a handshake, then pull them in for a solid man hug. Works every time. Sometimes a fist bump isn't enough when you haven't seen your best friend in 6 months.

Gumshoe

I feel uncomfortable just sitting next to someone in a car. If someone were to try and hug me, they would be getting a finger down their thyroid gland.

Gumshoe

I know what the thyroid is. :|

You could push someone, maybe punch or kick someone, but... jamming your finger into their thyroid? What?

Eh, it just takes less energy. If someone comes towards you with a hug, just put your finger in front of their neck. If they're smart, they will back off. If not, they will face the wrath of my finger in their thyroid. You could compare it to someone running into another's fist.

Schwimmwagen

Eh, it just takes less energy. If someone comes towards you with a hug, just put your finger in front of their neck. If they're smart, they will back off. If not, they will face the wrath of my finger in their thyroid. You could compare it to someone running into another's fist.

I think I'd be able to better survive a fingering rather than a fisting.

Gumshoe

I think I'd be able to better survive a fingering rather than a fisting.

It is more of a "back off" method. If you want to go bending people's legs behind their back, in their mouth, and through the rear, go ahead, that's your choice.

Littlerock

numb with cold
When you could just uppercut their nose with your face, temporarily blinding them and possibly killing them? This seems like too much effort!

I am a hugger, guilty as hell. However I really don't like it when people presume that a hug means a sloppy beardstubble kiss on the lips is also acceptable.

;-; pls kill me

Schwimmwagen

It is more of a "back off" method. If you want to go bending people's legs behind their back, in their mouth, and through the rear, go ahead, that's your choice.

I'm sorry, but me gently placing my fingers on a someone's bare, exposed neck when they approach me with open arms for a warm embrace sounds a bit too romantic.

Fay V

Lost to this world
I don't particularly like hugs. I don't like people grabbing me and holding me. I know they want to show affection but it is aggressive if the other person doesn't want it.
I am fine however if I am in suit. It's a different context, people don't tend to hang on, and may god have mercy on their soul if they try to pick me up in suit.

If it is someone that I am close with then I like hugs, kind of. Apparently a lot of people I know house the fires of hell within their body and are hoooooot temp wise. Nothing personal but I don't want to cuddle an oven.

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather
Depends where I am and how well I know the person.

I hug family members. I'll hug good friends especially if I haven't seen them in a long time.

At the synagogue there tends to be a lot more hugging of people we barely know. I won't initiated the hug but I will return the hug if they initiate it. It is rude not to do so.

Littlerock

numb with cold
This thread partially reminds me of the nametags worn at Mensa group meetings! Everybody puts a little colored sticker dot on their name tags depending on their hug preference, green for 'yes hugs please', yellow for 'only if I know you', and red for 'no fuck off'. Furry cons ought to do this too, methinks. Not too sure what they do for the colorblind though.

Jabberwocky

bitch where
I like hugs but I don't accept hugs from every single person I meet. After a while I get pissy and I feel like my space is invaded.

Spikey2k2

No... I'm... Well...
I don't fuckin' know. I really don't like being touched sometimes. I flinch too easily, and I shake when I cuddle. But I like personal contact at the same time. It's like I'm scared they'll hurt me, physically terrified they will literally punch me or worse.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 82554

OK I'll give a serious answer on this one.

For me, showing empathy is a rather difficult thing to do. Apparently, Autistic people, such as myself have a hard time expressing it (although this may not count for all Autistics) coupled with nine years of family violence, a family that empathizes having a thick skin is good, a rough school and social life, it's not hard for me and others I know to understand why it's hard to express it.
The only time I can really express it - is between people I love the most like my immediate family (brother/sisters).

So yeah, I'm a little broken in that sense, but far from incapable of expressing it.

Schwimmwagen

OK I'll give a serious answer on this one.

For me, showing empathy is a rather difficult thing to do. Apparently, Autistic people, such as myself have a hard time expressing it (although this may not count for all Autistics) coupled with nine years of family violence, a family that empathizes having a thick skin is good, a rough school and social life, it's not hard for me and others I know to understand why it's hard to express it.
The only time I can really express it - is between people I love the most like my immediate family (brother/sisters).

So yeah, I'm a little broken in that sense, but far from incapable of expressing it.

Oh hey, I didn't know you were autismal too

Omg lets have a FAF autism party : D

For serious though I don't like hugs for the same reason as most assburgians do. Personal space, personal space. Now if you were to offer one first, it's going to go down a lot different.