• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hugs or no hugs?

T

TheMetalVelocity

It does kind of sadden me that todays generations have lost the personal contact and feelings
that many of us older ones grew up with. A touch or a squeeze on the shoulder or a hug meant
things other than you were a sexual predator or Pervert. Sadly todays society and the amount of
real sexual perverts and predators have reduced us into an ATF Generation. (Note if your a NGE fan
you will recognize the AT anti terror field as the personal space approximately three feet all around your person)

Gone are the open and seen things of affection and love that are pictured and written about in books and
story's.
Maybe it's because more furries came to existence? Joking, but yeah, I can definitely say I don't feel comfortable around strangers, especially if one starts to touch me in any way. I am a very paranoid person, even when someone like my brother is passing me while I am sitting at my computer I get super startled.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
It does kind of sadden me that todays generations have lost the personal contact and feelings
that many of us older ones grew up with. A touch or a squeeze on the shoulder or a hug meant
things other than you were a sexual predator or Pervert. Sadly todays society and the amount of
real sexual perverts and predators have reduced us into an ATF Generation. (Note if your a NGE fan
you will recognize the AT anti terror field as the personal space approximately three feet all around your person)

Gone are the open and seen things of affection and love that are pictured and written about in books and
story's.
Okay.

But why is this particularly a negative in any kind of way?

And I highly doubt the amount of sexual predators has increased since "the old days." If anything, their crimes are just coming to light more readily because of our ability to easily spread information. Which is a good thing.
It's better to be aware of your risks, and the crimes that have been committed on other people.

D

Deleted member 82554

story's.

I blame the fear mongering media.

Darkwing

I hug friends almost all the time c:

It's good to show affection. You don't see it enough.

Milo

I hug friends almost all the time c:

It's good to show affection. You don't see it enough.

after a while, it loses its affection. then it eventually feels fake.

that's why it's nice to use them sparingly. it keeps it charm and lovability.

Darkwing

after a while, it loses its affection. then it eventually feels fake.

that's why it's nice to use them sparingly. it keeps it charm and lovability.

Yeah, I'm just a hug whore I guess xp

Only exception for hugs though is if someone smells like shit. I absolutely refuse to hug someone if they smell horrible. One of my friends, like, absolutely never showers and he smells like rotten shit so I go out of my way to avoid hugging him lol.

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.
The issue for me is not hugging but rather respect.

Only people close enough to me would know whether I'm okay with being hugged and my personal space intruded. I am actually fine with it. That's why close family and friends hug. The problem is people that do it without knowing if it's alright with you. To me it's disrespectful and non caring, and I don't understand the intentions of the said hug which makes it awkward.

I do like hugs from guys though. You can always tell if they're in shape or not.

So you feel people up during random hugs?

Gator

Uncledaddy
I used to be a hugger. Friends, strangers, anyone and everyone who would allow it. Free love everywhere, yo. But now I'm a people-hating grouch and don't want anyone to touch me.

Distorted

So you feel people up during random hugs?

What? No, it's not like that. I mean...

Whenever a guy hugs me, my hand usually go under his. So I can usually tell what shape they're in by how their back feels, the firmness of the hug, arms, and chest. My hands stay on their upper backs and I usually lean in when someone approaches for one. I don't think I've ever felt up anyone before.

I'm often nervous about hugs because all my senses get blasted and my mind starts running a mile a minute. But in truth I really do like them, just not all the time.

TobyDingo

Pasties, Cider, Surfing.
It never feels weird or creepy or awkward when i hug people, because i normally run up to them and kind of spear them and spin them round in the air a few times when i haven't seen a good friend in a long time. I have far too much energy most of the time.

Cocobanana

It never feels weird or creepy or awkward when i hug people, because i normally run up to them and kind of spear them and spin them round in the air a few times when i haven't seen a good friend in a long time. I have far too much energy most of the time.

I didn't want to scroll back to the other page, but the link you showed with that guy just trying to give hugs really bummed me out. I can only hope he showed the worst offenders and that maybe the majority of people didn't care but that's probably not the case. Giving people random hugs isn't my forte as it tends to just be either someone I know who I asked first, or if someone seems really sad I might give them a hug even if I don't know them (but still ask first or not give them a hug from behind where it's a surprise).

TobyDingo

Pasties, Cider, Surfing.
I didn't want to scroll back to the other page, but the link you showed with that guy just trying to give hugs really bummed me out. I can only hope he showed the worst offenders and that maybe the majority of people didn't care but that's probably not the case. Giving people random hugs isn't my forte as it tends to just be either someone I know who I asked first, or if someone seems really sad I might give them a hug even if I don't know them (but still ask first or not give them a hug from behind where it's a surprise).
Well he was targeting mainly meatheads so i wouldn't be surprised if 90% were trying to protect their macho image. There should be another video of people who were like 'yeh, fuck it, why not.' To be fair, if that dude came up and tried to hug me i would probably assume he was either trying to rob me or stick something on my back.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Mmmm... I like hugs, but I'm picky about who gives them to me and when.

Schwimmwagen

C'mere m8. Give me ein hug.

On second thought always I enjoy hugs when they are delivered by a physically attractive person.

I can tolerate a hug from you, sir.

But nah, I'm just picky and that's all it is. I really dislike them when they come as surprises as well.

Basically I just really don't like being touched by people in general unless its with consent, or those people are close to me and have had plenty of consent already.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
I can tolerate a hug from you, sir.

But nah, I'm just picky and that's all it is. I really dislike them when they come as surprises as well.

Basically I just really don't like being touched by people in general unless its with consent, or those people are close to me and have had plenty of consent already.
I'll be sure to ask permission before giving you a pat on the shoulder :V

Dreaming

Eh? Hell no, no hugs. I ain't a Care Bear, but I can kick you in the stomach if you want... that'll cost you $45 though

gmnchampion

Sports Fanatic
Personally when I meet someone for the first time I like to approach them with a handshake. It shows acknowledgement whereas a surprise hug may get a bit awkward. Personally I have had no issue receiving random hugs, but I most likely will not give them out unless it is someone I know.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I enjoy hugs, but am sometimes clumsy and awkward when it comes to giving and receiving them, especially if a person comes in at an odd angles, glomps onto me unexpectedly, or is a lot taller than me :).

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Dislike them. I don't like most kind of physical interactions like that. I mean, hand shakes are fine, but anything more and I"d rather not bother.

I'll give and receive when it's socially appropriate. Grandma wants a hug and I suppose I owe her that since she'll be dead in five or so years.

But deep down I don't like it.

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
I'm really great with hugs, even if it's from an acquaintance. It validates that this person is okay with me and I won't be second guessing the nature of the friendship.
On the other hand I'm not exactly the type of person who goes around giving hugs to everyone, but they can be nice when received.

LadyToorima

Nyaa nyaa~
I love to hug only close family and friends, and my boyfriend most of the time. Not one for hugging strangers though, or newly made friends, it just feels a little awkward to me. ><

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Hugs are alright but I'm not too fond of people I don't know too well hugging me. More or less because it just seems awkward.
Unless of course we actually get to know each other pretty well. So mainly people I only exchange a few words with.

I guess you've never walked down a high school hallway lately.

story's.
What are you even basing this off of?

Scath-mac-tire

Personally I don't mind them from other people, albeit I'm less likely to accept from people I don't know. Of course it does greatly depend on the situation, and the best thing you could probably do is ask.

F

FriggaFanatic

Not a fan...Though I am a sucker for a quick hug from someone that is wearing a nice cologne.