• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hugs or no hugs?

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I'm weird. If I'm at conventions and cosplaying, I have no problem with hugs, in fact I enjoy them. If a family member or friend tries to give me a hug I reject it because it makes me feel dirty and I hate the feeling (this mainly applies to girls for friends, but I just ban all). I don't really mind hugs from strangers when I'm not in costume; sometimes they bug me sometimes they don't.

Basically (unless I'm at a con), I'm hug exclusive to everyone but my boyfriend. (it took me awhile to hug him back and initiate hugs)

Yago

Ambered Amaranth
I like them but I'm reserved. I tend to be really distant physically, etc. and awkward until I'm warmed up to the situation. Though I like being affectionate / wish I were moreso.

Jabberwocky

bitch where
It also highly depends on the person…I would hug an acquaintance differently than I would a best friend or lover. The closer I am to someone, the more touchy I get. Which is something that yeah, I do know how to control. Others, not so much. And that's why I get edgy about hugging sometimes.

Magick

Posing school graduate
Physical contact kinda weirds me out in general, but if I know the person well enough I don't have much of a problem with it. Especially if I've had a drink or three.

Shetana

I'm a free hugs kind of girl, but I do always ask first. Well, except for with my really close friends but, that comes with the territory,

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
havent gotten a hug in years, could realy use one... my buds think handshakes are to way to go and i agree.
but i have given and received chokers does that count?

D

Deleted member 82554

havent gotten a hug in years, could realy use one... my buds think handshakes are to way to go and i agree.
but i have given and received chokers does that count?

I think a chocker or a firm pat on the back counts.

After all, us men have to keep our masculinity because we're all macho and tough and egotistic and shit.

Yeah, I hate being a male sometimes too. :c

Lomberdia

Selling bookmarks!
I'm fine with a hug if I know you. usually its the handshake/shoulder hug or the handshake/shoulder dap (black people man hug, lol) type of thing though. The full on hug is reserved for special people, love interests, or to comfort someone I care about in a emotionally vulnerable time.

Kofi Adofo

I hug everyone. When I first meet you, you get a hug. A few people will ask me not to and that is fine but I see no reason not to embrace someone in a warm welcome.

Now I don't mean I'm running around hugging strangers, but if I am introduced to a family member, a friend, or even a co-worker you best believe a hug is coming.

SL1PSH0D

Cheese Danish
I suppose it depends on the person hugging. Do I know them well? Do they smell like a dumpster? Are they going to nibble on my ear and tell me I have a pretty mouth? Variables, dawg.

Though, generally I'm not against them.

Phyllostachys

Feigning intelligence
No hugs. I don't even like my mother hugging me.
Alas, people here greet each other by hugging and touching their cheeks sometimes, and some people try that to me.

Rukani

I don't like hugs or touching from anyone apart from my partner, but we're long distance so that's just ironic. T v T