• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Human Fandom?

Dahguns

The nonsensical drama furry.
wow been months since i've been on this forum...but here i go. :cool:
A little brain excercise never hurt anyone, since everyone here always ponders what a world of furries would be like...well imagine it....everyone on this little funny planet has always been furry, there are no nor has ever been humans...of course to think of it like that would like me saying for you to think about a planet full of humans (which already exists, thus empirical data would overrule the rational idea of a human planet because we already exist in one blah blah blah)....a rational thought for an empirical world in a way....ok now that that has been put down (bluntly too I apologize).....would FA be like a H[uman]A? I mean would there be a fandom about the 'fictional' human? new terminology would have to be in place. idk just a funny thought i had.

Last edited:

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Why just humans, and not a mix of both animals that do exist but aren't sentient and fantasy human-like races? HA (since SA has two sites already) would be categorized by fetishes like FA is, alongside species such as "[x]" (whatever the Furries call themselves, takes the place of "Human"), "Dwarf", "Elf", "Halfling", "Human", "Dhampir", etc.

Oh hell, can you imagine Furry Otherkins? "FUCK YOU I'M A DUERGAR!"

~ ~ ~

Being series, there'd likely be no Human Fandom. Why? Animals are given human traits to make the Furry Fandom. For a Human Fandom, we'd be giving Furry Traits to... what?

I think I like this thread, it would be unusal though, humans would be another spices and animal in that kind of world if we co existed, it would probably also be like wearing a costume of another race (black face ect) in RL to dress up as another species in that world.

We also dont get alone with other civilized animals, other 100% of all civilized non human/humanoid life on earth was wiped out by homo sapians just millions of years ago, and they co existed before our breed emerged in africa. We are genocidal in our nature and would have a bad rep alone with maybe a few other species (Orcas, and birds), if us, birds, and orcas where in the world we will probably kill the others off.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
I've had the same thought and I do believe that there would be an HA in the place of FA. All us furries probably be wishing we where human as well.

Dahguns

Humans=Fursuits
Furries=Skinsuits (now thats creepy)

--------------------------

For a Human Fandom, we'd be giving Furry Traits to... what?
thats a good point....but maybe humans were to be an old object of mythology, somethin like the faun or griffin or dragon (stuff i regularly see in the current fandom, plus im sure ancient furries would not create these creatures since the already exist hypothetically)...all of those old mythological creatures are nothing but imaginative thinking, it could go both ways [human or furry]

--------------------------
OP: Wat? that made my brain go owie @.@
sry, just got done with philosophy course

Last edited:

Lucy Bones

Banned
Banned
However, would there be ethnicities in place of species?

If so, my Skinny character would be a big black guy.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
We also dont get alone with other civilized animals, other 100% of all civilized non human/humanoid life on earth was wiped out by homo sapians just millions of years ago, and they co existed before our breed emerged in africa. We are genocidal in our nature and would have a bad rep alone with maybe a few other species (Orcas, and birds), if us, birds, and orcas where in the world we will probably kill the others off.

You do realize you can wipe out species without warfare, yes? Through things such as naturally being better in the environment, resisting diseases better than other beings, etc?

And there's more to that list than Orcas and Birds. Best add rodents, primates, Lions, and African Wild Dogs to the list too. Actually, think of a species that has dominant males and / or females: If they have one of those two, they likely practice the killing of breedings that do not involve one of the two, or involve the prior one of the two (the prior alpha male, prior matriarch, etc).

LucidDarkness

Isn't a pervert. T_T
Well, what do you consider the different species in furry?

Are we all the animal of Furry, having cat and dog be like our black and white? Or is each animal their own species under a genus of Furry, leading animals that have different variations (Dog can be a beagle or a doberman) as the equivalent of human ethnicities?

And then what happens when you have animals that are biologically exactly the same, but of a different color (a domestic tabby compared to a domestic black haired cat)?

So much organization and classification would be needed... T_T

Asswings

Banned
Banned
What about a robot fandom?

That would be a sub-section. Like latexfurz.

Also, Asians would be the foxes and wolves.

Admit it, they would.

Blue2k

Insert Text Here
Here's food for thought. Since WE (as furries) think the idea of SA or HA is disgusting, maybe the proclaimed "normal" people of society think of furries as we do of "Human Fandom".

K

Kaamos

If robots had feelings they would be really hurt right now D:

Dahguns

Well, what do you consider the different species in furry?

Are we all the animal of Furry, having cat and dog be like our black and white? Or is each animal their own species under a genus of Furry, leading animals that have different variations (Dog can be a beagle or a doberman) as the equivalent of human ethnicities?

And then what happens when you have animals that are biologically exactly the same, but of a different color (a domestic tabby compared to a domestic black haired cat)?

So much organization and classification would be needed... T_T
I've read some internet comics where the author assigns each animal species to the race of human culture/origin/nationality they are depicting....actually seemed to work pretty good, you got a sense that the race he was trying to dipict actualy fit the animal representation of it. And yeah seeing how there are much more animal species then human races classification would be a headache.

--------------

Here's food for thought. Since WE (as furries) think the idea of SA or HA is disgusting, maybe the proclaimed "normal" people of society think of furries as we do of "Human Fandom".
Socrates? is that you? haha
and yes that does make perfect sense...but remember the variable here are purely hypothetical

Last edited:
J

Jelly

That would be a sub-section. Like latexfurz.

Also, Asians would be the foxes and wolves.

Admit it, they would.

Foxes, yes.
Wolves, I can't get out of my head as string bean white guys with ponytails.

What would bats be?
OH GOD, WHAT WOULD YOU BE