• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Human hair?

Gavrill

ladies~
Am I the only one that thinks human hair looks weird and misplaced on anthros? It's just...not natural, unless the animal has a natural mane. What do you guys think?

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
Depends. It's not unthinkable to have a longer growth of fur on the head to resemble hair. When it's colors that clash with the character's main color scheme...then it looks off.

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
Yes, it does.

Gavrill

ladies~
Oh, I so agree. I never draw anthros with hair, or much else that has to do with humans, like clothes. I think the only human-related object I might give them would be jewelry or a weapon.
I really like your take on snake "hair" x3
Depends. It's not unthinkable to have a longer growth of fur on the head to resemble hair. When it's colors that clash with the character's main color scheme...then it looks off.
Something like this as opposed to something like this?

SpartaDog

Heh, thanks, but don't give me too much credit. I took that idea from Kyoht, one of the most amazing artists ever. I've been drawing Nagas with hair like that since before I was capable of being decently creative. XD

Dococo

Noob artist
It depends on the artist's style and species and all that.
I hate how Ratcandy's drawings look with hair, but I love how it looks on some other artist's.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats

Something like this as opposed to something like this?

Yeah, pretty much. Then again I've never been a fan in general of seeing people with hair color that does not match their body and complexion.

RoqsWolf

Now with 100% more ∂ e e r™
Nah, I actually like it a lot ^ ^.

And sometimes, no hair on an anthro looks weird X3

WolvesSoulZ

I think they look fine, depending on the species though, sometime the color and the way they are make them unfitting. Also, it depend on the artist too.

Without his hair, my fursona would sorta look a bit strange in my opinion.

But everyone has their tastes.

docisco

true and your right it does depend a lot on the artest and the species..example you really cant have hair on a snake lol

M

Morroke

Morroke has hair, fluffy and manelike with a color according to a wolverine's pattern. I think hair is fine as long as it doesn't look incredibly ridiculous.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
I guess it just depends on the anthro, some look great with it, some look terrible without

Beastcub

human hair on an anthro does not bug me BUT it does look better when its on a horse, lion, maned wolf or any other creature that has longer hair on it head, for other animals it looks best if the hair is limited to a bang-like poof between the ears.

i hate doing wigs on a fursuit though, i think it looks odd and the hair tangles so easy, i prefer when its just a tuft of long fur or hair between the ears.

SpartaDog

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
I think hair is just another aspec that helps set anthros apart, I kinda agree that certain hair and/or anthros just don't look right with it but with others it helps with distinguishing their character :3

Depends. Foxes look good with some hair, cats too, but squirrels, rabbits and the like look wrong with hair.

Rifter

Perpetuating the Stereotype
Nah, it can add a decent bit of flare on the right character. I think some of Rifter's charm would be lost without that messy white mop of his.

Last edited:

Doctor Timewolf

Time Traveller
Fine by me, but it depends on species.

Smokey_Kitty

Yiff :O
If I'm not mistaken, anthro is about giving animals human qualities.....

Of course hair isn't the most important trait but I thinks is personal choice if you want it or not...