• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Human hair?

Farelle

o think it really depends on the species and you should not forget, that humans are animals too ;) and they still have (even if its less) shorter "fur" on their whole body ;)

so its genetically possible^^

but i would also say, it looks better on furred animals instead of those animals with scales or with very very short fur....and such....their are alot animals out there that don't need long hair on the head ^^

btw. as anthro i think it's ok
4 legs user should avoid it^^ <----i have a four legged from my Farelle too, there she has no human hair, she have more fluffy fur on her head and neck as usual instead^^ but also red

Russ

*Le Rawr*
I'll agree Trpdwarf. I don't mind it if it looks like an extention of the fur (which is the case in my pic). Hair in addition to fur just looks weird imo.

Dread Husky

Just another nobody...
I love hair on anthros. Though I think it kinda depends on the artists style and/or character. With artists like Dark Natasha or Blotch I actually prefer the more realistic animals with no hair or with a 'mane'. But I think that hair can also add a bit of flair and personality to a character and also make it stand out a bit more from others of it's species.

o think it really depends on the species and you should not forget, that humans are animals too ;) and they still have (even if its less) shorter "fur" on their whole body ;)

so its genetically possible^^

but i would also say, it looks better on furred animals instead of those animals with scales or with very very short fur....and such....their are alot animals out there that don't need long hair on the head ^^

btw. as anthro i think it's ok
4 legs user should avoid it^^ <----i have a four legged from my Farelle too, there she has no human hair, she have more fluffy fur on her head and neck as usual instead^^ but also red
No, humans don't have fur.
It is called body hair growing in sweaty places.
It is.
Desu.
But fur is great so ever yes yes.

Stratelier

Depends. It's not unthinkable to have a longer growth of fur on the head to resemble hair. When it's colors that clash with the character's main color scheme...then it looks off.
I hate to point out Vaelsara's avatar image as an example. Sometimes it doesn't even have to be color, for me it's usually length/volume that clashes.

Of course viewer expectations also play into account as well . . . if I see a subject that is intended to be an alligator, I don't want to see it wearing a mop of any color or length. Reptiles . . . just don't work that way.

(Dragons slightly exempted.)

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
it's all abou the hair for me.... I prefer anthros have hair than not. it's so enjoyable. without it, they remind me of bald old men.

but what pisses me off are artists that draw the eyes OVER the hair. wtf. seriously.

Bobmuffins

but what pisses me off are artists that draw the eyes OVER the hair. wtf. seriously.
Agreed. I think this one is mostly artists who build the shape of the body first, then the face details, and are too lazy to erase parts of the eye, but whatever.

Hair really only works for some art styles, and some characters though.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
Agreed. I think this one is mostly artists who build the shape of the body first, then the face details, and are too lazy to erase parts of the eye, but whatever.

Hair really only works for some art styles, and some characters though.

I think my characters look pretty good with hair...

actually from what I've heard, some anime artists were doing that (though the point was that the hair was THIN and you could see through it) so people started doing that with the eyes.

it's all abou the hair for me.... I prefer anthros have hair than not. it's so enjoyable. without it, they remind me of bald old men.

Anthro characters with hair are cuter R^R
I think my characters look pretty good with hair...

actually from what I've heard, some anime artists were doing that (though the point was that the hair was THIN and you could see through it) so people started doing that with the eyes.
Your character are exactly the first thing I said, pretty and cute R^R
Anime artists that do the hair "thin" are okay, but when combining it with anthro, it's get messy becuase of the fur and stuff.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
Style thing. Some people do it well, but I always hate when I'm asked to do it for a commission or some such. With my style, it always ends up looking like the character just put a cheap wig on. Same goes for other artists. I usually just flare out the neck fur and call it good.

Depends on the character. But generally, I prefer hair on anthros. Kura (my fursona- stylized pic of her can be viewed in icon) would not look so good without her hair.=/

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
Anthro characters with hair are cuter R^R

Your character are exactly the first thing I said, pretty and cute R^R
Anime artists that do the hair "thin" are okay, but when combining it with anthro, it's get messy becuase of the fur and stuff.

:3 aww why thankyou!
some of them are single btw.

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned
Doesn't bother me in the least, though I try to make it match the rest of my characters' color schemes when I draw.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
My character would look incredibly stupid without a human hairstyle...

well, too me at least.

Who first showed them with hair? Hair is important in showing a style or attitude - and it does work well on most pics.

Yrr

I [REDACTED]
I prefer them with hair, but as long as it's in style, and within the character's natural range.