• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Humanity and Furry

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Um... I'm quite human, my affinity for dragons not withstanding.

Kranksty

Burnt to a crispy texture
Well put Shieldswulf.
I am not native american but I would have several times of going into what other might think of as another world.
Were animal spirits would talk to me and go on an animal journey.
I came away with a fox as my spirit and guide.

I like learning about cultures too.
Asian cultures at least in anchient times would call themselves decendents of the dragon.
And some schools in ancient times would have you choose what animal you feel you are.
And a Sensei would train you in the spirit of what you chose.

Ancient Egyptians have several depictions of what they think there gods were and they have there underworld and overworld.

And many cultures have beliefs of coming back as an animal or human.
And I like to look to my animal spirit more then humans because of the attitude of intolerance of others beliefs.

I believe there is a God and Spirit.
And I don't care who ridicules me for these beliefs they are mine and I'll stick with them for my life time.

My guess is that people have forgotten about native americans. although people may not think this has any connection, it does.
as most probably learned in school native americans are spiritual. alot of the tribes had a belief, skipping past all the things that people will pick at, each tribe was different in how they did it but it was generally the same. the young coming of age would go on a journey and have to come back after they had found their "spirit guide" alot of the time this guide took the shape of a animal. that person was then referred to as that animal by much of the tribe. From alot of the responses ive read in this post, i guess that would mean native americans arent human? im not being racist, flaming or whatever reason someone might have for nitpicking on this. im just giving insight and a suggestion, considering if there where any native americans around here that held to the old beliefs they would probably take a offense to whats being said here. its native american belief that animals and humans go hand in hand, humans are just the one on top because of superior technology.

to answer the original question posted, my belief is that its not wrong to consider yourself a animal, yet sometimes its best to come to terms with the fact that you are human. It's just your point of view. people will ridicule you any way you choose. what makes a person unique is that they have the ability to think for themselves.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
Well put Shieldswulf.
I am not native american but I would have several times of going into what other might think of as another world.

Asian cultures at least in anchient times would call themselves decendents of the dragon.
And some schools in ancient times would have you choose what animal you feel you are.

Ancient Egyptians have several depictions of what they think there gods were and they have there underworld and overworld.

And I like to look to my animal spirit more then humans because of the attitude of intolerance of others beliefs.

And I don't care who ridicules me for these beliefs they are mine and I'll stick with them for my life time.

Humans associating themselves with animal spirits has definately been going on for centuries. But i don't "think" I AM a squirrel, it is an animal i feel i can associate myself with.

I am still human though.

EDIT: corrected my own grammer >.>

MattyK

For a Pessimist I'm Optimistic
I liek being Scaley and Cute(And also a wannabe Vore "prey" ^.=.^) but IRL I'm just an everyday Gloucester Hoodlum. Minus the ASBO problems.

Kitsune Dzelda

Hmmmm.......
Well put everyone, very well put, you captured my opinion well without me even having to say it.

And technically a spirit fox being chosen as your guide Is A Kitsune, because if you look at it from my point of view, they Are Old, the Still are Tricksters, they still are Illusionists, and they still give you Great Luck when you choose them, Despite all other arguing. I tend to be a bit autistic at times, so I get confused on how I portray myself.

Patton89

I dont feel any semi-religious connection with animal spirits or any other "connection" to that matter. I dont believe in such things. If i ever felt anything like that, i would put it under label, My own psychological creation.
Animals are just animals. Associating any human traits with normal animals, such as characteristics like slyness or any other trait like that, is purely illogical and irrational, and thats a fact. Honestly, i will never understand religious people, they believe odd, impossible things that have never been proven.

Sorry, but i have never believed in any sort of magic , spirits, gods or anything like that, nor will i believe in the future.
Youd think this day and age people wouldnt belive in all sorts of magic, with advanced science, theories and evidence and lack of any real evidence to support the magic and spirits and gods.

Kitsune Dzelda

Hmmmm.......
You do know that if you undertook acrheological and historical research you would find many of the Bibles historical events backed up by actual real life things.

But supposing that had no connection with anything, you must obviously be the logical type that doesnt believe in magic. Which is good, because if you did believe in it, it would scar you quite nicely. I personally wish I wasnt as royally stupid to not adopt your stance on life in the first place.

Sanguine

Hippie Graffiti Artist
I am an entity. How I am presented is not nearly as important as what I do.
One should care so much about what they really are but, rather, care about what they are doing.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Well put Shieldswulf.

Usually with totems that the animal totem spirit can be synonymus with the personality of the Human "you"...
In a way..
Some take the whole Totem Spirit thing a little too far and think that the wolf is them when in fact it isn't. Some Therians take that a bit too far (IMO)..

In conclusion, the fandom is mothing more than a hobby, nothing spiritual about it.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
You do know that if you undertook acrheological and historical research you would find many of the Bibles historical events backed up by actual real life things.

But supposing that had no connection with anything, you must obviously be the logical type that doesnt believe in magic. Which is good, because if you did believe in it, it would scar you quite nicely. I personally wish I wasnt as royally stupid to not adopt your stance on life in the first place.

As a history major, here's a suggestion: Never use the bible to connect historical records.

The Grey One

New Zealand Scot
Of course I do consider myself human, but I like being able to pretend to be a wolf when I'm online with my furry friends.

Patton89

Dont even go there.
There is no proof to support the dividing of red sea. There is no evidence to support a world wide flood. There is no solid proof that there existed a biblical jesus. Many cities mentioned in the bible did not exist at the time of the told events. Bible is unreliable, inaccurate historical source.Its a religious text. Like any other religious text, they put some real events there, but they mainly are unrealiable.

And if i managed to insult you with my text, you should know that finnish are direct, we say what we think.

Last edited:

NeoEevee

Says 'Quack'
To answer the original poster's question, I'm aware that I'm human, but I find it fun to pretend I could be a fox or a cat or a dragon. Though I sincerely wish I could be a shapeshifter, because sometimes I wish I could be a bird and fly, but other times I wish I could be a dolphin and swim around in the ocean like one, and I can never decide between one or the other so I'd settle for being a shapeshifter so I can be all of them. =D

[size=-5]..If you're human and you know it clap your hands! *clapclap* *shot repeatedly*[/size]

I'm human.
And in all honesty I wouldn't like to be an animal because then I'd lose all of the abilities of higher thought.
But it's fun to think of myself as a kitty on occation XD.

And I do believe that "God" was involved in our creation.
Personally I don't think arguing the whole Creation v. Evolution thing is any worthwhile though. What matters is that were here now :|.

Last edited:
I'm human.
And in all honesty I wouldn't like to be an animal because then I'd lose all of the abilities of higher thought.
But it's fun to think of myself as a kitty on occation XD.

And I do believe that "God" was involved in our creation.
Personally I don't think arguing the whole Creation v. Evolution thing is any worthwhile though. What matters is that were here now :|.
I couldn't have said it better myself:mrgreen:

Animals in spirituality usually only mean what traits we give them.
Anthromorphisim is applying human traits to animals. Thus they are merely symbolic of humanity's values, a fox is not cunning in and of itself, it escapes the hunter, the Hunter smiles and thinks the fox is cunning for eluding him, he thus ascribes that trait to that animal. All the fox knows it was doing was running in instinctual terror away from something bigger than itself.
Animals don't think, they just do things, they have no complex thoughts, no complex emotions or drives, this is why humans can be simultaniously the smarter and more insane than anything else on this planet.
I suppose that's what makes us diffrent, we're capable of thinking of our actions in ethical terms, and overriding our instinct to accomplish our goals.
no other creature can make the same boast.
I think we give them traits they don't have, and make some of them pets, because as a species we're lonely, there is nobody else at the top of the food chain.
Being God's chosen people (alien theories not withstanding) is a lonely position in the cosmos.

Liam

A ghost passing through
I cope with reality well. I am human. There is a 100-10^60 chance I will die so too.
Wishes are just wishes, nothing more.

Liam

A ghost passing through
I suppose that's what makes us diffrent, we're capable of thinking of our actions in ethical terms, and overriding our instinct to accomplish our goals.
no other creature can make the same boast.
I think we give them traits they don't have, and make some of them pets, because as a species we're lonely, there is nobody else at the top of the food chain.
Birds are smart, in particular ravens and crows.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_intelligence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvidae#Intelligence

Sometimes I feel that we have cheated evolution through civilization and invention, and it will come back with a vengance.

some animals can be smart but they are still driven only by instinct... a raven will never think "is it wrong to do that?" all that intelligence is focused on "foodfood, how can I get food easier?, breedbreed, find best mate, lay eggs." animals just don't think in moral terms.

Humans: the species that instead of killing things with his bare hands like all the other animals tied a rock to a stick and beat his meals to death more effecently.

haynari

I am a fox furry, but i condsider myself human. but not like the average human. being that i think things through and i have a near genius iq, i already am different. so when i say humans are stupid. i mean in general, most humans are stupid. because there is so much ignorance and hatred in this world just because some people dont understand stuff and rather than look in to it, they immediatly hate it.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
*Pokes silly question*

*Walks away with his face in his palm*

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
I don't feel like going through all the pages but I just wanted to ask, was there anyone that said they weren't human, I just wanted to know XP

As for me, I know damn straight I'm a person and I was going to say that was a dumb question but then agian this is the furry fandom lmao

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
I don't feel like going through all the pages but I just wanted to ask, was there anyone that said they weren't human, I just wanted to know XP

As for me, I know damn straight I'm a person and I was going to say that was a dumb question but then agian this is the furry fandom lmao

As far as i have seen, i think everyone has said human.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
As far as i have seen, i think everyone has said human.

Wow...I didn't really expect that, maybe we have more sane people here than else where lol

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
because there is so much ignorance and hatred in this world just because some people dont understand stuff and rather than look in to it, they immediatly hate it.
This leads me to wonder something: Is it better to have strong feelings for / against something (because just as often as there are people preaching hate there are those seeking respect / tolerance), or to have no feelings at all for something (and thus uncaring whether they live with you, are being systematically murdered, etc)?

It's hard to answer. On one hand, non-justified hate is bad. On the other, it's hard to argue for something that would let the world burn around them if they could still mate and eat in the end.

Kitsune Dzelda

Hmmmm.......
I am human. Sadly. I always wish i was something else though. My imagination robs me like a golden mansion.