• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Humans that are almost anthro

Reck

I have this manager at my workplace. She is kinda cute, but she has these giant ears. She looks like a mouse. No joke.

ChickO'Dee

I notice sometimes that some people, to me have animalistic qualities to them. I sometimes find myself assigning them identities based on qualities I see (He is a raccoon, she a cat, the guy over there a wolf, etc) It is hard to explain and is something I seem to do subconsciously...

The odd thing is, where I work there was a guy whom I thought "fox" when I met him. Something like 10 months later I find out by mitake he is a fur and guess what, FOX!

Perhaps there is something to this after all ^.^

I am really tired so hopefully this made seance... I apologize if not. *hugs*

lol. i do the same thing. Ive always done it though, idk why.

Waggable - you have said it better than I - thanks for making my thoughts come across a bit clearer. Of course I don't see wolves, rats and rabbits walking about (not that I would not want to) but just the merest hint of animal - enough to notice anyway...

Sorry if I used the word 'anthro' in the incorrect way, but I am only too happy to learn the correct way of saying things.

Yesterday evening at the pub I was speaking with aquaintances, and bearing this thread in mind I asked what their favourite animals were. Now, I did nor really care what some of them said, as they are fairly average guys, but I did want one of them particularly to answer. He has dark eyes, fairly deep set, his gaze is always steady and he does not start conversations as a rule - but he does listen well. He has an unusual look - odd leather jacket, tightish jeans and a haircut that never seems to change - short cropped and tidy. I was pleasantly (not) surprised when he said "wolf" - just that - nothing more. I asked for more info and it turned out that he spends as much time with wolves as possible in his free time. He has wolf photos in his wallet but does not go out of his way to speak about it.

So, again, back to my topic, I feel certain that whilst people do obviously not have tails, fur and muzzles, a minority DO have an animal persona. Is this inborn or something they aquire in later life? That I don't know. Are they furries that have not even heard the term? Most probably.

LSD? 'Shrooms? Acid? No, but feeling wretched after a dose of H1N1 flu - most certainly yes! I usually enjoy nothing more than a debate, but I will leave it at this reply as I don't want to become a bore.;)

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Carenath, I did not make a racial slur. I made racial slurs. Get it right, shit!

Jack

I suppose if you have a good enough imagination, you could perhaps see your fantasies.
shit, lol... I envy you. if I could see my fantasies... Id spend more time in bed. XD

joey2joey

Considering anthro comes from the Greek word anthropos, meaning human, and anthro is a prefix meaning humanesk, I would say humans are the most anthro you can possibly get.

Reednemer

MENTELGEN
Waggable - you have said it better than I - thanks for making my thoughts come across a bit clearer. Of course I don't see wolves, rats and rabbits walking about (not that I would not want to) but just the merest hint of animal - enough to notice anyway...

Sorry if I used the word 'anthro' in the incorrect way, but I am only too happy to learn the correct way of saying things.

Yesterday evening at the pub I was speaking with aquaintances, and bearing this thread in mind I asked what their favourite animals were. Now, I did nor really care what some of them said, as they are fairly average guys, but I did want one of them particularly to answer. He has dark eyes, fairly deep set, his gaze is always steady and he does not start conversations as a rule - but he does listen well. He has an unusual look - odd leather jacket, tightish jeans and a haircut that never seems to change - short cropped and tidy. I was pleasantly (not) surprised when he said "wolf" - just that - nothing more. I asked for more info and it turned out that he spends as much time with wolves as possible in his free time. He has wolf photos in his wallet but does not go out of his way to speak about it.

So, again, back to my topic, I feel certain that whilst people do obviously not have tails, fur and muzzles, a minority DO have an animal persona. Is this inborn or something they aquire in later life? That I don't know. Are they furries that have not even heard the term? Most probably.

LSD? 'Shrooms? Acid? No, but feeling wretched after a dose of H1N1 flu - most certainly yes! I usually enjoy nothing more than a debate, but I will leave it at this reply as I don't want to become a bore.;)

I just know that 50% havent read this because it was too long.

SirRob

Can't say I've ever mistook someone as an anthro, but I find myself associating people with animals sometimes. My PowerPoint teacher in highschool, for example, reminded me of a frog.

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
well yeah. duh.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
wat?

EinTheCorgi

Banned
Banned
yeah i got really sloshed on scotch and i was wearing my cap and my fleece coat and i looked in the mirror and was like "wa? holy sweet platypus Jesus i has ears on me head i is turning furreh woot" i then slumped down stairs and got on the couch and sought to catch and eat big grey moths that didnt exist

PaulShepherd

Hawt Dawg
Uh, yay? Like somebody said already, anthro is the meaning of human. Hence why humans are human beings. As simple as that.

wolfrunner7

Nibbles 'n Bits

There are those of us who aspire to the qualities of the spirits to which we are bound. Not often do most seek to look past that which is obvious, within the realm of human traits. As with most things, perception is what the individual makes of it.

For someone such as I, the term "furry" was unfamiliar till a friend I met long ago who since has become much closer spoke of it. The term came to light upon a remark pertaining to my nature. In regards to your question about whether or not such traits are established later on in life, whilst I cannot say for others I will confirm this be the case for I. Had an experience in my youth that I wish not to explain here (will gladly do so in non-public setting). Though many years it would take to realize the effect of the experience and give said effect a name, it allowed the branching out into further topics.

In regards to your wolf friend.. there are many of us out there that act much in the same manner. For what reason, I know not. That be in the discretion of their own minds.

Thanks for your thoughts Wolfrunner. What you say rings true.

I spoke to him again today. He is so quiet and intense - but very interesting. Despite his very 'wolfy' persona, he has the very un-wolflike name of Ken:).

There is more to being a 'furry' than just fur for sure...

wolfrunner7

Nibbles 'n Bits
It be unfortunate, none have a choice in the designation chosen for our human bodies. Though wolfish I be, my human name be that of James ... I find it most irritating, and instead would wish to be called by my adopted ceremonial name. Not something I share openly.

Perhaps more open I be than others, most likely attributed to lacking a pack. Tend to seek comfort in some sort of acknowledgment, since I belong not.

"A wolf without a pack, is either a survivor or a brute."

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Humans with animal qualities: Zoomorphic

Animals or objects with human qualities and/or traits: Anthro.

X.x

Foxy_Boy

Honest Foxy
I had a boss who had a narrow face, I always said he looked like a rat.
I had this boss who had a long neck, We always called her stork..... Or crane neck.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
"A wolf without a pack, is either a survivor or a brute."

A wolf without a pack tends to be shot by a hunter (or a farmer) with a gun.

Lone wolves don't make it in the wild..

KokoroTheDragon

Guardian Dragon
Anthropomorphic = Human
Zoomorphic =Animal

Sometimes I have to admit people seem to have Zoomorphic traits.
In fact, if one is luck they can guess their favorite animal.

But please for the sake of decency... don't go around to people saying...
"Hey! Listen! You look like a Hippo/Dog/Cow/Fox/Lion/Dragon."
It ticked me off when somebody thought I was a vampire -_-'
(Is that a complement theses days?)
They may not react positively.
If you have I'd start running.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Anthropomorphic = Human
Zoomorphic =Animal

Sometimes I have to admit people seem to have Zoomorphic traits.
In fact, if one is luck they can guess their favorite animal.

But please for the sake of decency... don't go around to people saying...
"Hey! Listen! You look like a Hippo/Dog/Cow/Fox/Lion/Dragon."
It ticked me off when somebody thought I was a vampire -_-'
(Is that a complement theses days?)
They may not react positively.
If you have I'd start running.

Oh lord.
With the twitwat phenomenon, it isn't.