• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hybrid Fursona Help?

Hello I finally settled on a species for my Fursona, a Bear!
But I share multiple traits with different species of Bear and not just one or I like the features on other Bears like the muzzle of a American Black Bear.

I was just wondering how to blend the different Bear species into one so it looks like it could be a real hybrid?
Like do I just pick the features from each Bear that I like the best?
I'm going to try to use just natural colors but I might add one or two unnatural colors to the design.

My Fursona is going to be a Spectacled Bear,American Black Bear,and Giant Panda hybrid.

Last edited:
I want to use the markings from the Spectacled Bear for my Fursona but I also want to add something to show that it's also part Giant Panda but I'm not sure how..
Maybe white patches or add the Panda's leg markings?

Any kind of tip or advice would be helpful :)

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
The black bear part seems a little redundant since the two other bear species have a lot of black. A simple solution to your hybrid problem could be to use the panda colors but the spectacled bears face pattern, it wouldn't be too hard.

s_fodder

Swatchfodder
I want to use the markings from the Spectacled Bear for my Fursona but I also want to add something to show that it's also part Giant Panda but I'm not sure how..
Maybe white patches or add the Panda's leg markings?

Any kind of tip or advice would be helpful :)

I would use the markings from both, but pick the color scheme of one. That way it won't be too complex and you'll be able to see the influences from both.

FlannelFox

dem leggies
I'd do the spectacled bear head and the white mark on the chest from the black bear. The rest of the chest & shoulders would have to be black to contrast the white chest mark but elsewhere just panda it up however you like.

The black bear part seems a little redundant since the two other bear species have a lot of black. A simple solution to your hybrid problem could be to use the panda colors but the spectacled bears face pattern, it wouldn't be too hard.

I picked the Black Bear because of the fact it comes in a variety of colors like Brown,Cinnamon,and White.
But thanks for the advice :)

@s_fodder Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing I just need to decide on the colors :D

@FlannelFox Thanks for the advice, I'll start playing around with markings and colors :cool: