• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Hybrids

G

GenericFoxLover6000

Hello, if my name didn't give it away, I'm a generic fox lover! I've recently decided to get into the furry fandom, and I've noticed a lot of unique sonas out there, as well as multiple hybrid breeds. I was wondering what's the process of creating a hybrid, and why did you guys create the ones that you have?

It'sBlitz

Pilot in training
Most the time its people who can't decide on what species they want their 'sona to be, and just smash them together. The only exception to this rule that I can think of is people with Griffin fursonas.

G

GenericFoxLover6000

That's kind of what I've gathered, but I didn't want to make any assumptions. Mythological beasts would easily be an exception to that rule of course, almost one hundred percent of the time they were a hybrid of some kind. It doesn't matter what region of the world you look at, they're all over the place. I must admit though Griffins are pretty bad ass, but I can't see myself having one as a 'sona.

Cloudyhue

Certified Fuzzbutt
Oh, hybrids... They are a wondeful thing that can sometimes make or break a charcter design. My fursona is a real mess of species, being a shark/bat/kirin hybrid. The simple reason for this choice is that it looks cool. In the early stages of my fursona's design, she was just a shark/bat/raptor hybrid. Those animals I really like, and I thought mashing them together would make for an interesting and cool looking character. Fast forward about a year, and I have myself two kirin characters. They have their own kind of world and government system they rule over set up in my head. At that point I wanted to redesign my fursona, and was already planning out a new design.

Since I already had two kirin ruling over a world, I decided a third wouldn't hurt. Ta da, now I have three kirin, the third being a hybrid.

G

GenericFoxLover6000

That's quite the mix of species, but it turned out really well imo!

Satoga

Little devil
I find hybrids awesome. <3 It really shows the creativity of the person. It makes their sonas so unique.
My sona isn't really a hybrid but she doesn't fit into any species either.
Sato is a canine demon thing because I don't really know what she is. She started as a wolf but now there is not much wolf left in her. xD

E

ellaerna

I've had a few hybrids back in the day, but a lot of them were just "I really like wings. Let's tack some on and call it a hybrid". Now that I'm older and have discovered the wild world of 40k, my process has changed to "I like wings. Let's tack some on and call it a mutation." :)

Seriously though, I do enjoy hybrids quite a bit. Some are just for aesthetics, sure, but I think most people see part of themselves in many creatures and want to capture all of that as opposed to picking one.

biohart

has its moments doesn't it. we have a werewolf pack of arizona forum, check it out as i typed it if you want.