• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sketchbook: I’m new and I use to hate furries

Spicy Cheeto

Hello! I use to be the kid that made fun of furries because that is what everybody else did.
I admit it! My older brother had taught me to never take commissions from furries and that furries should be avoided at all costs. Well..... here I am years later Growing up I loved drawing animals and many of my stories revolved around them. But as a got older I felt an overwhelming amount of shame so I began to only draw people. I wouldn’t label myself a furry but I joined so I could draw other people’s fursonas and characters. I’ve always wanted to be commissioned by a furry (I know that sounds weird) but never have been.

So what made me not hate furries?

Well I started to draw NSFW art, and I realized that even furry art that is considered deviant in nature, is nothing compared to what I’ve drawn. I really don’t understand why people are freaking out over this community. You guys seem pretty normal and tame to me (the NSFW content is super tame). There are so many communities that are twisted and vile but you guys just seem like you just want to have fun.

I have a furry affinity account!
Userpage of Spicy-Cheeto -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

Spicy Cheeto

Anyway, my art combines traditional and digital characteristics. Here is my work.
CB55E87A-EA83-41D9-98DF-99F035906B1C.jpeg
8E3BBE06-B24A-4B90-8F97-D4CBE063D9AE.jpeg
83414A0A-CDBD-44D2-91F9-76E7DDA4F238.jpeg
DC6769E4-D78D-47A1-8FC3-A3CA62EF225A.jpeg

F

foussiremix

Your art looks really good and the artstyle is unique too.

Lexiand

Werewolf
Amazing art style

JakeTheFoXx

Ope, 'Scuse Me
You are really talented!
Also, welcome to the forum and nice to meet you!

Your story kind of reminds me of what it was like when I was in school. Any thing that was considered nerdy/weird put a huge target on your back. Also, I'm not sure how it is now, but when I was in school it was completely taboo to be gay. So here I was, a gay, band nerd, nerdy gamer kid, that had an interest in all sorts of stuff (furry art included) all while being a chubby kid in a sea of people that enjoy ridiculing others for their differences. Being someone that had been picked on in school intermittently, I decided to try and "conform" to the social norms of my peers. When I made it to high school, I moved to Kansas from Florida and started off my high school freshman year in a new school where I knew no one. Being afraid to get singled out, I suppressed everything that made me different... that made me ME. It was then easy to follow the mob mentality and be the very person I despised. But as school ended I realized how stupid all that crap was. I think the older we get, what we once considered controversial becomes trivial, and people just care less about it all. I would also say that as a society we've become more tolerant (think of the 1950s to now). So hopefully you aren't/weren't too hard on yourself, and again, glad to meet you! I look forward to seeing more of your art!

Spicy Cheeto

You are really talented!
Also, welcome to the forum and nice to meet you!

Your story kind of reminds me of what it was like when I was in school. Any thing that was considered nerdy/weird put a huge target on your back. Also, I'm not sure how it is now, but when I was in school it was completely taboo to be gay. So here I was, a gay, band nerd, nerdy gamer kid, that had an interest in all sorts of stuff (furry art included) all while being a chubby kid in a sea of people that enjoy ridiculing others for their differences. Being someone that had been picked on in school intermittently, I decided to try and "conform" to the social norms of my peers. When I made it to high school, I moved to Kansas from Florida and started off my high school freshman year in a new school where I knew no one. Being afraid to get singled out, I suppressed everything that made me different... that made me ME. It was then easy to follow the mob mentality and be the very person I despised. But as school ended I realized how stupid all that crap was. I think the older we get, what we once considered controversial becomes trivial, and people just care less about it all. I would also say that as a society we've become more tolerant (think of the 1950s to now). So hopefully you aren't/weren't too hard on yourself, and again, glad to meet you! I look forward to seeing more of your art!

Thankyou so much for your response! I was actually bullied relentlessly too because people suspected I was gay in the Bible Belt. I absolutely had no friends and always sat alone. I would try to make friends and talk to people constantly but people would literally walk away from me mid sentence.On my graduation day I stood alone, it was brutal. I later found out I was autistic so that also explained why people didn’t want to be my friend (I’m socially retarded). I don’t blame them.

I’m sorry you had to hide your life from your peers in fear that you would get bullied. Nobody deserves that. I hope you are able to be yourself now.