• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

"I am an idiot" moment

Xela-Dasi

PiratePiratePiratePirateP irate
What are your "I am an idiot moments"

Every moment that make you look like an idiot may be written here. I hope it will go well.

Some minutes ago I wanted to write " :v " but didn't remember how the smiley looked like. I tried : :< :> '< '.> ^> ^< :^ ¨< :>

Then I had an idea : I am going to check another post and see what it is and then I saw it " :v " I was happy but

when I tried to do it, I looked at my keyboard for " ^ " upside down... 10 seconds later I facepalmed.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Couldn't remember what the verb for to drive was in German

had to look it up in a dictionary and then cried.

Distorted

I pushed the door to get into the store when it said pull right on the front. I took a moment to pause at my stupidity.

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
Sometimes I'll walk into a room and completely forget what I came in there for.

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
Doing the same maths twice and getting two different answers.

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
My mother hides a lot of things in the dishwasher (don't ask, it's one of her weird quirks.)
So when I was at my friend's house one day I was busy looking for something for her. Forgot what it was exactly but I rushed over to her dishwasher and started looking around.
Her: "dafuq are u doin" :?:

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
One moment happened to me once when introducing myself to someone. After they had said their name, it took me a good 5 seconds to remember mine...

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
my first day in these forums, getting like 3 of my threads deleted or locked and atracting unwanted attention

Schwimmwagen

my first day in these forums, getting like 3 of my threads deleted or locked and atracting unwanted attention

This can be prevented by:

• Browsing stickies posted everywhere for info
  • Reading the rules
  • Taking note of what section is for what
  • Lurking just a little bit

Unfortunately, rarely anyone gets it.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
My biggest idiot moment came about through a series of illicit transactions and actions, so I can't go on about it here unless the mods are up for a tale that's told as a warning to the well doers. I know most people went humorous/witty with it, but there was a definitive point in time where I was looking down on myself in pure disgust thinking, "You idiot. You tremendous fucking idiot."

Let's just say there's a moment for nearly every drug user when the hammer comes down in one way or another, and there's no other reason than your own reckless stupidness and your own need/urge to do said substance. Whether it's the law or a six-and-a-half foot white supremacist looking to collect on your roommate's bills, it was the choice to get involved in the drug life to begin with that trucked you to that point. To blame it on anything else would be denial. It comes down to a choice, and a bit of soul searching to decide whether you want to go down further down into the rabbit hole or get your shit straight and fly right.

That said, I got myself back on a course of sanity, for the time being at least. There's still a few kicks I'd like to try and a vague hope for certain experiences in my life, but it's all against the backdrop of that one idiot moment where everything went completely fucking wrong. I remember my mistake and it keeps me from repeating it.

Nothing makes reality clearer than the threat of losing your own life, whether it be literal or the indirect consequences of giving your life over to a substance.

Xela-Dasi

PiratePiratePiratePirateP irate

I don't know about the others but I loved your first day in the forums, make me smile a lot hehe I already like you!

This can be prevented by:

• Browsing stickies posted everywhere for info
  • Reading the rules
  • Taking note of what section is for what
  • Lurking just a little bit

Unfortunately, rarely anyone gets it.

I didn't do any of that and I turned out just fine.

I am God.

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.
I hate it when my mind goes derp while I try to drink a can of soda and I end up missing my mouth entirely.

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
I walked into the bathroom and stood there at the doorway for a good 15 minutes... I had no idea why I showed up there to begin with so I decided to stand around until my memory finally hit me. Well it didn't, so as I walked back to my room I finally got it. I walked to the bathroom to pee -even more sad is that I was completely sober while this was all going down so it wasn't my most shining of moments. :lol: