• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I am reallying thinking about disowning my family.

KaiserVadin

Super Saiyan 5 Kaioken x ???
Everyday I act like myself and I do clean or what so ever but when someone think you go to follow there rules everyday I can be like " uh huh, go tell that to someone else " I took it when I was younger but now that I am 24 I don't take that " Your making me mad for not putting the dishing away, this is why you have bugs and ants " crap no more the mental controling BS is P!ssing me off my mother do the same smit to me when I was young causing me to be mentally werid.

Long story short reguardless if a man lives with his family he should be able to live life like he wants and not try to get mentally control by family if there views are different.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070329112222AA9z4yQ

Charkonian

Charizard Extraordinare
A man should be able to live in the manner he chooses... if in a residence he owns.

If you don't own that place, or aren't paying a sizable portion of it's cost, then my friend, you pretty much are subjected to whatever rules and regulations go on in said property, as long as those implications cause no physical harm. However... forcing someone's opinions and ways on someone else without their consent or approval is never right to begin with, and I do feel for ya.

Leave, dude. Carve out your own life if you hate it there so much. But if you stay, what can you do?

And don't get so worked up. Think it out.

KaiserVadin

A man should be able to live in the manner he chooses... if in a residence he owns.

If you don't own that place, or aren't paying a sizable portion of it's cost, then my friend, you pretty much are subjected to whatever rules and regulations go on in said property, as long as those implications cause no physical harm. However... forcing someone's opinions and ways on someone else without their consent or approval is never right to begin with, and I do feel for ya.

Leave, dude. Carve out your own life if you hate it there so much. But if you stay, what can you do?

And don't get so worked up. Think it out.
I was thinking about staying a hotel for like a week but I don't have $250 on me btw I do pay some the bills ( the ones in my name ) lol

Charkonian

Charizard Extraordinare
The hotel idea doesn't sound like a good one to me. After that week is through, what then?

And if you're paying part of the residency, then the residents are entitled to show you respect. If you have the balls (Well, maybe that's not the best word... try fortitude), skip back on the bills you pay, and show them how much they take you for granted.

Either that, or just try to get along as best you can. I've not much more advice beyond that... relationships, whether intimate or otherwise, were never truly my forte.

Last edited:

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
You're 24 and can't afford 250? Jesus fucking Christ kids adults nowadays are pathetic.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
Suck it up and say what they want to hear thats what I do. If you can't do that I say get a good job and get the f**k out before it gets worse for you.

KaiserVadin

Suck it up and say what they want to hear thats what I do. If you can't do that I say get a good job and get the f**k out before it gets worse for you.
Well I send my mom a email so I can try and talk it out because I don't really want to take thinks too far but if I can understand my dad maybe I can get a idea of his mindset. :grin:

Dragon-lover

The Flame'n Aussie Dragon
I know where your coming from mate... I've been in the same position as you, but it was my step-father who treated me like his slave..even after I moved out and lived on my own.....

It all depends on weather you an talk to them or not... I know my step-father was the way he was because he was a heartless prick with an attiude problem.. he'd call me all the names under the sun before threating to beat me...

It all depends on your folks... are they really being unreasonable? what are they making you do thats so bad?...

you need to talk to them and not bottle it up....or it's gonna end for you like it did for me..

Another story....

Last edited:

Giorgio Gabriel

You Will Be Godlike.
If you're above the age of 18 and still living in your parents' house, your opinion is rendered null and void where the matters of the house are concerned. It's their house, and their rules. If you don't like it, get a job that doesn't involve flipping burgers and move out.

GatodeCafe

Cowardly Coyote
If you don't like it, get the hell out. Don't post on some internet forum about it with an internet connection that your family is probably providing for you. Quit looking at yiff and pussyfooting around and take control of your own damn life. Get a job, get an apartment, and once you're on your feet, look into community college. You win, your parents win, society wins.

LunaticMoth

Conscientious Disaster
if a man lives with his family he should be able to live life like he wants

Aheheh, no.

If a man lives with his family, he's not a man, yet. Get out of the fucking house, pay your own rent, maintain your own car, and then you can leave as many dirty dishes for the ants as you want.

Granted, getting out of the house is HARD. But let your annoyance with your family motivate you to find a steady job and fight to get to a point where you can move out and be free from family life.

ExTo

Under the sea, near heat vents
Get your own house, set your own rules. You're 24, you should be gone since at least 2 years. At least.

Also, a long time ago, there was a thing called punctuation. Sorry for pointing it out, but I am an old schooler and still remember the days when sentences could be told apart.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Get your own house, set your own rules. You're 24, you should be gone since at least 2 years. At least.

Also, a long time ago, there was a thing called punctuation. Sorry for pointing it out, but I am an old schooler and still remember the days when sentences could be told apart.

*chuckles* Yes, punctuation and grammar are dinosaurs nowadays, it seems. But agreed - you are 24, why are you still living at your parent's place? I moved out at 19, my younger brother waited until 22 (which I thought was bad). If I were your parent and it was my house where you lived for little or nothing, I'd feel perfectly within my rights to tell you what needs to be cleaned too. Is that annoying? Yes... I didn't like my parents lecturing me on that either when I was at home, BUT, I also understood it was their house.

When I got my own place and started university, then I had a right to complain when it was the roommates not doing their part to do dishes and stuff, likewise, they had a right to complain it if was me that was slacking off. Eventually, when you get a place of our own, with no roomies or anything, THEN you can do whatever you like and no one will complain.

makmakmob

Basically you need to eave home. This does not involve 'disowning' you're parents, just leaving their house! They would have to seriously fuck things up before actually disowning them became a good idea.

KaiserVadin

I got a job, no car but only make part time wages so the ONLY thing close to my own place would be collage and I don't have money for collage but I heard collage for living is free ( ? ) by the way I decided to get help in getting a job no one annoy me about " maybe you should get job " I just thought to myself " I need some things and I need a job so I will fill out some online apps. " but no luck so I went to a company that helps me getting a job and lucky I got one and its the same company that made me not get a job <_<

KaiserVadin

I know where your coming from mate... I've been in the same position as you, but it was my step-father who treated me like his slave..even after I moved out and lived on my own.....

It all depends on weather you an talk to them or not... I know my step-father was the way he was because he was a heartless prick with an attiude problem.. he'd call me all the names under the sun before threating to beat me...

It all depends on your folks... are they really being unreasonable? what are they making you do thats so bad?...

you need to talk to them and not bottle it up....or it's gonna end for you like it did for me..

Another story....
If he came over to your place and said " There is still dishes at home that needed to be done " I would be like " o_O lol ? " my only guess he is joking or he is so mentally confused he forgot you have your own place .

Dragon-lover

The Flame'n Aussie Dragon
If he came over to your place and said " There is still dishes at home that needed to be done " I would be like " o_O lol ? " my only guess he is joking or he is so mentally confused he forgot you have your own place .

It's more like when I visit there are dishes from the day before... that he wants me to do...

FacelessScribe

Chronicler of the Ages
Those small problems are not a good reason to disown your family. Yes it it a good reason to get your own place but not to disown. A real reason a when you tell your parents that you are furry,dating across racial boundaries and/or gay and they completely hate the idea and they distance themselves from you. That kind of hate or lack of understanding is what can drive parent away from child. That is a reason to disown, thankfully my folks are understanding of my tastes and stand by my decisions in my life.

KaiserVadin

It's more like when I visit there are dishes from the day before... that he wants me to do...
sounds like he is mentally confused because he is so used to you being there he forgot you have your own place.

mukichan

Chibi Chubbeh Draggie
I'm 21 and still live with my parents. Why? Cause I go to school full time, saving up for a car (cause I was in a car accident and I'm helping my family get OUT of debt.), trying to pass all my classes so I can get a better job... I'm pretty damn lucky that I don't have to pay rent. They feed me. They let me live there for free so long as I study hard, work hard, and help around the house.

Yes, I hate my parents too... But I've grown to tolerate it cause I'm not paying rent. There isn't much shit that I can do about it. And I've learned that since they're putting up with paying for extra food to feed my mouth, I should at least give up a few things and just live with it until I can afford to move out.

So, note to you... Don't complain. Just live with it.

Anbessa

my, what has happened to punctuation to finish a sentence instead of creating a thread of a sentence throughout the statement?

anyway, I'm 36, and due to a couple bad decisions in my past life I still have to live with my parents. I don't pay rent, and cooking, laundry, dishwashing and general cleaning is done. so, no complaining from my side. besides, the 'bitching' is usually justified and keep withing reasonable boundaries. but still I'd like to get out ASAP; unfortunatley, rents are obscenely high. and the pay... you know.
what I wnat to say is, stop complaining, rather think about what your parents do for you already, and try to see if you can't help around the house/household to ease down the pressure on you. if bringing out dirty dishes would help, I can't see why that would be that much of a problem... no, really. are they too heavy? pick your stuff up and put it into the dishwasher. that easy, really. and one less reason to be bitched at, too.

and, please; paying with your own money for bills with your name on it is The LEAST you can do. I don't think you expect your parents to pay them, too, do you?

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
See, I'm staying with my relatives right now who made it a point to let me know that I don't really owe them anything, tell me to help myself to the liquor, food, internet and TV and are actually giving me a lot of help finding work, and I still feel like I ought to be doing something to show my gratitude even though I chip in wherever I can (I'm going out in a little bit to buy a few packs of smokes for my uncle as a way of saying thanks)

Is my family just abnormal, a throwback to a bygone era? Was this ever normal? Or is it just a matter of me being abnormal for a 25 year old and all these people around my age group are the ones who've got it right?