• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I am very fustrated about something

ArtGirl205

Also a big fan of the Joker
I am never going to find that scary sound track from my childhood

Why? because I have no fucking way to tell if its from a film.. or a videogame.. and I highly doubt it's a classic music piece.

All I remember are just a few snippets of music.. very scary music like I said

the kind that reminds me that someone is trapped in a building with a dangerous creature or serial killer and you have no idea when they will appear and finish you.

The music was not awfully loud and there were just a few parts were the music

would make this dun dun dun sort of sound especially right at the very end with those sudden drum beats

the instruments right at the beginning were probably part of the brass section (and the music right at that part makes me think of the Jurassic park theme but more eerie

and there were some screeching or squeaking violins

I remember hearing at two parts in the music piece

When I was a kid the music feeled me with fear and yet I would gladly watch the whole thing

I even have a fond memory of watching the video I remember it from with a friend I had known for as long as can remember.

I remember tons of the pictures from the video all depicting scary and ugly creatures from the deepest parts of the ocean.. fittingly the video which dates back to 2006 no joke was called Creatures of the deep.. I even remember the thumbnail.

Another important thing on this long lost instrumental music is how the tone changes halfway through

it goes from scary and creepy and foreboding to somewhat more upbeat and like a classical melody.. and then right at the end.. some drums sound out.. about 7 loud jumpscare type beats I think.. and then it's over.

I tell myself repeatedly if I found this music again

I would be in a flood of happy tears not scared or worried

because It's something I have not heard since I was a little girl about 6 or 7 years old

and I'm 22 now.

Now I have tried every possible thing I could to track down the music or even hunt out the video.. and you know how many years I've been at this.. for precisely 15 years!

when the video first disappeared and I have

never given up hope that I would find it again one day

once I realised I my never find Creatures of the deep again

I thought the next best thing would be to find the music... too bad I don't the name or it's composer or whatever or what it's from!!

What pisses me off alot is the fact that deep sea fish videos from 2006 and 2007 are still on YouTube today! why are they still here?? but not the video I want!?.. oh and theres a video called creatures from the deep.. laaame.. and everytime I see that video I feel like I'm being mocked

I've been going to different sites to try ad find it

like Quora, Reddit.. and lost media wiki... so far nothing has helped!

the closest thing I could find to what I remember was Atmospheres by Gyorgy ligeti

it gave me alot of vibes of that music I want to find and some of the instruments sounded similar too. unfortunately I had hit a dead end..

not even 2001 a space odyssey that features Atmospheres contained the music I wanted

and neither did any other works by Gyorgy give me hope.

As you tell I am very fustrated and

want to give up on the search and not give up at the same time.

Are there any kind hearted people out there willing to help with my search?

because I am pretty much out of options!

ArtGirl205

I tried that sub reddit before
it wouldn't accept my post because it was a music related one
and music posts don't have the same requirements as other ones
so I couldn't find an easy way to talk about my fustration with wanting to track down that music

ArtGirl205

I tried that sub reddit before
it wouldn't accept my post because it was a music related one
and music posts don't have the same requirements as other ones
so I couldn't find an easy way to talk about my fustration with wanting to track down that music
but I guess I could try again and do it correctly this time

ArtGirl205

What you are describing sounds like APM library music off some old documentary (uploaded in 2006 maybe, but not made), which are almost always obscure as hell. The song you want wouldn't happen to be the second song on this album?
Fluxbender I swear if you have lead me to what I've been searching for
for so very long I will cry and cry many happy tears.
I'm listening to the video now.. while the second one doesn't give off the vibes or is the music
I have not given up hope as there is still 38 minutes to go of the video and even better is some of the music tracks are at the length most accurate to what I'm hunting for

Last edited:

ArtGirl205

Fluxbender I swear if you have lead me to what I've been searching for
for so very long I will cry and cry many happy tears.
I'm listening to the video now.. while the second one doesn't give off the vibes or is the music
I have not given up hope as there is still 38 minutes to go of the video and even better is some of the music tracks are at the length most accurate to what I'm hunting for
Okay.. turns out I hit another dead end sadly
but I did make a post here about the music that might be more helpful

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
Try the Skesis debate from Dark Crystal, Trevor Jones, (9:54, and about 14:24 below) as this OST score is used because he used drums to pull jump scares. It may be similar. If not quite, he pulls inspiration from darker Mozart and Beethoven. Open in youtube for a beakdown.

Hans Zimmer did a lot of scoring for natural settings and animal shows. He pulls from more 19-20th Century composers.

If classical, Carmine Burana: O Fortuna, Mozart's 5th symphony, or Les Carnavale de Animaux since most documentary productions and Youtubers use classical music due to open use.

Minerva_Minx

Hadyn also, maybe, if Die Worte de Erlosers.

Grimfang

This doesn't fit your description perfectly, but I did some searching around. It's a shot in the dark.
The description had "creatures of the deep" in it.

F

Fluxbender

Yeah everything but the second song (and the underwater theme) on that album does not match your description at all. There's still a good chance that the song you're looking for is in an APM library like Bruton Music, which had a couple horror and/or tension themed albums. I've scoured all the Bruton albums and I do recall hearing more songs there that could fit the bill.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArtGirl205

Yeah everything but the second song (and the underwater theme) on that album does not match your description at all. There's still a good chance that the song you're looking for is in an APM library like Bruton Music, which had a couple horror and/or tension themed albums. I've scoured all the Bruton albums and I do recall hearing more songs there that could fit the bill.
Ooh could you link some of them
Or tell me the titles
also the music went on for at least 18 or 20 something minutes

Last edited:
F

Fluxbender

Ooh could you link some of them
Or tell me the titles
Building Tension
Fear
House of Horror
Menace
String Tension

I think there are more than these but those are the 'horror/suspense' Bruton albums uploaded on YouTube. There's also the DeWolfe library but I have had trouble finding most of the music from that one.

(This is still assuming the video you saw was a documentary. If the song was from a video game that changes everything. A handful of video games I know of used APM music, but most have their own soundtracks.)

also the music went on for at least 18 or 20 something minutes
The song or the video I linked? Because that was a full album.

ArtGirl205

Building Tension
Fear
House of Horror
Menace
String Tension

I think there are more than these but those are the 'horror/suspense' Bruton albums uploaded on YouTube. There's also the DeWolfe library but I have had trouble finding most of the music from that one.

(This is still assuming the video you saw was a documentary. If the song was from a video game that changes everything. A handful of video games I know of used APM music, but most have their own soundtracks.)

The song or the video I linked? Because that was a full album.
I mean the music I remember
It was a fairly long YouTube slideshow with still photos and no video clips

F

Fluxbender

I mean the music I remember
It was a fairly long YouTube slideshow with still photos and no video clips
So it wasn't a documentary then? That's going to make this a lot harder. Too bad the video isn't around still because sometimes people will mention the name of the song in the comments section.

ArtGirl205

So it wasn't a documentary then? That's going to make this a lot harder. Too bad the video isn't around still because sometimes people will mention the name of the song in the comments section.
I keep getting the feeling its the score of a thriller or horror film from around the early 2000s

F

Fluxbender

I keep getting the feeling its the score of a thriller or horror film from around the early 2000s
It could be. But once I was convinced an unknown song was from a movie, and it turned out to be an 'Overclocked Remix' of a song from a video game (one I was familiar with even, but the remix was different enough that I didn't recognize it for years until someone pointed it out to me).

I would still check the APM music albums just to be sure, although having a 18-20 runtime makes me think your mystery song might actually be in the 'dark ambient' genre. Many of those songs are long and have horror themes. 2000s was a big time for dark ambient and there were lots of amateur videos with still photos featuring songs from up-and-coming artists.

L

LameFox

Outside of maybe learning to make music yourself and creating something like it in the hope people recognize it, I wouldn't have high hopes of finding something like this. Pre-Y2K there were so many obscure, bad movies which still got tolerable orchestral soundtracks. I know this cos I watched a lot of them on VHS as a kid in the 90s. If it really did come from one of those it doesn't so much narrow your options down as make them ridiculously expansive.

Minerva_Minx

this is a link to Danny Elfman's "Serenada Schizophrana". In 2006, it's possible you saw "IMAX - Deep Sea", and this is it's score. It would seem 20 minutes long, as he scores movies start to finish. I'm grasping, but to puta classical musician or composer using those styles, i still lack. Wagner created the "sting" or finishing hard sound. Transitioning to wind is definitive Bach and Beethoven for your darker tones.

Bing link:
Creatures of the Deep

ArtGirl205

this is a link to Danny Elfman's "Serenada Schizophrana". In 2006, it's possible you saw "IMAX - Deep Sea", and this is it's score. It would seem 20 minutes long, as he scores movies start to finish. I'm grasping, but to puta classical musician or composer using those styles, i still lack. Wagner created the "sting" or finishing hard sound. Transitioning to wind is definitive Bach and Beethoven for your darker tones.

Bing link:
Creatures of the Deep
I remember that it was a slideshow YouTube video that the music was on
Thanks for trying to help though
It had a very distinctive opening
Just a few trumpets or other brass section instruments going, bahhh bahh bahhh or dahh dahh dahhh
Before going into the high pitch screeching violins or whatever harsh sounding instrument was used and the music held an air of suspense or tension for quite a while before the peaceful classic like melody comes in

Minerva_Minx

You are decribing a glissando and stings. So I am kinda attempting to fingerprint a composer.
How close is Horvath Balazs' Dualith?

ArtGirl205

You are decribing a glissando and stings. So I am kinda attempting to fingerprint a composer.
How close is Horvath Balazs' Dualith?
The music is nice and has that tense feeling
But the vibes still aren't the same
One of the difficulties I'm having with the music I only recall bits and pieces of
Is properly identifying the instruments used
I do remember the final loud drum beats at the end which sort of came out of nowhere
And weren't all the same tone.

Last edited:
I know this pain all too well, there's a song I want to find but I can't remember any part of the actual song! All I can remember is that I listened to it a lot, and the music video has a man going down some stairs to an old-fashioned elevator that leads to a party. A dark woman is waiting for him with a big glowing ball, she lead him through the party, and a bunch of weird stuff happens. That's it.

I know you said you the video is gone, but I wanted to look through old "creatures of the deep" videos anyway, and I've found a lot of them with some crazy music like this and this which I quite like, lol

Also found this gem while scrolling through a channel with a few deep sea videos:
1657030472788.png

Anyway... Is there any chance it's The Well? It's the only horror song I can think of that came out around 2005. I think 4 minutes in matches your description a little, but I couldn't really imagine what you were describing, so I could be completely off the mark:

F

Fluxbender

If it really did come from one of those it doesn't so much narrow your options down as make them ridiculously expansive.
These are my exact thoughts if the song turns out to be dark ambient. There were several amateur compositions which were never logged onto Discogs that vanished into thin air (heck, I'm still looking for one myself, and I know the name of the author and the song!). 'Creatures of the Deep' may very well have been the name of the song or album, but if the artist decided to delete the video for any reason, that's it. Unless you had the sound file already, you're probably not seeing it again.

Inferndragon

Dragon Doodler with a Tail Snake
When you are going Dun Dun... I keep thinking of the classic jaws theme. These both have the Jurrassic park vibes too. And probably would be titled Creatures of the deep in some video you might have saw.