• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I ate part of a deer's shoulder last night...

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
Now if you ate the brain/testicles of said animals, that would be kinda interesting.

So... Mountain Oysters and head cheese? MO's are pretty good (the texture's takes getting used to, though...), head cheese is in my top five most god-awful things I've ever eaten (#3, actually, behind those eggs they bury for a year or more,and lutefisk. Oh gods, the lutefisk :mad: ).

Love deer in several forms, rabbit (hosenphepher is the greatest food ever made), etc. Weirdest thing I've ever eaten was track rabbit (aka roast tunnel rat)... not as bad as I thought it'd be, but not all that great. Too greasy, and not much meat on it.

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
So... Mountain Oysters and head cheese? MO's are pretty good (the texture's takes getting used to, though...), head cheese is in my top five most god-awful things I've ever eaten (#3, actually, behind those eggs they bury for a year or more,and lutefisk. Oh gods, the lutefisk :mad: ).

They still make that shit up there? Why?

moonchylde

I think they make it to feed to stupid tourists... like a Scandinavian version of the Arab game "let's see what Offendi will eat."

moonchylde

I'd like to try kangaroo meat.

If you're ever in Southern Ohio, you gotta stop in at Jungle Jims sometime. I once bought an un-skinned goat's head there, still had the horns and everything. If someone eats it, they sell it.

Not to mention that the beer aisle can bring a tear to the eye of any beer-lover... 1,200 different lables in one room. So beautiful...

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
If you're ever in Southern Ohio, you gotta stop in at Jungle Jims sometime. I once bought an un-skinned goat's head there, still had the horns and everything. If someone eats it, they sell it.

Not to mention that the beer aisle can bring a tear to the eye of any beer-lover... 1,200 different lables in one room. So beautiful...
Now thats a manly place to shop. add a plead jacket and condom section and I would never go anywhere else.

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented
You can find it online frozen.

I found a place here that sells kangaroo and other neat stuff.

They were out of the kangaroo when I went in, though.

I wonder if I can find out if they're servicing any restaurants in the Austin area. I'm pretty sure I'd screw up 'exotic' meats.

Holy shit!

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Deer tastes like really low-quality pot roast.