• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry

Dedskunk

The preview look promising, but here's to hoping that the story is respected as a triumph of character and not a triumph of ethnicity.
The wiki article even says shes African American yet shes white as a fucking sheet in the picture. They couldn't even wait til she was dead ether. Honestly, how are they able to get away with this?

D

Deleted member 82554

Why not laugh and cry, have the best of both worlds...

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Euh I'd rather not get on the inivitable path of destruction talking about ethnicity and touchy things, but in my honest opinion the movie should be more subtle about its message rather than being as bright as the sun in saying "here's thought provoking material about social issues because we're being hip and relevant.

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
The wiki article even says she's African-American yet she's white as a fucking sheet in the picture.
African-American is a catch-all to describe American citizens whose ancestors came directly from Africa. That happens to include those who may have interbred with Europeans and/or their American descendants.
They couldn't even wait til she was dead ether. Honestly, how are they able to get away with this?
Audie Murphy can one-up that - not only was he still alive when his autobiography was made into a film, but he starred in it as himself.
Euh I'd rather not get on the inevitable path of destruction talking about ethnicity and touchy things, but in my honest opinion the movie should be more subtle about its message rather than being as bright as the sun in saying "here's thought provoking material about social issues because we're being hip and relevant.
Agreed. Given the nature of this movie, I'd expect something along the lines of Men of Honor.

Last edited: