• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I feel like a ferret.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
My fursona has been a rabbit for a long time (and has been various other species for a while) but in my fantasies recently I've been a ferret anthro. I have a pet ferret and an obsession with the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the two have kind of converged.

In my daydreams I'm a ferret warrior of Asgard with a close relationship with Loki. We ferret warriors are a special legion, adept at infiltration and spreading panic amongst our enemies. My character is a bit of a weirdo (everyone thinks that it's because she's an albino) and doesn't really like fighting. She's in love with Loki and he has feelings for her. #MarySue

What should I do? Is the rabbit my true fursona or should I explore the ferret warrior of Asgard path?

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
What about

L O N G R A B B I T

In all seriousness though, explore! Do what you feel is right! And if you don't like it, no biggie, Back to rabbit!

One problem I have is that I can't draw ferrets. But that's what commissions are for, haha.

Is it normal for a fursona to exist within in pre established universe (in this case, Asgard as portrayed in the MCU)? Mostly I tend to imagine my characters as living basically in the real world and my life. I've never really role played a character in a world far removed from my own.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
One problem I have is that I can't draw ferrets. But that's what commissions are for, haha.

Is it normal for a fursona to exist within in pre established universe (in this case, Asgard as portrayed in the MCU)? Mostly I tend to imagine my characters as living basically in the real world and my life. I've never really role played a character in a world far removed from my own.

I don't think that's unnatural. They might have designed a world/lore for their sonas but I'm confident a lot of them also like to imagine their sona's in their current life situations.

Lumineer

Currently remaking my oc, tips are appreciated
You could have multiple fursonas! That's what I have. I couldn't decide so that's why I have 3 main fursonas and many different characters!

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
I know how it feels. I'm a striped yeen through and through, nothing fits me better, but gosh, I also madly love them antelopes! So I ended up having a "secondary" antelope fursona this way. And now I feel it's confusing to other furs online, to sometimes show as one and sometimes show as the other.