• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I fucking love JRPGs

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
I literally found zero redeeming qualities with the series. I played more than I really should have trying to see the appeal. Vesperia, Xillia, Berseria, Symphonia, Innocence, and Graces. Not one managed to be remotely enjoyable for me.
Have you tried Eternia or Legendia?

pinecones

Oh ho ho I feel that!
Granted I have little patience for turn-based combat but the combat isn't really what you play jjrpg's for. Earthbound has the best turn based combat I've come across.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Convinced Square Enix loves us
These SaGa remasters have been really good and this one having new content alongside just looking really good is awesome.
This confirms both Legend of Mana and Saga Frontier 2 getting a remake/remaster.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg

The world ends with you.
Best JRPG ever (on DS).
Fite me.

Note: I say on DS because it has been ported to mobile and switch, but the playstyles are different and while it's functional it's not nearly as fun or unique and some of the things characters say won't make sense.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
View attachment 95099

The world ends with you.
Best JRPG ever (on DS).
Fite me.

Note: I say on DS because it has been ported to mobile and switch, but the playstyles are different and while it's functional it's not nearly as fun or unique and some of the things characters say won't make sense.
CALLING
YOU HEAR THE
CALLING

Its definitely the most unique game I've ever played. I loved just how much you had to do and pay attention to constantly during fights, it was really fun. Joshua best boy

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Dragon Quest XI S
Okay, I didn't see this coming. But I'm happy to see it none other the less.
My favorites are Mega Man Battle Network, Dragon Quest
Again, I'm happy to see it none other the less.
I enjoyed EarthBound for like two playthroughs.
Terranigma did EarthBound's story infinitely better and pretty much every Square RPG ran laps around it mechanically.
You see, I think Earthbound is a good game, But people need to go out of their way and try out other stuff beyond "Nintendo brand games". You might just miss out a gem or too. Like for example; Breath of Fire II

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Question for all you JRPG fans, how do you feel about Sephiroth being in Smash?
I LOVE
I did not expect another FF character at all. Sephiroth was better than anything I could've predicted really, and I was kinda hoping if we got another Square character it would be Sora. But frankly edgeboi is cooler. Plus the trailer he was in was super fun

zandelux

I don't play Smash, so I don't care all that much. But I feel sorry for people who are sick to death of Sephiroth, because the fanboyism for him is pretty off the rails. And I say this as someone whose favorite game of all time is FF7.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
I NEED IT

Oh great. That game is coming back. -_-

In case you're wondering, I hate that game for my usual reasons. The end. I don't feel like explaining more.

Convinced Square Enix loves us
These SaGa remasters have been really good and this one having new content alongside just looking really good is awesome.

I do have fond memories of playing this game as a teenager. Sometimes I even find myself going back to this game. If they do plan on remastering the game, I'm hoping they include some of the cut content and balance out the Spells more. Time Magic is so overpowered and Space Magic is so underpowered.

In all honesty, it's not that I dislike jrpg video games , it's just that there aren't a lot of them that I can really attach myself to. I used to play suikoden a lot, but honestly oh, I like most people prefer the second game. Not just for its gameplay, but for its memorable characters. I hear suikoden is getting a spiritual successor, and it does look promising. I hope it has a good cast of characters, but the fact that one of the characters so far is an anthropomorphic wolf does fill me with a little hope.

You see, I think Earthbound is a good game, But people need to go out of their way and try out other stuff beyond "Nintendo brand games". You might just miss out a gem or too. Like for example; Breath of Fire II
Yeah, EarthBound was really style over substance. It's also not nearly as "dark" as Nintendo fans like to think. The same people who find EarthBound especially dark and disturbing probably also find Lavender Town's music scary.
Nintendo's gone harder.

I stand by it. Terranigma is the better game.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Like for example; Breath of Fire II
Talk to me about this game
I tried playing Breath of Fire 1 on the Switch's SNES lineup and it seemed really....repetitive. You spend sooooo long with just one single party member and you actually legit have to grind even in the very beginning just to make sure you don't get rekt. Plus, it actually seems beneficial to just fight til you die as a means of grinding.
Is Breath of Fire 2 that much better?

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
Question for all you JRPG fans, how do you feel about Sephiroth being in Smash?

It opens the door for more Sonic the Hedgehog characters, I guess. Honestly, as much as I like Final Fantasy 7, I didn't care about Cloud getting in and I don't care about sephiroth.

Incoming generic post about wanting classic Fire Emblem over the new style. I just want to go through a faster paced, linear progressing game. A straight tactics RPG. I don't want the bogged down dating sim, visual novel, Sim City, castle building crap. All that excessive shit just to get a minimal advantage. Using the character to kill something on the map was enough in the older entries.

"but story and deeper characters"

I literally have never needed to know about every single atom of a characters molecular make up to find depth in them. There's massively hard hitting moments in the GBA trilogy that only needed a few lines of well placed and well paced dialogue to achieve it. I'm not saying the new games are bad writing. It's just too fucking much of it. And so that I...can hit things harder? :l
I can do without the millions of character interactions you're forced to have these days. Less is more.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Yeah, EarthBound was really style over substance. It's also not nearly as "dark" as Nintendo fans like to think. The same people who find EarthBound especially dark and disturbing probably also find Lavender Town's music scary.
Nintendo's gone harder.

I stand by it. Terranigma is the better game.
EarthBound's dark moments were based off real life incidents (police brutality, cults, weirdo city folks .ect) But Dragon Quest V, Dragon Quest VI, Final Fantasy VI & Shin Megami Tensei blows it out of the water.
Talk to me about this game
I tried playing Breath of Fire 1 on the Switch's SNES lineup and it seemed really....repetitive. You spend sooooo long with just one single party member and you actually legit have to grind even in the very beginning just to make sure you don't get rekt. Plus, it actually seems beneficial to just fight til you die as a means of grinding.
Is Breath of Fire 2 that much better?
Use Gamefaqs, It can be beaten in 3 days maxed.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

LOCAL ZOOMER HAS GOOD TASTE.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
So I got Ni No Kuni 1 and Ni No Kuni 2 and:
Ni No Kuni 1 kinda sucks
Ni no Kuni 2 is pretty fun though!

Like Ni no Kuni 1's combat system feels really slow and the animations are stiff and don't feel good when you attack. The Pokemon mechanic I don't entirely understand the point of either, because at least when you're introduced to it you aren't given any real difference between the monsters you use to fight for you and yourself. Drippy is annoying too.
But 2? 2's combat is pretty fun and I like the fact that different weapons can have different qualities making collecting weapons fun. The opening is also really insane and so much more interesting than Ni no Kuni 1's "my mom died now lets go to an alternate world". In Ni no Kuni 2's first 5 minutes you play the president after the capitol gets nuked and transported to another world during the middle of a coup, and it kicks major butt. Its so exciting and nuts! I love it.