• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I got some awesome enamel pin commisions

I don't know how to remove the poll

• It's making me do this in order to submit help

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • why do I need a poll?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
At virtual furality (a VR furcon) I saw Deeribou's "booth" where they were advertising their custom enamel pins. They are Deeribou#4385 on Discord. I ended up getting 4 from them (3 of my characters and one for a friend of their Fursona). Deeribou was great to work with and went back and forth with me on the rough concept sketches and the illustrator file until they looked right to me. They also showed me a picture of the blanks and such so I could see progress. Here's how my pins turned out:

Here's the picture they sent that included my friend's pin:

Here's a picutre of the blanks that Dearibou showed me once they were made:

This is their website and the contact page has a few ways to reach them if you don't want to use Discord: https://borregopins.com/

Last edited:

Connor J. Coyote

The ¥oteƵer Extraordinaire
Hmm.... they look nice, don't get me wrong.... but, I'm not too sure that I'd shell out big bucks for something like these, if they're too expensive - (in all honesty).

So, I think for a lot of people - it'd probably depend on how much they *cost* also - versus how nice they look, as well..... because a small pin that may cost a lot - probably isn't really worth it for many people, (at least many people that I know anyway).

I don't see any prices listed for them - so, I can only guess - but, I imagine (given that they're all handmade) they're probably not cheap.

Kinare

RAWR
Dang, those are some snazzy pins. I bet they cost a pretty penny, no? Worth it though if you can show them off. If I was ever to go to a con or something, something like that might be a great way to show off my sona without getting a suit. (Can't see myself ever wanting to get a fursuit.)

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Hmm.... they look nice, don't get me wrong.... but, I'm not too sure that I'd shell out big bucks for something like these, if they're too expensive - (in all honesty).

So, I think for a lot of people - it'd probably depend on how much they *cost* also - versus how nice they look, as well..... because a small pin that may cost a lot - probably isn't really worth it for many people, (at least many people that I know anyway).

I don't see any prices listed for them - so, I can only guess - but, I imagine (given that they're all handmade) they're probably not cheap.
It's $30 for .5" $45 for 1" and $60 for 2". Complexity of the character or number of colors doesn't add to the price but it you want to add a fancy plating on the metal (gold/nickel as the default was brass like mine) or want glow in the dark paint or glitter paint that could be extra. Apparently 2+ characters on one pin is +$15.
So mine were $45 each except Druff (the wolf) who was $50 because parts of him glow in the dark.

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Dang, those are some snazzy pins. I bet they cost a pretty penny, no? Worth it though if you can show them off. If I was ever to go to a con or something, something like that might be a great way to show off my sona without getting a suit. (Can't see myself ever wanting to get a fursuit.)
Thanks : ) I do sometimes go to cons and am looking forward to them coming back eventually. : ) I responded with the pricing to Conor Coyote on the comment above.

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
Here's the pin of Drüff the Wüff glowing. My work friend sent the picture. I wanted the blue parts glowing like that because they do in VR Chat and Beat Sabre on the 3D model my friend made. I think this ended up really cool. Apparently Deeribou uses strontium aluminate for the glow paint.

druffGlow.jpg

Connor J. Coyote

The ¥oteƵer Extraordinaire
It's $30 for .5" $45 for 1" and $60 for 2". Complexity of the character or number of colors doesn't add to the price but it you want to add a fancy plating on the metal (gold/nickel as the default was brass like mine) or want glow in the dark paint or glitter paint that could be extra. Apparently 2+ characters on one pin is +$15.
So mine were $45 each except Druff (the wolf) who was $50 because parts of him glow in the dark.
Well - I guess the question of the price being worth it - is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. $90 is a bit steep - for two pins though IMO, (at least in our family's budget). But.... if you're happy with the product, then - hey..... good for you. :cool: