• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I hate Command and Conquer 4. I hate it. I HATE IT!!!

T

Tycho

EA sucks. That's all there is to it.

Excuse me while I enjoy my horribly old and outdated games.

mystery_penguin

Redline Movie Fanatic
This is why game companies need to make GOOD games while LISTENING to the player-base so that they will get LOYAL customers that DON'T pirate their crap.

~Valve ftw

T

Tewin Follow

This is why game companies need to make GOOD games while LISTENING to the player-base so that they will get LOYAL customers that DON'T pirate their crap.

~Valve ftw

Valve are my heroes.
They actually care.
And even /v/ respects them enough to completely rag on pirating.

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
I wish they made HL 2 episode 3 already... frankly, I couldn't care less about the bland, boring crap called Left 4 Dead.
I wasn't a L4D fan either (killing floor satisfies my zombie killin') and I find TF2 to be pretty overhyped.

But yes, they need to make Ep3 already. i fuckin' love the HL series even if I never finished 1 since it gives me a headache after awhile =[

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
I wasn't a L4D fan either (killing floor satisfies my zombie killin') and I find TF2 to be pretty overhyped.

L4D... I loved it at first, then I hated it for shoehorning you into a specific kind of gameplay, and now I love it again because it's actually rather fun if you're playing with three other people who aren't morons. If even one AI is present, however, you're not going to have any fun at all.

But yes. Killing Floor embodies pretty much the epitome of survival-horror. You can solo if you're good enough, the difficulty scales with the number of players, and it's a lot more strategic than L4D is. Then again, it's not anywhere nearly quite so polished, either. Buuuut, headshots are just so much more satisfying in Killing Floor.

I also loved TF2 at first, but they change the rules every other week, so it's kind of hard to keep up, especially if you've taken a break at all. So... I stay away from it.

But yeah, they've been pouring an awful lot of resources into those games and not into the final episode of Half-Life 2, which... Well... Actually, what if they have been working on HL2ep3 all this time, spit-shining it to a fine gloss?

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
L4D... I loved it at first, then I hated it for shoehorning you into a specific kind of gameplay, and now I love it again because it's actually rather fun if you're playing with three other people who aren't morons. If even one AI is present, however, you're not going to have any fun at all.

But yes. Killing Floor embodies pretty much the epitome of survival-horror. You can solo if you're good enough, the difficulty scales with the number of players, and it's a lot more strategic than L4D is. Then again, it's not anywhere nearly quite so polished, either. Buuuut, headshots are just so much more satisfying in Killing Floor.

I also loved TF2 at first, but they change the rules every other week, so it's kind of hard to keep up, especially if you've taken a break at all. So... I stay away from it.

But yeah, they've been pouring an awful lot of resources into those games and not into the final episode of Half-Life 2, which... Well... Actually, what if they have been working on HL2ep3 all this time, spit-shining it to a fine gloss?
If they've been working on Ep3 this entire time, then they must be gods at keeping info under the wraps. Is there even any info on it other than "We're making it" that has been released? o_O

Also now I wanna play KF. My RL friends and I used to play the shit outa it. I have never played a game that had more "OH FUCK!" moments than KF...

Runefox

Generals was... ... Decent. Renegade was... ... Decent. I can't really say either are a very good indicator of the direction of the series in general since they were both so different from the established formula (... Renegade for obvious reasons). I did enjoy Generals as its own game, but I don't feel it really lived up to its C&C name. That said, I also enjoyed C&C3 - Much moreso than I enjoyed Generals, in fact.

Scotty1700

is bored :V
What took you so long?

Command and Conquer died with Generals.

In fact, it probably died before that,

after Renegade?

False, nothing equated to the endless hours of gameplay that CnC 3 and RA3 gave. They were great games and even with their crappy new installment CnC will still live up to be the best RTS of all time (Even though the tib wars series ended at 4).

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
has been playing C&C4 with no problems
good thing I'm use to Dawn of War

Mikael Grizzly

Creepy Stalker
I like C&C4. It's fun, easy to get into and play, but hard to actually win and succeed. Plus, it has great balance and focuses on what should be the core focus of every C&C game: unit tactics and microing, rather than a contest of "who plops the barracks earlier and spams more infantry".

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
I like C&C4. It's fun, easy to get into and play, but hard to actually win and succeed. Plus, it has great balance and focuses on what should be the core focus of every C&C game: unit tactics and microing, rather than a contest of "who plops the barracks earlier and spams more infantry".
no more FUCKING "ZERG RUSH KEKEKEKE"
its now "RAPE, DESTROY, REPEAT"

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Except you always have a chance. Rape is subjective - get the proper counters and you can easily turn the tables.
been doing that alot too, I would send out the bad units while the enemy happily kill them off until they realize "hey retreating eh, I'll follow and destroy the crawler also" They reach the crawler, and found out they been tricked with my counters sitting there.

Runefox

Yeah, I hated unit spam. I always made one unit and got it fully upgraded only to have it sprayed by 30+ noob squads....

Unit spam is basically what C&C is all about, really. Tactics, position, etc never really came into play, so with a big enough swarm of the right type/mix of units usually prevails over all. In C&C3, NOD gets the Venom scout craft; Giving that a laser upgrade? 30 of them pretty much wipe a map. :D If they get destroyed? Make 30 more! you've probably got the resources, and the enemy is probably wondering where the hell half his shit went.

I remember when I was playing Tiberian Sun and my base got destroyed early on, but I still had an MCV (or maybe it was literally just a war factory) off in a corner somewhere. While the enemy focused on my ally (probably assuming I was turtling in their base), I spat out nothing but NOD buggies until there literally was nothing left to spend, and then I sent a horde of about... 200+ into the fray.

Nothing survived.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Unit spam is basically what C&C is all about, really. Tactics, position, etc never really came into play, so with a big enough swarm of the right type/mix of units usually prevails over all. In C&C3, NOD gets the Venom scout craft; Giving that a laser upgrade? 30 of them pretty much wipe a map. :D If they get destroyed? Make 30 more! you've probably got the resources, and the enemy is probably wondering where the hell half his shit went.

I remember when I was playing Tiberian Sun and my base got destroyed early on, but I still had an MCV (or maybe it was literally just a war factory) off in a corner somewhere. While the enemy focused on my ally (probably assuming I was turtling in their base), I spat out nothing but NOD buggies until there literally was nothing left to spend, and then I sent a horde of about... 200+ into the fray.

Nothing survived.

nothing scary when seeing a wall of nod Buggies, your only choice is to go down fighting like a MAN