• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I HATE when people who have many followers say they have none

Spicy Cheeto

Its my biggest pet peeve. I hate when people say “I barely have any followers” or “I have none” and I check on their fur affinity account and they have hundreds. I especially hate when people say this when they follow less users than their massive amounts of followers XD.

I’m not not trying to be mean, but be grateful. Be grateful you don’t have to follow way more people than you have as followers in hope that maybe somebody will visit your profile and give you that view. Be grateful for your hundreds of followers because out of those hundreds at least 20-30 people will be actively hitting the favorite button, viewing your art and even commenting.

This is coming from a person with 30 followers who follows 58 people and has 4 active followers in total. Hell, I love my 4 active followers and even my ghost followers (followers who follow me but have never looked at my art) XD. I’m very grateful I have them still.

I could understand a person complaining that they barely have followers if they have less than 100 while they are following massive amounts of people to gain their following with only a few active followers. Dude I totally understand that frustration. But when you literally have hundreds (nearly a thousand) followers when you barely follow anybody and you complain.....damn man. That just comes off as ungrateful to me. Many people would kill to be in your position including myself XD. You have hundreds of people freaking out about your art yet it’s like they don’t even exist to you.

I know my perspective is controversial and hopefully I didn’t offend anybody by saying this. I’ve just noticed a lot of people here complain about their follower count and the people who complain are the ones who have massive amounts of followers.

Water Draco

Next LondonFurs?? Please stay tuned
I don't attach any intrinsic value to numbers of followers.

If someone follows me on Twitter I will sometimes follow in kind once I have had opportunity to spend a bit of time review what they post and retweet themselves. There is some content I just don't want to see.

Forming and maintaining real life friendships is what is important.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
For those of us who aren't seeking to capitalise our art, I feel we should relax our attitudes and expectations towards getting watchers and favourites.

I have 1000 watchers, but having them doesn't bring me satisfaction. People following you doesn't really mean they have any greater interest than 'oooh *click*'.

Spicy Cheeto

For those of us who aren't seeking to capitalise our art, I feel we should relax our attitudes and expectations towards getting watchers and favourites.

I have 1000 watchers, but having them doesn't bring me satisfaction. People following you doesn't really mean they have any greater interest than 'oooh *click*'.

It’s the people who want more and more when they already have it is what bothers me specifically. It’s something I can’t wrap my head around because I don’t understand the point of complaining about not having followers when they have hundreds. It’s difficult to explain.

Spicy Cheeto

I don't attach any intrinsic value to numbers of followers.

If someone follows me on Twitter I will sometimes follow in kind once I have had opportunity to spend a bit of time review what they post and retweet themselves. There is some content I just don't want to see.

Forming and maintaining real life friendships is what is important.

Yes! I actually talked to someone recently and they were wondering why they didn’t get commissions. They thought it was because they didn’t have enough followers but in reality they had LOTS. What they didn’t realize is that even with a lot of followers, that didn’t guarantee commissions. You have to make a connection with your audience or at least, make a connection with your active followers.

Fallowfox

It’s the people who want more and more when they already have it is what bothers me specifically. It’s something I can’t wrap my head around because I don’t understand the point of complaining about not having followers when they have hundreds. It’s difficult to explain.

No matter how successful you feel about your number of watchers, there's always somebody else who has more and you ask yourself 'well, if that's the bar for success, I'm not actually doing that well am I?'.

Spicy Cheeto

No matter how successful you feel about your number of watchers, there's always somebody else who has more and you ask yourself 'well, if that's the bar for success, I'm not actually doing that well am I?'.

I think that is just due to human nature. People can be greedy. They say money can’t buy happiness. People will still want more and more of it even if their financial needs are met. You could compare this with followers as well. I think that is what bothers me as well.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

One can be popular with ten-thousand watchers, and still be a bonehead. ;)

One can have millions of followers but suffer the misfortune of being Kim Kardashian.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I don’t care much at all about getting watches.

I’ll take a single comment on the art I submit over a hundred “watches” or “favorites” any day. Means much more to me if they take the time out of their day to say something about it then just clicking an “I approve of this” button.

Spicy Cheeto

I don’t care much at all about getting watches.

I’ll take a single comment on the art I submit over a hundred “watches” or “favorites” any day. Means much more to me if they take the time out of their day to say something about it then just clicking an “I approve of this” button.

When people actually comment I feel like it means they actually like your art. Perhaps that’s why you see so many of these people complaining. They may have a lot of followers but they lack actual feedback.

I think that is not so serious. People subscribe to someone simply because they are interested in the work of this person. And that's all. They will not be serious about this, and indeed if a person is subscribed to many artists, he will not even notice at all if someone does not publish drawings for the whole month. About active subscribers I will say what is meant by the word “activity”, a person will not necessarily like your drawings, he will simply look at them. Some people may treat likes like brushing their teeth in the morning. It may sound ridiculous, but there are even people who subscribe and like someone just for the reason that they’ve also get this, it’s kind of called etiquette on the Internet, although I call it idiocy.

Spicy Cheeto

I think that is not so serious. People subscribe to someone simply because they are interested in the work of this person. And that's all. They will not be serious about this, and indeed if a person is subscribed to many artists, he will not even notice at all if someone does not publish drawings for the whole month. About active subscribers I will say what is meant by the word “activity”, a person will not necessarily like your drawings, he will simply look at them. Some people may treat likes like brushing their teeth in the morning. It may sound ridiculous, but there are even people who subscribe and like someone just for the reason that they’ve also get this, it’s kind of called etiquette on the Internet, although I call it idiocy.

My whole point of this post was that I thought it was kind of stupid for people with lots of followers to complain that they have none when they actually have a lot of them. It was a rant mainly because I’m tired of hearing lies like that XD. For example, If someone have a lot of followers, they don’t have none. That was the meaning of this post.

Activity level doesn’t really relate to the initial post but I’ll do my best to answer it. I agree, followers don’t equal activity level. I could understand if they were complaining about that. But, what I am talking about specifically are the people who over exaggerate and say they have no followers when they do. It just comes off as lying for me personally. Followers don’t matter but I don’t like when people lie and over exaggerate like that. Rubs me the wrong way. That’s why it’s a pet peeve of mine.

Fallowfox

My whole point of this post was that I thought it was kind of stupid for people with lots of followers to complain that they have none when they actually have a lot of them. It was a rant mainly because I’m tired of hearing lies like that XD. For example, If someone have a lot of followers, they don’t have none. That was the meaning of this post.

Activity level doesn’t really relate to the initial post but I’ll do my best to answer it. I agree, followers don’t equal activity level. I could understand if they were complaining about that. But, what I am talking about specifically are the people who over exaggerate and say they have no followers when they do. It just comes off as lying for me personally. Followers don’t matter but I don’t like when people lie and over exaggerate like that. Rubs me the wrong way. That’s why it’s a pet peeve of mine.

To be fair they're not going to make posts like 'I have loads of followers, but I want more MAWR,'. ;D

But maybe they should, at least it would be hilarious.

But nevertheless you touched on this topic, only touched it, but I grabbed it. Well, about the meaning of the thread, I will say that if a person is given what he wants, he will want more and more of it,this is a feature of the human psyche

Spicy Cheeto

But nevertheless you touched on this topic, only touched it, but I grabbed it. Well, about the meaning of the thread, I will say that if a person is given what he wants, he will want more and more of it,this is a feature of the human psyche

Yeah you grabbed it so well that I had to take the time and really think about it before I answered which was why I gave you that warning “Activity level doesn’t relate to the initial post but I’ll do my best to answer it” XD. I usually give a warning similar to that when there’s a topic that wasn’t talked about originally in the post that I may not be well informed on before I answer it.

I think you may be right. Human beings are selfish in nature. To be honest, so are animals. I was feeding my cats this morning and all of a sudden one cat steals the other cats food when he himself had a bowl full of food. I thought to myself, “Why is this cat an asshole” and “What makes this cat do this”? Because he is selfish like many other animals.