• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I have a question (a serious question!)

hypr

I bought a commission of someone a few months ago (January) and I haven't received the drawing and he hasn't uploaded anything but has uploaded other commissions after mine what should I do???

Kaji Ryuuko

Email him, ask him about the status of the commission. He may be stuck on some part of it. Just, don't be crass or rude when you are asking about it.

Poink

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If you used paypal to pay him, maybe you can mail paypal to make him give you back your money.

hypr

I won't be, but lets say he thought I was causing problems and whatnot, and blocked me from chatting with him AIM, YIM and MSN as well as comment blocking me for no reason. And he still has my money. I feel ripped off.

hypr

Poink said:
If you used paypal to pay him, maybe you can mail paypal to make him give you back your money.

(I am lagging) Yea I used paypal for the money, I still have record of payment from back in January. The commission thing here of course isn't like eBay where you can report one who doesn't pull through at the time allotted like would getting an admin involved be possible or not?

Well, yeah, if he's not talking to you, and refuses to give you your art, then you SHOULD feel ripped off.

Best thing to do, IMO, is to email, and if you don't get a response within a week, get paypal to do a refund.

And if you didn't use paypal, you were scammed, it would seem.

hypr

I used paypal, but the problem is I think he may have blocked my email as well. I could get in touch with paypal and see what they could do despite it being close to six months.

Hrmm....

if he did indeed block your email aswell, then I bet that it was a scam from the beginning.

My advise, contact paypal ASAP.

hypr

He is still on FA, and his credibility was severely damaged last week if you know what I mean, (if you don't lets talk in PM.)

Janglur

If he refuses to return contact, complete the comission, or provide a refund..

Report him on the LJ community. Something like Artists Beware. I almost never go there, only once, so.. yeah.
Basically is like a warning service for users against deadbeat artists. Of which there are surprisingly many.

Poink

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Janglur said:

Report him on the LJ community. Something like Artists Beware. I almost never go there, only once, so.. yeah.
Basically is like a warning service for users against deadbeat artists. Of which there are surprisingly many.

Awesome idea
But- seem like the artist did all his comissions but not yours
maybe he hates you or something ?

hypr

yea he freaked out at me thinking I was using him, wanted stuff from him and was guilt tripping him.

Janglur

Poink said:
Janglur said:

Awesome idea
But- seem like the artist did all his comissions but not yours
maybe he hates you or something ?

I've only had one deadbeat artist experience. Sadly, they screwed me royally. I even sold their CDs for a time as a fundraiser.
Six comissions, $200, and 14 months later, i've never received a sketch, a dollar, or even a news update until this month. Where I was asked if I wanted my comission INCOMPLETE, AND JUST A SKETCH. After 14 months of waiting, and constant excuses they couldn't even send to me personally.
And this after a $2400 fundraising campaign for them.

Needless to say, my faith in artists was SHATTERED from that.

hypr

Whats the name of the LJ group?

hypr

Thanks I will make good use of this.