• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I have a question about this new Nazi rules

dim35

I do mystery / detective / crime stories based on Private Eyes from the 1940's & 1950's. With this new rule, would I be prohibited from having a villain wearing a Nazi symbol?

I just want to make it clear that I am fine with whatever the answer is. I just want to know so I know how to develop my stories.

D

Domjoe414

I doubt it. Nazi as villain is a stock trope (and objectively true). Now, if the nazis were the hero, then there might be an issue.
Gotta admit though, i'd be extremely curious as to how anyone could portray a real nazi as anything near heroic. seems like an impossible task to me lol

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I've seen recent reports of Anti-Nazi imagery being banned from FA proper.
I'd avoid it for now.

Or keep it in and stir the pot a little. Might make a change for good around here.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
I'd keep it in. If it fits the character then what is the problem? I don't understand why people are getting super offended about it again. Sure! It's an icon from a horrific regime that inflicted suffering on a terrifying scale. Three quarters of a century ago, most of those personally effected have passed on. And sure. Folks use it for their bullshit racist views today.

Fearing the icon just makes it more powerful.
I am not saying we should wave it around to desensitize it. But we shouldn't have these stupid kneejerk reactions to historical fact. It exists. Deal with it.

Disclaimer: I do not support any political views. Just so folks are aware. XP I am neutral!

TheCynicalViet

I don't want to make a thread on this so I'm hoping that someone here can answer me: I have a character that comes from the far East. He has a manji (or for you westerners, a swastika) which is a symbol found in Buddhism and it's symbolic for his character growth. So to keep it short, will I get in trouble for using my cultures swastika just as if I had used the Nazi Swastika (Hakenkreuz) or am I gonna have to edit it out whenever I post his art here or FA?

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I do mystery / detective / crime stories based on Private Eyes from the 1940's & 1950's. With this new rule, would I be prohibited from having a villain wearing a Nazi symbol?

I just want to make it clear that I am fine with whatever the answer is. I just want to know so I know how to develop my stories.
I don't know what the format of the stories you are writing is, but you probably would be describing the Nazi symbol via text anyway, so you should be in the clear.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I don't want to make a thread on this so I'm hoping that someone here can answer me: I have a character that comes from the far East. He has a manji (or for you westerners, a swastika) which is a symbol found in Buddhism and it's symbolic for his character growth. So to keep it short, will I get in trouble for using my cultures swastika just as if I had used the Nazi Swastika (Hakenkreuz) or am I gonna have to edit it out whenever I post his art here or FA?
I sure hope you wouldn't.
Considering the manji is generally placed in different locations and even oriented differently (on a side instead of an angle and inverted direction) but some people might still have a problem with it.
I know a lot of stuff from Japan that come into the US that use the manji tend to have them taken out during localization but I wish that wasn't the case.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
I am pretty sure it is also used in another culture as the symbol of luck or rebirth. Only it goes in the opposite direction. Fact is, the Nazi's reappropriated it from another place and tainted it. Pretty much all their iconography is borrowed or redone Prussian/Teutonic symbols anyway.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned

I wouldn't post it since there's been art taken down of someone actually ripping up a Nazi flag. Can send over DM's. Don't want to get in trouble for posting "nazi imagery" even though somehow nazi uniforms are still allowed up.

D

Domjoe414

I wouldn't post it since there's been art taken down of someone actually ripping up a Nazi flag. Can send over DM's. Don't want to get in trouble for posting "nazi imagery" even though somehow nazi uniforms are still allowed up.
Nazi uniforms as in grey coats and military gear, or as in red armbands?

quoting_mungo

Filing a trouble ticket under Question About Site Policy is probably going to be more expedient than posting on the forum, and would allow you to go into more detail if necessary. :)

D

Domjoe414

Full nazi attire. But because it didn't have an explicit swastika or SS symbol, it was fine.
Huh. I mean, the uniforms are kinda generic for military uniforms. But i haven't seen the pics, so I don't really know what the ones you're reffering to look like

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Huh. I mean, the uniforms are kinda generic for military uniforms. But i haven't seen the pics, so I don't really know what the ones you're reffering to look like
I've learned one thing from getting banned on these forums and it's callouts. Don't want to go through that again. Btw it wasn't generic. Had the german falcons and everything but the swastika.

D

Domjoe414

I've learned one thing from getting banned on these forums and it's callouts. Don't want to go through that again. Btw it wasn't generic. Had the german falcons and everything but the swastika.
Oh yeah I guess that's not really generic. only other uniform like that is WWI German. But what're callouts?

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Oh yeah I guess that's not really generic. only other uniform like that is WWI German. But what're callouts?
The dead give away that it is a nazi uniform is the nazi weaponry along with all the other details. And oh a callout is when you specifically mention a person when the outcome probably won't be a good one for the other party. So if I posted the artist's name or person who owns the character it would be considered a callout since it would probably lead to people having a bad view of them.

D

Domjoe414

The dead give away that it is a nazi uniform is the nazi weaponry along with all the other details. And oh a callout is when you specifically mention a person when the outcome probably won't be a good one for the other party. So if I posted the artist's name or person who owns the character it would be considered a callout since it would probably lead to people having a bad view of them.
Oh I see. thanks for the clarification. And yeah, i forgot about the weaponry. i guess that would confirm it.

Night.Claw

"2.7 Do not identify with or promote hate groups and their ideologies

A hate group is one that advocates and practices hatred, hostility, or violence towards members of a designated sector of society (e.g. Nazism, KKK, ISIS). Symbols specifically associated with these groups will not be permitted in user avatars, non-fictional content, or content intended solely to disrupt the community.

Users who identify with or promote hate groups and their ideologies may be permanently banned from Fur Affinity without warning."

I suppose this is the rule in question.

Reading and trying understand it better, for me, it states that being part of such groups, and supporting their ideas aren't allowed. Such as their symbols and such being portrayed and art/writing etc supporting the idea of these groups.
If the writing states, that the person who is part of that idea is purely a villain, so they plan on harming others, i think it's against that idea, and not patronizing it.

I would say showing parts of it is fine, since sadly that's part of our culture, something to learn from, how humans can go in the wrong way, but try not to show it as acceptable idea.

But that's just my opinion. I can be wrong here.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
"2.7 Do not identify with or promote hate groups and their ideologies

A hate group is one that advocates and practices hatred, hostility, or violence towards members of a designated sector of society (e.g. Nazism, KKK, ISIS). Symbols specifically associated with these groups will not be permitted in user avatars, non-fictional content, or content intended solely to disrupt the community.

Users who identify with or promote hate groups and their ideologies may be permanently banned from Fur Affinity without warning."

I suppose this is the rule in question.

Reading and trying understand it better, for me, it states that being part of such groups, and supporting their ideas aren't allowed. Such as their symbols and such being portrayed and art/writing etc supporting the idea of these groups.
If the writing states, that the person who is part of that idea is purely a villain, so they plan on harming others, i think it's against that idea, and not patronizing it.

I would say showing parts of it is fine, since sadly that's part of our culture, something to learn from, how humans can go in the wrong way, but try not to show it as acceptable idea.

But that's just my opinion. I can be wrong here.
Here's from the main site, not the forums.

2.12 Content Involving Real Hate Groups or Terrorist Organizations
Content which displays imagery, language, or rhetoric associated with real world hate groups (e.g. Nazism, ISIS, KKK), terrorists, mass murderers, or serial killers is prohibited.

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
Here's from the main site, not the forums.

2.12 Content Involving Real Hate Groups or Terrorist Organizations
Content which displays imagery, language, or rhetoric associated with real world hate groups (e.g. Nazism, ISIS, KKK), terrorists, mass murderers, or serial killers is prohibited.
Okay so what of the furry raiders? They use thematically of Nazis to include armbands with a swastika replaced by a black paw print and are what are more commonly known as nazi furs.
Like if there is a removal of imagery of destroying the icon where does that put them?

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Okay so what of the furry raiders? They use thematically of Nazis to include armbands with a swastika replaced by a black paw print and are what are more commonly known as nazi furs.
Like if there is a removal of imagery of destroying the icon where does that put them?
I believe the furry raiders have been banned but I am unsure.

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
I believe the furry raiders have been banned but I am unsure.
That’s good then though still see their imagery here and there which is why I ask.

EDIT:
Ah scratch nah it was just straight nazi themed not fury raiders was just seeing some older images when doing a search to see how the nazi content that has either not been reported or somehow made it past review.

Last edited:

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
That’s good then though still see their imagery here and there which is why I ask.

EDIT:
Ah scratch nah it was just straight nazi themed not fury raiders was just seeing some older images when doing a search to see how the nazi content that has either not been reported or somehow made it past review.
Best thing you can do is report whatever you see. But judging by my experience don't expect any miracles