• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I have options for a sona, but can't decide on which

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
To briefly summarize myself as a person: I'm a 27 year old guy who, short hairy and somewhat husky, with a love for the mountains and forests and pretty reserved and intense in the personality department. Very deadpan. I've got a strong liking of bara aesthetics as well. I've got some ideas:

-A cryptid, maybe a modified sasquatch/bigfoot type.

-Some sort of primate, I particularly love gorillas but my thing with them is the head shape. Chimps are great too but maybe I could modify the big ears that I don't like?

-A pig/boar: I just think it's very bara-adjecent and I live and grew up in the South so it feels local to me, and they feel very hedonistic and unashamed if that makes sense.

-A bat: I love flying foxes, one of my favorite animals, I just worry wings could be cumbersome and it'll definitely be the hardest of these to learn how to draw as well as attract others who are into bara aesthetics. There's just something about a sharply dressed anthropomorphic flying fox that speaks to my spooky side of my soul but how would it look with a bit of musclefat?

A lot of pros and cons with each I struggle to weigh.

Last edited:

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
What about a boarcsquatch? Part boar, part Orc, part sasquatch? Can I do that?

And maybe make an alternate dark and mysterious flying fox persona?

Since I am torn, why can't my identity be? Maybe they can be the same persona if the flying fox is some sort of werewolf type thing where the former becomes the latter on a full moon or some other condition?

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
From your initial description, I immediately thought "Grizzly bear." I don't know if that helps but I wonder if you'd thought of that. Bears are pretty awesome.

Hikarty

I agree with person above, maybe bear, but also boar sounds very cool and fitting I think? maybe an hybrid?
Or a cryptid-animal hybrid too, sounds like a fun concept and you can go wild with it!

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
I have an idea of a two-sided sona actually. The boarcsquach will be my daytime sona named Hogo and at night he becomes Ogoh the were-bat.

The idea can be that Hogo needs to do the physical things during the day like eat and sleep and work while Ogoh has to socialize during the night and be a sort of positive energy vampire, he needs to be around people in order to absorb social energy.

You could totally do a gorilla and alter the head shape-- especially since it's anthro. There's no hard rule about your species lining up perfectly with its animal form! Sasquatch would also work in this regard-- it could basically be a gorilla with any anatomical changes you'd want to make if you aren't enjoying "editing" a gorilla.

Otherwise, your personality description made me instantly think of a sled dog, or a saint bernard. Mountainous kinds of hardworking dogs. I think you could also consider moose for that tough but elegant sort of vibe!

Breyo

Professional Nibbler
What about a boarcsquatch? Part boar, part Orc, part sasquatch? Can I do that?

And maybe make an alternate dark and mysterious flying fox persona?

Since I am torn, why can't my identity be? Maybe they can be the same persona if the flying fox is some sort of werewolf type thing where the former becomes the latter on a full moon or some other condition?
The great thing about making a sona is that you can pretty much do anything you darn well please lol. People make hybrids into their fursonas, so it's not unheard of if you wanted to use that boarcsquatch idea of yours.

If you don't want to, though, there's a few species that'd probably fit you. I was thinking (like some of the others above) maybe a bear of some sort. Moose, beaver, or the boar that you mentioned could also fit quite well. In the end, your sona is your own, so it's your decision :D

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
Well I got a commission happening so I'm excited to share what's been figured out once it's done, night and day forms and hybrid galore, very excited. Will post results in here when they are finished!