• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I just found someone's life a box today.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
Today, i was exploring an abandoned house with my friends. As we were leaving, we found a briefcase on the front porch that was smashed in. upon further investigation, i found it was a document box full of this guy's most important shit. there's a diary, and piles and piles of hundreds of letters and documents and important papers like this guy's daughter's social security card.

I don't know how much i want to post of this online, but what should i do about it FAF? the stories and things going on in these make me feel somewhat uncomfortable looking these people up to return their papers.

L

LizardKing

Are there any dates? How old is it?

And any idea how long it has been abandoned?

T

Tycho

Today, i was exploring an abandoned house with my friends. As we were leaving, we found a briefcase on the front porch that was smashed in. upon further investigation, i found it was a document box full of this guy's most important shit. there's a diary, and piles and piles of hundreds of letters and documents and important papers like this guy's daughter's social security card.

I don't know how much i want to post of this online, but what should i do about it FAF? the stories and things going on in these make me feel somewhat uncomfortable looking these people up to return their papers.

Any neighbors in the area? If so, ask them about the house and who lived in it (don't tell them about the briefcase right away or anything). I forget who you are supposed to contact if you find a lost SSN card or whatever.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
Are there any dates? How old is it?

And any idea how long it has been abandoned?

it all takes place between 1977-1983, as far as i know.

I DEMAND TO KNOW HOW OLD IT IS.

I dunno, maybe you should keep it. Especially if there's any dark secrets in there. >>

JUST SAID

and i dunno man, there's stuff about a meth addict and prostitution and letters from a guy in jail and stalking and all kinds of crazy shit.

L

LizardKing

it all takes place between 1977-1983, as far as i know.

Goddamn, that shit's older than I am. I'm amazed it could've been there so long.

Any love letters or whatever? If it's just documentation it probably wont be missed.

supernipple

That's awesome! you should take it to the police, but you should read it all first. :p At least, that's what I would do.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
I agree to at least try to contact any old neighbors to find out who lived there from the time period you specified. If that doesn't work, then I think you should just be able to root through it.

Paul'o'fox

amica mea Musica
Are they dead? You found a haunted house I think.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
Pull an Irvine Welsh.

Compile it up, change the names, and publish it as your own original material.

CASH FLOW, BBY.

Vibgyor

WORK NOT DONE
This sounds like the beginning of a slasher movie.

HARLEY WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T GO BACK TO THE HOUSE!

sounds more like the beginning of a crime drama, not a slasher to me. still, that's pretty crazy.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
Goddamn, that shit's older than I am. I'm amazed it could've been there so long.

Any love letters or whatever? If it's just documentation it probably wont be missed.

There's actually a bunch of love letters. The guy who the box belongs to was in jail for a while wrote love letters back and forth to the girl that most of the stuff is about. For the sake of making things easier, i'll explain some of it. i don't want to go too in depth because i feel that's rude. Buttt, david is the guy that i think the box belonged to. David had a kid named melissa, and he was in love with a girl named denise who ended up becoming a prostitute and a drug addict (you think of the drug, she did it. seriously.). There's a BUNCH of letters between denise and a guy named danny who was in jail for pot charges, and then in the front of the diary it says the name carl, which i THOUGHT was who it belonged to, but there's no further mention of his name throughout any of the papers.

What she said. Get that thing off your hands tout de suite.

Well, i don't know that it poses much of a threat to me because the house had been abandoned for a long time, and the only neighbor to it that's close enough to see anything is my friend's house, and i THINK they own the property now. I might be wrong though.

Are they dead? You found a haunted house I think.

No, not that i know of. What supposedly happened was that this guy had a son who accidentally set the house on fire playing with candles, but through all the documentation there is NO mention of a son at all. there's a daughter, but that's it. there's a few names that pop up in some of the papers, but no mention of a son. I am somewhat lead to believe that the fire may have been intentional, because apparently the guy who lived there comes over sometimes to pull paneling off the side of the house. (he seems to have mental problems from what i've gathered, and i think he was dyslexic if the atrocious spelling and grammar weren't caused by mental troubles). No one is dead as far as i know of.

If anyone is interested, i will compile a list of everything in there. i'm going to work on logging everything before i even think of turning it in or what.

Dr. Durr

Misses The Point Frequently
There's actually a bunch of love letters. The guy who the box belongs to was in jail for a while wrote love letters back and forth to the girl that most of the stuff is about. For the sake of making things easier, i'll explain some of it. i don't want to go too in depth because i feel that's rude. Buttt, david is the guy that i think the box belonged to. David had a kid named melissa, and he was in love with a girl named denise who ended up becoming a prostitute and a drug addict (you think of the drug, she did it. seriously.). There's a BUNCH of letters between denise and a guy named danny who was in jail for pot charges, and then in the front of the diary it says the name carl, which i THOUGHT was who it belonged to, but there's no further mention of his name throughout any of the papers.

Well, i don't know that it poses much of a threat to me because the house had been abandoned for a long time, and the only neighbor to it that's close enough to see anything is my friend's house, and i THINK they own the property now. I might be wrong though.

No, not that i know of. What supposedly happened was that this guy had a son who accidentally set the house on fire playing with candles, but through all the documentation there is NO mention of a son at all. there's a daughter, but that's it. there's a few names that pop up in some of the papers, but no mention of a son. I am somewhat lead to believe that the fire may have been intentional, because apparently the guy who lived there comes over sometimes to pull paneling off the side of the house. (he seems to have mental problems from what i've gathered, and i think he was dyslexic if the atrocious spelling and grammar weren't caused by mental troubles). No one is dead as far as i know of.

If anyone is interested, i will compile a list of everything in there. i'm going to work on logging everything before i even think of turning it in or what.

This sounds more like a creepypasta starting.....
....brb.

Last edited:

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
It could be the lack of sleep talking, but this seriously sounds like one of those horror films where the person who found the weird documents ends up in pieces halfway through the movie.

Don't post ANYTHING about this stuff. Leave it alone, take it to the police, and stop talking about it. Plausible deniability is your friend.