• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I need Head.

RageDragon

So, I'm an average seamstres-- Seamdude. yeah, dude. When it comes to that aspect of fursuit creation I have no fears. My problem is while I am an average sculptor I have never made a full head before.

Now I am not a fursuiter. I don't enjoy fursuiting unless I'm doing it for a promotion, event, or what have you. I consider myself a mascot.

Why point this out? Well, the head I'm making is part of a partial suit I'm going to make for a local Fire department. This head needs to be adjustable so that it can fit heads smaller than mine a workable jaw is wanted but not required and the overall costume is designed to be worn with bunker gear which the squad already has.

any suggestions?

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Reword the title?

Squiggles

Will 'Yiff' for food.
Think that was intentional on his part. Gets more viewers that way.

Haha, guess I fell for it too. I'm such a whore.
picture.php

ludicrousy

loves some trail mix
You could always commission somebody else to make one. I make fursuits- but I'm pretty new to it. (You can check my gallery)
Some people charge very little for just a head. ^-^ Try to find some great deals! Looking for a toony or realistic head?

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Best thread title evar.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
I think we all could use some head OP. Can't get enough.

RageDragon

You could always commission somebody else to make one. I make fursuits- but I'm pretty new to it. (You can check my gallery)
Some people charge very little for just a head. ^-^ Try to find some great deals! Looking for a toony or realistic head?

Toony is what I'm thinking since it is for a mascot. Thing is I'm kind of wanting to do this myself because I have a lot of time to kill at my school some days and our Instructor is really cool about encouraging art projects and anything he considers "Cosmetic."

Chex

¯\(º_o)/¯
I'd say the easiest way to make it able to fit other sizes of heads is to get the largest measurement you can and work from that. If it needs to be smaller for anyone else, you could always carve a piece (or pieces, if there are other head sizes, too) of foam to insert into it that would make it more fitted.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
If I ever go mad enough to make a fursuit I will show how to sculpt a head. I have made some things for costumes and such before, Buuuuuuuuuuuuut I am not a fan of fursuits.

Riyeko

Hai Thar.
Just adjust the back part of the fursuit head to be adjustable with velcro?

Uhm.. make straps or something on the inside, in the front that would hold several sized heads comfortably (kind of like those construction hats)??