• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I need help fixing my Sona

Spitfire110

Bersaglieri
Hello there, I'm making this currently because I need ideas and opinions. My character is a shark, atleast hes supposed to be...

I designed him and got a commission of him about 2 years ago and at first I liked him, and thought he was unique. Sadly I've fallen out of love with his design, especially his head for the most part.
www.furaffinity.net: Outdated Ref by Spitfire110
(If you browse my page NSFW warning.)
This is really his only current reference sheet. Theres more of him on my page if you want to look. There used to be a couple other pics of him but I deleted them cause they were terrible and they made me sad. I wish I had just had him made like a normal shark, but now I don't know what to do or change to fix him. Not to mention I wasted 200 dollars on a failed ref sheet that didn't fix anything about him.

I'd like to hear some opinions maybe, or ideas on how to make him look nice, and not like a weird misshapen reptile.

I guess that artist was just good at their job. I've gotten several commissions where his head is just far too round, and ugly.
I see. Well it's very unfortunate that you spent all that money on a look that no longer appeals to you but at least now you know what style is the right one, trial and error and all. Just as a confirmation, would this www.furaffinity.net: Dapper Riptide! by Riptideshark type of shark head design be more your speed?

Spitfire110

Bersaglieri
I see. Well it's very unfortunate that you spent all that money on a look that no longer appeals to you but at least now you know what style is the right one, trial and error and all. Just as a confirmation, would this www.furaffinity.net: Dapper Riptide! by Riptideshark type of shark head design be more your speed?

Yeah things similar to that. The classic anthro shark. I don't know why I didn't just go with that in the first place.

Yeah things similar to that. The classic anthro shark. I don't know why I didn't just go with that in the first place.
Eh it's cool, it's always quite the endeavour nailing down one's own 'sona's proper look. I for one always appreciate to see anything that ISN'T a canine or feline so props for that. Sharks are pretty tits, especially military sharks

Faexie

Rara for short :)
Maybe a shark fin style mohawk could look good? And since artists drawing the face too round bothers you, maybe giving him more angular traits would work?

Miigo

I understand the issue and how difficult it is to fix,, I do agree that perhaps the head should be less round and "pointier" , so maybe fixing that would be a good start. I guess another fix worth a shot could be trying how the oc looks with a tiny bit smaller or different shaped eyes. Good luck !! I like the design of your oc a lot !!