• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I need help genderqueer maybe?

Vær

Mr. Prickles
I'm sad.. That we'll forever look straight and manly...

Right?! =w= I want to be pretty enough to be able to make straight men double-take. ÔwÕ

Not that I don't already. :v

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
I've worn skirts and girl's jackets before. I'm male though. XD

My dad and brother didn't like it, but fuck em. I just do as I please. I really hate how male culture is and I have a hard time getting along with males irl...but I still identify as one. I'm just a really fabulous one. I can appreciate genderqueers though as they are trying to break free of a certain gender stereotype.

Gator

Uncledaddy
Essentially it is like transexuals, however unlike them feeling constantly in the wrong gender our genders switch and change around. Somedays I'll go with a deep desire to be female other days I am fine being male then some days we'll experience both genders conflicting at the same time. It's not a case of "I wanna play dress up" but more of a way of easing the pain.

correct me if i'm wrong but the genderqueer part is the "not feeling male or female" part, while feeling like different things at different times is genderfluid.

right?

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Genderqueer is kind of a more blanket term in the trans* community and a lot of people use it to describe different things. I think generally speaking though genderqueer is used to describe non-binary people.
Don't transgender undergo psychiatric evaluation to see that they won't regret the change? I'm not an expert of this subject.

Depends on where you are but yeah, some states/countries make you go through gender therapy before you can get certain things (i.e. hormones, surgery,etc.)

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I find kittens and baby fluffy things adorable and some flowers cool despite being a male, does that mean im genderqueer :V

Kosdu

Labels like this can be more trouble than they're worth. Just be you.

Some people need labels to help discover themselves, but yes - be you.

I thought I was genderfluid awhile ago, but it turns out I'm just me. Don't really assosciate as male or female, because my personal culture doesn't really include those concepts (gender, not sex of course).

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
I'm guessing Chuchi is like this also.
Welcome back. c:

I wear what's comfortable, regardless of what sex the target audience is.
That being said, I dress up girly, or masculine, all the same. In my opinion, I don't wear girly things too well, but that's most likely because I'm chubby and have steep self-esteem issues.
I prefer suits, rather than dresses though. I like suits. They make me feel powerful. I oddly don't feel as self-conscious in a suit.
I regret not keeping mine when I moved to Finland.

OT, I agree that this issue goes deeper than just wanting to wear clothes targeted towards the opposite gender.
I don't know much more than surface research, and I've not experienced such things myself. I was fortunate enough (and I say that with a sneer, all other things considered) to have grown up in a house that didn't really care if I was tomboy and dressed that way. In fact, my younger sister looked like a boy and was mistaken for one for years and there was never an issue of 'where girlier clothing' or 'act more like a girl'.
As others have said, dress and express yourself the way you want to, the way you are comfortable with. Don't try to live your life adhering to the expectations of others.
You only get one kick at the cat, might as well do it in heels, if that's what makes you happy.

I do have some quirks that might be a little bit "queer", but I know who I am and that I don't exactly pass that threshold.

I've pretty much accepted that I'm bi-romantic, but my lack of desire to have a sexual relationship with another woman prevents me from exploring that a bit more (plus I'm already taken and I'm not polyamorous)

I guess the closest thing I do to genderqueer is that I cross-dress. Not really hardcore crossdressing because I don't try to contain my lady parts or anything, but I do enjoy "playing dress-up" as some have put it in this thread. I do it because I can, and I like to, and I like the way I look when I do it. I still feel 100% female.

I don't think that stuff like that ^ really qualifies someone as being genderqueer. I'm not really sure if that's the case with OP but if it sounds a bit familiar then I would re-assess before needlessly "coming out" as it might only complicate things.

Bladeofdawn

Thanks guys ^~^ been getting into a it if a fight with my mom because she wishes I wore more girl clothing and would be more interested in dressing like one then dressing like a guy would...

Astrium

King of the Noodles
Cis-male here: I would totally wear a skirt (not like a miniskirt but the kind that reaches my ankles) if I could get away with it. Those things are comfy as shit. Much better than pants. The point of me saying this being that you should just do what you want, OP. Fuck what everyone else thinks.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Cis-male here: I would totally wear a skirt (not like a miniskirt but the kind that reaches my ankles) if I could get away with it. Those things are comfy as shit. Much better than pants. The point of me saying this being that you should just do what you want, OP. Fuck what everyone else thinks.

Perhaps you have some Scottish in your blood. :V

Astrium

King of the Noodles
Perhaps you have some Scottish in your blood. :V

I'm directly descended from King Duncan, remember? I have the blood of Scottish kings​ in me.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
I'm directly descended from King Duncan, remember? I have the blood of Scottish kings​ in me.

I thought that was you. I see Duncan is calling you back to your roots. lol ;3

Astrium

King of the Noodles
I thought that was you. I see Duncan is calling you back to your roots. lol ;3

Good, now bow down. (And while you're down there, I have something else you can take care of...)

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Good, now bow down. (And while you're down there, I have something else you can take care of...)

LOL. My father's family actually was a Scottish one that served a noble house. But I ain't no shoe shiner :V

Tchelline

Well if you ask Tumblr, it will say that there are as many genders as stars in our galaxy, but if you ask to a doctor or just anybody with relatively decent education, their answer will be 2: male and female.

Oh but of course, everyone got the right to feel themselves as special snowflakes.