• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I need help making my character a character

NorthernStorm

King Emperor of stealing your girl
Ok hopefully made this thread correctly, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyway if I did then if you haven't already guessed I need a bit of help trying to make my character an actual character and not something an edgy 14 year old would think of one day. I already have art made of him, it's just the back story and personality traits that I need help with. I'm not much of a writer so I could really use anyone to talk to about this.

ExtinguishedHope

I lost my sock
Well, first you need to consider where and when the story will take place. (Is it a medival setting? Modern times?) That'll help get some ideas started. And for the personality, try thinking of traits you like, or possibly fleshing out your character like you- or opposite of you as a start.

NorthernStorm

King Emperor of stealing your girl
Well, first you need to consider where and when the story will take place. (Is it a medival setting? Modern times?) That'll help get some ideas started. And for the personality, try thinking of traits you like, or possibly fleshing out your character like you- or opposite of you as a start.
Alright I can do that

Alpine

The best Renault
you should define some personality traits for your character. The easiest way is to model your character after you, but other ways exist (like emphasizing a certain trait, or making them the opposite of you or someone you know personality wise).

Once the personality has been defined, making a back story as to why the character is the way he or she is becomes easier.

Physical appearance can come at any point, but you may find it easier to define personality and some abilities of your character first.