• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

i need help my family life is s**t and im in a bording school also s**t furry is the

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Re: i need help my family life is s**t and im in a bording school also s**t furry is

parents don't like trans-racial fursona

I'm sorry, a what now

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Re: i need help my family life is s**t and im in a bording school also s**t furry is

Darryl, out of curiosity, do your parents dislike your trans-racial fursona because he's trans-racial, or because he's furry, or both?

And, do you think they're uncomfortable because they're racist, or because they're concerned you're racist because you're "appropriating" elements of another culture?

Last edited:

Noelle Snow

OP, I kind of went through a s**ty phase myself at age 15 too. My mother passed away and I was sent to a boarding school because I had nowhere else to go (my father was awol). What really helped what me was the talks I had with the school counselor. She was very nice and very understanding. I'm not gonna lie and say my life was miraculously better in a session or two. It takes time and will to get better. Maybe you should give it a try? It won't hurt. It's they're job to help you.

And like someone said, a few years later later, maybe you'll look back and miss those years. I kinda miss my teenage years. S**t and all.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist

I'm flattered and gratified by your endorsement of my profession, Noelle Snow. Smooches gracias ;).

You're right that it can take time for things to improve, but in the meantime, it helps to have someone to talk to, bounce ideas off of, and seek counsel from. A good counselor can also be impartial and objective in a way your teachers, parents, and classmates can't always be.

Last edited:

Fuzzle

Two scoops of Fuzz

Find Joy where you can, but don't be dependent on it. I'm sure "furries" are a thing you clung too when things around you became alienating, but don't allow it to become an obsession or an emotional hinge. Open up to friends, find comfort in others, find your strengths. You seem young, so I think the cliched "It will get better" is very fitting in the situation you described.