• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I need some help, or some advice.

Dearg

The often grumpy but friendly fox
I'm at a bit of a gap starting with my fursuit head. I'm very new at this and I'm not very good when it comes to proportions, and I'm afraid to cut any foam at the moment. I'm also wondering if I sewed the elastic on my balaclava right?
IMG_0159.jpeg
( I sewed this on by hand, double threaded blanket stitch... not recommended >_<)

I've read tutorials that you should draw a template first. and I think I have a basic idea of what I want. What should I do next? Is there a specific way that I'm supposed to cut the foam? Can I just cut out blocks and stick them on the mask and then carve out the shapes I want? I think I just answered my own question on that part =P. Tell me what you think, and maybe give a tip or say hey, maybe you should try this or this.
fursuit head basic template.jpeg

LordMoonBiscuit

The harbinger of donuts
The elastic looks good. as long as it's around your chin and can move comfortably without slipping, you're good

So far your foamwork looks good. Obviously very early, but still good for the very beginning. just be careful adding the lower jaw and make sure it attaches well to the elastic. I'd say you're on the right track

Dearg

The often grumpy but friendly fox
The elastic looks good. as long as it's around your chin and can move comfortably without slipping, you're good

So far your foamwork looks good. Obviously very early, but still good for the very beginning. just be careful adding the lower jaw and make sure it attaches well to the elastic. I'd say you're on the right track
Ah Thank you :)