• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I need to learn how to fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get-dancing

Righteho then.
It was drawing the end of the day at 6th period and we where packing up after ourselfs. When Tim came over to me and asked "You alright Gavin?" So I awnsered friendily "Yup." And he respounded "You wont be when Im done with you after school."
So trying to egnore what he said the bell went and I was walking to the bus line with my chums. Then Tim took a shot at me from behind and dived on me. But luckily John ran over, picked him off me, banged him up against the wall and told him to take a hike.
John helped me get up and explained to me that Im WAY bigger than Tim and a hell of alot stronger. And if he does it again then I should just punch him in the face cause he'd probably just run off crying.

Sounds all well apart from the fact I was raised from an early age that inflitcing harm on a fellow human is bad. But I cant just keep on cowering away from those who start on me. Especialy seeing as Im becomming a man.

So yeah, advice would be apreceated.

W

Wiegraff

put your body momentum into the punch.

and try to avoid getting sucker punched from behind and all that (if possible)

nobuyuki

estrogen gum for your friend Tim

O

Option7

Just go with your most primal insticts, and dont jab. hooks tend to be a lot more powerful.

And I know what you mean about finding it hard to fight back. I was raised the same way. You just need to force yourself to throw it all out the window and go with it.

I also suggest trying to catch him on the side of his bottom jaw, that should sort him.

XeNoX

ask yourself "What would Jesus do?"
that will earn you some advantage since your opponent will be baffled

Get-dancing

Wow, this is (mostly) quite good advice. I was expecting you all to be like "Tusk-tusk! By resorting to violence you are showing what an imature little basterd you are and that is why you will feel the force of my BAN HAMMER!"

DavidN

Get yourself some self-defence lessons, if only to boost your confidence that you can defend yourself (though make sure that you don't suddenly think you're Superman because of it). That's the advice that I was always given at that age. Not that I ever took it.

Grimfang

Of course, fighting is "bad". But you aren't picking fights. Don't show any consideration for this other punk if he's messing with you. This is self-defense.

It's tough, cus I was in similar situations in school and I never fought. But, if you have strength and size over this guy, just get real pissed off. Don't go crazy, swinging wildly..

Another big thing is intimidation. If you can get yourself looking like a menace, or give yourself an appearance of confidence, you may be able to create doubts in the other guy's mind. People don't fight as well if they're doubting or second guessing their chances.

Just be careful you don't get in trouble.. in my old high school, I was told that if I told my counselor that someone may try to pick a fight with me, I wouldn't be in as much trouble. But they never help... I always got the "There's nothing we can do, unless you'd like us to talk with him"

..all that would do is piss the guy off.. :

Ok, I'm gonna stop rambling, heh. Best of luck with whatever happens.

DarkMeW

Take some Judo lessons. That way you won't have to actually fight them you could just repel the attacks until they either fall and hurt themselves or they just give up. (It's actually a rather amusing way to deal with hostile people.)

Selunca

Tell a parent, teacher, or the princable that your being psyically beaten, and the other child in question will get suspended if not expelled. Problem solved.

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
Cheap shots work wonders when you're physically out matched.

:]

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
Selunca said:
Tell a parent, teacher, or the princable that your being psyically beaten, and the other child in question will get suspended if not expelled. Problem solved.

THANK YOU!!!

I'm seeing all of these wonderful posts about self-defense and how to beat the crap out of someone, but I honestly don't think that's the best thing to do in this situation. I spent more than enough time in detention/at the principle's office in grade school because of getting into fights when I should have just told the teacher what was going on.

It takes a lot to knock the other guy out, but it takes even more to be responsible.

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
verix said:
I dunno man, fighting isn't very Christian. Ask yourself: What Would Jesus Do?

Cast Magic Missile and melt his face?

Magica

Fatty Furfag Weeaboo
Hanazawa said:
Selunca said:

THANK YOU!!!

I'm seeing all of these wonderful posts about self-defense and how to beat the crap out of someone, but I honestly don't think that's the best thing to do in this situation. I spent more than enough time in detention/at the principle's office in grade school because of getting into fights when I should have just told the teacher what was going on.

It takes a lot to knock the other guy out, but it takes even more to be responsible.

Hmmm yes. Sometimes when you get into a fight you're at fault instead of the one who started it. I also go for the tell a parent/counselor/teacher/etc.

Hopefully you have counselors that aren't the "oh.. just ignore it and they'll leave you alone..." type. I never believed in that.

Grimfang

Telling a teacher/principal/etc could work, but I always got the "We'll keep an eye on this possible problem" response...

That would definitely be a good first option though.. sorry if I sounded to encouraging for raising arms and duking it out... :

Moon-Baby

Transitional Lifeform
Kick to the crotch.

It always works, unless they're female. Even then, that would hurt.

Screw honor and showboating in a fight. Fight to win, and end it as quick as possible.

Magica

Fatty Furfag Weeaboo
Grimfang said:
Telling a teacher/principal/etc could work, but I always got the "We'll keep an eye on this possible problem" response...

Yeah, and usually they give the kid a slap on the wrist and tell him/her not to do it again and leave you alone. Then a day or so later it's "now you're really going to get it, squealer," or something stupid like that.

Some teachers or whatever nowadays, even the playground guards, don't do shit, sadly. Least not while I was in school.

Greyblade

Fighting is bad, but so is being a punching bag. That's what I learned.

I took Karate when I was right around your age, and it helped a lot. I didn't take it far, but enough stuck for me to defend myself.

You haven't seen funny until you see a 120 pound highschooler floor a 300 pound one without moving two feet. >.>

Seras

Watch tons of Walker Texas Ranger or take martial arts class... Tae Boe doesn't work FYI

Growly

Seras said:
Watch tons of Walker Texas Ranger or take martial arts class... Tae Boe  doesn't work FYI

Nor does Tae Kwon Do, that one's completely for show.
Lots of fancy high kicks and stuff that looks cool, but makes the opponent really vunerable.

O

Option7

That's not entirely true. Some of them are pretty quick and effective. A friend of mine does tae kwon do, we used to do these sparring competitions back in summer, and you'd be surprised how much power you get in a flick of your leg.
Although yes, some of the moves do leave your entire body from about the chest downwards completley exposed.

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
Tae Kwon Do isn't something you'd take for self defence.

'Least I didn't.
I take it for the flashiness.

But still, the sparring helps you /somewhat/ in actual fighting.
It's just not as effective as some other martial arts are. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.