• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I need to learn how to fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobuyuki

story.tucker.carlson.jpg

tae bo backwards is bow tie

Seras

I'm a yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do, also have had close combat training (with knife and without), and some other junk my friend used to teach me.

Intimidation usually works, sometimes violence is needed but let them take the first shot. You could tell people like your parents or teachers but you'll only get yourself into a hoop with other people. The guy will think you're scared of him and try harder and you may loose friends who are embarassed that you went to 'the authorities'. Seriously, if it was something like a gun, I'd say tell the teachers. If he was threatening to kill you, I might suggest telling the teachers. But if he just wants to fight or intimidate you, you should be able to work the matter out yourself. This guy just sounds like someone trying to prove something and you looked like an easy target.

E

Epsereth

Moon-Baby said:
Kick to the crotch.

It always works, unless they're female. Even then, that would hurt.

Dude, Moon-Baby - I've been kicked in the crotch before, and I can assure you: while we don't have a package to protect and the pain doesn't last as long, there are just as many nerves there for chicks and it hurts pretty damn bad. It dropped me to the ground real quick, that's for damn sure. :X

Get-dancing

Hanazawa said:
Selunca said:
Tell a parent, teacher, or the princable that your being psyically beaten, and the other child in question will get suspended if not expelled. Problem solved.

THANK YOU!!!

I'm seeing all of these wonderful posts about self-defense and how to beat the crap out of someone, but I honestly don't think that's the best thing to do in this situation. I spent more than enough time in detention/at the principle's office in grade school because of getting into fights when I should have just told the teacher what was going on.

It takes a lot to knock the other guy out, but it takes even more to be responsible.

So when Im in my college years and Im out at a bar with my chums and drunk guy sitting near me looses it and pins me down with a broken
bottle to my neck what am I gonna do?! Run off and get mommy?

Im becomming a very young man. I need to learn to take of myself.
Besides even if I get in a fight with him again and I fight back and get my ass kicked I'll still teach him if hes gonna fuck around with me again he'll have to go through all the hastle of getting in a serious fight.

Get-dancing said:
Hanazawa said:
Selunca said:
Tell a parent, teacher, or the princable that your being psyically beaten, and the other child in question will get suspended if not expelled. Problem solved.

THANK YOU!!!

I'm seeing all of these wonderful posts about self-defense and how to beat the crap out of someone, but I honestly don't think that's the best thing to do in this situation. I spent more than enough time in detention/at the principle's office in grade school because of getting into fights when I should have just told the teacher what was going on.

It takes a lot to knock the other guy out, but it takes even more to be responsible.

So when Im in my college years and Im out at a bar with my chums and drunk guy sitting near me looses it and pins me down with a broken
bottle to my neck what am I gonna do?! Run off and get mommy?

Im becomming a very young man. I need to learn to take of myself.
Besides even if I get in a fight with him again and I fight back and get my ass kicked I'll still teach him if hes gonna fuck around with me again he'll have to go through all the hastle of getting in a serious fight.

Depending on how close the bottle is you could grab his wrist and push it to the side with one hand, hit him with an open hand in the nose with the other. He wont be able to see to do anything else. If it's too close you'd have to wait for an advantage or risk slicing your throat open... Ya, I know it wasn't meant to be answered.

O

Option7

Seras said:
also have had close combat training (with knife and without), and some other junk my friend used to teach me.

That's pretty cool. I'd love to know how to use a knife effectively. There's gotta be more to it than *stab stab stab*

Xax

Oh my god, this thread explains SO MUCH about the fandom.

"So I am being picked on in school; I need to learn how to fight"

(insert a page of fighting tips)

"Um maybe you should try to contact an authority figure and/or use non-violent force"

"No way I don't want to grow to be a wimp"

yeah, uh, good job there.

Grimfang

Xax said:

"Um maybe you should try to contact an authority figure and/or use non-violent force"

hehehe... can't argue with Xax on this.

Grimfang said:
Xax said:

hehehe... can't argue with Xax on this.

I think I missed the point?

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
If you are in a bullshit schoolyard bully situation, you should avoid it, because it's by definition bullshit and if you allow it to escalate you will be held just as responsible as the other guy.

A bar-room fight where your life is actually in danger? Guess what, you have adrenaline and a brain stem. You'll either instinctively know what to do, or Darwin will have his day.

Furthermore, the latter situation is what self defense is meant for. Unexpected moments, walking down the street at night and getting mugged or something. Any self-respecting martial arts instructor will tell you that their practice is NOT for handling bullies at school.

XeNoX

Hanazawa said:
A bar-room fight where your life is actually in danger? Guess what, you have adrenaline and a brain stem. You'll either instinctively know what to do, or Darwin will have his day.

So does this mean if he get's punched, and his son get's punched, they will eventually evolve holes in their faces?

Grimfang

XeNoX said:
Hanazawa said:

So does this mean if he get's punched, and his son get's punched, they will eventually evolve holes in their faces?

Somehow, I think she was talking about 'survival of the fittest' with the darwin reference. >_>

Alchera

Get-dancing said:
Righteho then.
It was drawing the end of the day at 6th period and we where packing up after ourselfs. When Tim came over to me and asked "You alright Gavin?" So I awnsered friendily "Yup." And he respounded "You wont be when Im done with you after school."
So trying to egnore what he said the bell went and I was walking to the bus line with my chums. Then Tim took a shot at me from behind and dived on me. But luckily John ran over, picked him off me, banged him up against the wall and told him to take a hike.
John helped me get up and explained to me that Im WAY bigger than Tim and a hell of alot stronger. And if he does it again then I should just punch him in the face cause he'd probably just run off crying.

Sounds all well apart from the fact I was raised from an early age that inflitcing harm on a fellow human is bad. But I cant just keep on cowering away from those who start on me. Especialy seeing as Im becomming a man.

So yeah, advice would be apreceated.

Well, you should try to avoid physical conflict as much as you can, but when you're assaulted by another--this is another story. If people like Tim take cheap shots at you like that and you have a chance to defend yourself, then defend yourself. As others said, momentum against your opponent is a good thing. I'll tell you some others --

In fights like this, people make the mistake of going for the face first. Instead, go for the stomach because it will catch them off guard, take the wind out of them and then you can give them a nice sock in the face and send the pissant off crying.

Another advantage play would be to pin the little bastard down. It is very hard to fight off someone if you're pinned--however, this position would put you at risk for being labeled as the one who began the fight because it so happens being on top is the "dominant" position and thus regarded as the one who started it.

If the bastard gets really out of control, don't hesitate to kick him between the legs. Seriously, people say that's a low manuever, but its a very helpful one. (Hey, he put himself in risk by doing such a low ambush on you. In a fight like this, anything goes. This isn't about honor here.)

Get some self-defense classes as well. Learning about pressure points is a good thing ;)

foxkun

Bullies are a hard situation. And, being that this is, after all, a furry forum, think about it. It's a dominance issue. You said you're bigger than him, right? Then he's trying to show off his manhood by being the dominant of a larger fellow. And noteably he's probably picking on your because you're not in the "in" crowd or something like that - ie he's got issues with himself and he's taking them out on you. So you need to show him that you're not to be messed with. There's a few ways for that:

1. Telling authority - both a good and a bad idea, and unfortunately in school it's the moral thing to do but not necessarily the most effective. If you think he's going to continue this, then I'd at least make a note of it so that someone with authority at least knows about it, even if they don't do anything you can play the, "I told you so" card if it's a repeat occurence.

2. Don't do anything. This can be a viable option in certain circumstances. For example, I never got into a physical fight - I got the teasing remarks. And since I did not react to their cajolling, they left me alone because I wasn't fun anymore. But this is more of a physical rather than voiced problem, so just letting someone beat on you... not the best choice, ya? Although if you can take the hits in a spectacular fashion (there are martial arts specifically for that), then they would leave you alone because they simply couldn't do anything to you.

3. Get them before they get you. To be used only in extreme circumstances, not good for school because you're the one that'll be at fault, not them. And then you'll get tagged as a bully as well. Forget this one.

4. The testosterone tactic. Puff up, look like you're going to stomp him to the floor, hell, scream in his face if he threatens you may even be a good call. The important part is to have something to throw him the hell off and show that you are in fact more dominant than him. Most school fighting is a dominance issue, and if you treat it as such then it may not come to blows. But if it does, be sure you can follow through.

Pressure points are easy to find on the internet, you've already got some good examples of where to hit. You should probably learn to take a blow if you haven't already, it'll make it less scary for you if you come into that situation, which will boost your confidence in it. Make a game out of it with your friends would be fun too - get some cushions or something and beat the crap out of each other - it's fun!

The problem with school fighting is that in alot of cases the authorities will not side with the attacked. They figure if they don't punish you then you'll get more of it from the bully, or that you did something to cause the fight in the first place. In fact, they won't side with anyone for sheer "nothing we can do about it" factor.

As far as the bar fight situation... what would you be doing to piss someone off to the point that they wanna threaten you with a broken bottle??

kyubi_youma

fox with too many worries
like i said many a time on here i never had to fight in highschool just present yourself in a never wavering confidence and dont give them an advantage and you should be fine

Surgat

Where is your mod now?
XeNoX said:

No. That's Lamarckism.

ive gotten into several fights, heres some hints.

If some one warns you like that, watch out and be ready. Unless their the type that blows smoke all the time.

Once they do get on top of you like that, do what ever it takes to get out. If they hang on your back when you get up and he's strangling you, fall back on a wall.

Throw your stuff in his,(unless you have valuables), and use the split second he's occupied with that to give him a nice kick to the chest or a good shove to knock him down.

Usually after you knock them down they give up, but if they don't, improvise.
People like that WON'T fight fair so don't be afraid to use a weapon to defend yourself.
Near by trash cans, broom sticks, and what ever else you can find will do fine.

Use you surroundings, knowing you "battleground" is essential.

And remember, keep a defensive stand point. If they back off and you continue to attack you are now on the offensive, that makes you no better than the attacker and you can get into trouble.

Just remember those things and you'll do fine. Son far I've gotten into NO trouble when fighting with the random type (or the absolute dickheads). Those kinda people are just looking for trouble and aren't looking to take it too far, that's the one thing to remember.

ps. If its a gang fight (which it probably isn't but still), surround you self with as many homies as possible and carry a chain in your pocket. (kidding:D)

XeNoX

Surgat said:
XeNoX said:
No. That's Lamarckism.
:wink: This was a humerous alteration of one particular existing quote
(I know a thing or two about this stuff you know ^^)

Ulfhednar

I've been in my share of fights. You want to hit vital points first. Most school yard ass start by throwing their arms down and presenting their face. Good for you, bad for them. Go for the throat, just grab and throw him down, stomp his head and bam, hes unconcious. Or if you want to prolong it and really set an example, get a hard knock at his nose and make sure you put your weight into it. Twist your waist when you punch, it adds alot of power. He won't go down as fast and it'll stun him and give you time to get a few more blows in.

Knee caps are also very vulnerable, especially if you can kick. Eye gouging, groin kicks are classic and effective. Also, remember, you have elbows and teeth, use them if needed.

The school yard might as well be a jungle. Have to earn respect if the bastards are too stupid to know common courtesy. Now, I'm not saying go pick fights to earn respect. That only makes you a bully. But when struck, don't let it go. In the words of Anton LaVey "He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog". Because unless you show that you are a force to contend with, it will continue. Trust me, I've been there.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Hanazawa said:
Selunca said:

THANK YOU!!!

It also takes alot of effort to get the school off their arses to freakin' do anything (which in the end will barely be a slap on the wrist).
If the guy was from out-of-school they'll jump on it, if it's In-school they'll do bloody jack shit.

Being 'responsible' doesn't always get the right answer either. Crack the guy in the jaw next time and he should learn his lesson, tell on him and he'll just want to smash you more.

Cozmo

No one really fights me anymore since about 2 years ago a guy 3 years older then me was bugging the hell out of me so I tould him to fuck off , then we started fighting (with words) then he said he fight me the next day (with fists). After school the next day i was cycling along the back way because that was where we were supposed to fight. He was waiting at the back gate with a load of his "freinds" now this guy had been bugging and hiting me for the last year and I was so fucking sick of it i took out a BB gun (unloaded , I had no intenntion to shoot him , just scare him) and suck it in his face (it was a pistol one). I started saying stuff like Ill blow your fucking face in if you dont fucking leave me alone eventulay he cried , i mean he cried alot , in front of his freinds. Serves that bastard right. He's not in my school anymore anyway. Thats bascailly the first time iv gone overboard on someone like that.

Cozmo said:
No one really fights me anymore since about 2 years ago a guy 3 years older then me was bugging the hell out of me so I tould him to fuck off , then we started fighting (with words) then he said he fight me the next day (with fists). After school the next day i was cycling along the back way because that was where we were supposed to fight. He was waiting at the back gate with a load of his "freinds" now this guy had been bugging and hiting me for the last year and I was so fucking sick of it i took out a BB gun (unloaded , I had no intenntion to shoot him , just scare him) and suck it in his face (it was a pistol one). I started saying stuff like Ill blow your fucking face in if you dont fucking leave me alone eventulay he cried , i mean he cried alot , in front of his freinds. Serves that bastard right. He's not in my school anymore anyway. Thats bascailly the first time iv gone overboard on someone like that.

HAHA*covers mouth* I really know I shouldn't be laughing...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.