• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I posted a rare Virtual Boy display kit on eBay

AshleyAshes

Arcade Snowmew Of Doom
I don't really expect anyone from here to bid on it, it's apparently rare enough that it should bring in some decent money. I found a concluded eBay auction from 2011 for the same kit, minus AC adaptor, in unknown working order, for $765, so I imagine this should at least be comparable. But why not post it? It's a cool piece of gaming history and it's sale should get some attention.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nintendo-Vir...1302107751?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3386a22e67

Also... Having only tried it for thirty seconds, the damn thing is awful and I fully understand the VirtualBoy's failure in the market place. :X

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
Oh.
My.
Fucking.
God.

Nostalgia, eye bleeding nostalgia, but nostalgia none the less. Red Alarm was the shit, probably the only good game for that thing aside from the tennis one.

Aquin

Haunted
Here my friend was talking about wanting to have one as a part of his collection, i knew they were rare as hell but damn thats pricey. Good luck with your sale!

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Well it's pricey because it's the store display and also working. That's pretty rare. I mean, VBoys aren't exactly common to begin with...

Aquin

Haunted
Well it's pricey because it's the store display and also working. That's pretty rare. I mean, VBoys aren't exactly common to begin with...

I know, i work retail. I sometimes think about taking home some of the Tony the Tiger/Kelloogs display units we have. I wish i worked in a game store or multi-purpose store that sells games.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Oh yes...That abomination. Playing that monster is the best way to get yourself a migraine. Not a bad price, I may put in a bid for it.

AshleyAshes

Arcade Snowmew Of Doom
Here my friend was talking about wanting to have one as a part of his collection, i knew they were rare as hell but damn thats pricey. Good luck with your sale!

I think it's cool to be involved in a sale and get to touch this sorta piece of video game history. I mean, it's not an NTSC copy of Stadium Events or anything, I'd be shocked if it clears $1000, but it's pretty cool still. ...But I did not enjoy PLAYING the thing at all.

Aquin

Haunted
I think it's cool to be involved in a sale and get to touch this sorta piece of video game history. I mean, it's not an NTSC copy of Stadium Events or anything, I'd be shocked if it clears $1000, but it's pretty cool still. ...But I did not enjoy PLAYING the thing at all.

Yea this is one of those things thats cool to say "hey, i have one!". I remember AVGNs review on it. Good god what was Nintendo thinking.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
I dunno, Red Alarm just felt really disorienting myself. I was like 'Neat it does power on! Ooooooo 3D... ...FUCK THIS SHIT.'
Oh so it's like 3DS first year games?