• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I regret selling my previous fursona [BOUGHT HIM BACK!]

Chomby

Monsters are hot. :)
Edit: I got him back the same damn day I posted this. I found their username through a paypal transaction and contacted them via facebook. I bought him back!

So almost a year ago, I sold my drake fursona, Jack. I'm sure some of you remember that mostly grey draconic dude, with his big ears, forward-facing horns, and pupil-less green eyes. I thought I lost connection to him because at the time, I was really in love with my werebat dude, Dusty.

I jumped the gun selling him. It was due to a temporary emotion. He was my first "proper" fursona. He was a character I felt very close to. He was the reason I am still a furry to this day. I used to say I'd give an arm instead of ever selling him. It was a serious lapse of judgment.

Jack, wherever you are, I hope you haven't been forgotten. I sure as hell haven't forgotten you, and I never will. I miss you so much. I'm sorry. I won't make the same mistake with Ash, ever. In selling him, I sold a piece of myself.

Yeah I know he's just a fictional character, but he feels much more than that. He feels like a best friend I've lost forever. Sometimes I imagine me and him saying goodbye, with him smiling but showing sadness in his eyes, before walking off and slowly fading into the distance.

I love you, man. I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
Damn, that sucks dude.

Have you considered contacting the person you sold your Fursona to?

Chomby

Damn, that sucks dude.

Have you considered contacting the person you sold your Fursona to?
I lost their contact, and even if I could contact them, they loved him so much I doubt they'd sell him back to me. He's gone for good, pretty much.

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
I lost their contact, and even if I could contact them, they loved him so much I doubt they'd sell him back to me. He's gone for good, pretty much.
Yeah, that sucks for sure. Have you tried poking around, see if you can find their contact info?

Chomby

Yeah, that sucks for sure. Have you tried poking around, see if you can find their contact info?
I forgot their name and what Discord server I met them in. I join so many servers. I don't have screenshots or anything. It's safe to assume that I'm not getting him back.

Chomby

I FOUND THEM THROUGH MY PAYPAL TRANSACTIONS AND CONTACTED THEM AND THEY'RE GONNA LET ME BUY HIM BACK!!

Chomby

th

Chomby

I already paid half. Just need to scrounge up $63. lol

Chomby

That's awesome!
I'm glad you were able to find it!!!
YEAH!

Also they are accepting 3 characters of mine that were for sale to cover the rest!

Chomby

Oop I'm still short $35. I forgot I sold him for $175. Pftt.

Chomby

They called it even! Jack is back, baby!

Untitled15_20191008194109.png

I loved you and missed you! I'll never sell you again! We are joined at the hip!

Chomby

I told my mom I got him back and she said that I shouldn't have sold him and that he's my signature character. "I liked that character."

Bruh I'm so emotional. ;_;

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Heh, for a moment, I thought this said "I regret smelling my previous fursona"...

Chomby

Heh, for a moment, I thought this said "I regret smelling my previous fursona"...
Ohhhh you skunky skunk!

wonton312

Congratulations on getting a great chunk of yourself back!

This reminds me about all the big and small universes I created over my childhood, my years full of angst, and in times feeling being alienated. Even some just stopped relating to my current mindset and cringed me out, it was my brainchild of that moment of past. If they were never created, so do the worlds I am working on right now.

I still regretted trashing 4 volumes of my hand drawn mangas because I didn't want my parents to read it, it happened more than ten years ago and those drawings on exercise books are never coming back to me. I may not have a fursona, but I have sons and daughters scattered around my memory and on tons of paper lying virtually anywhere in the house. Parting with them is like denying my own past and thus the present.

TheCynicalViet

It's good to hear you bought your fursona back!

I don't want to sound like a dad but there is a lesson to be learned here. You said that you were close to Jack but sold him based on experiencing a "temporary emotion" as you put it. See that's how you end up living a life full of regrets. You let an emotion overtake you and you follow through on your impulses. What could've happened if there was no way to buy Jack back? That's the stuff you need to think about before doing anything drastic. Especially as drastic as selling your fursona.

That'd be like me selling the main characters of my comic. There'd be a lot regret immediately afterwards.

Chomby

It's good to hear you bought your fursona back!

I don't want to sound like a dad but there is a lesson to be learned here. You said that you were close to Jack but sold him based on experiencing a "temporary emotion" as you put it. See that's how you end up living a life full of regrets. You let an emotion overtake you and you follow through on your impulses. What could've happened if there was no way to buy Jack back? That's the stuff you need to think about before doing anything drastic. Especially as drastic as selling your fursona.

That'd be like me selling the main characters of my comic. There'd be a lot regret immediately afterwards.

You're right. It was a very impulsive and rash decision. Luckily luck (lol) was on my side when I sought to get him back, but it easily couldn't of been. I've definitely learned my lesson and I won't ever do it again. I was very fortunate. Very, very fortunate.

I imagined yesterday that Jack was walking through a field and looked up. He noticed me and Ash (my other fursona) on a hill, dropped his belongings, and ran to us, before picking me up with a hug and twirling me around.

This song played:

Yeah I'm cringe. Do I care? Not right now. No. lol

Chomby

First art commission featuring him after a year apart!
Artist: shiirun
denasq0-fc921200-32b8-4e12-82c7-a92a7b000b0b.png

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
Eyyyy, I'm happy for you, man.

image3-1.png