• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I regret selling my previous fursona [BOUGHT HIM BACK!]

LameFox

I honestly had no idea people sold fursonas. Aren't they like your personal avatar(s) in the furry world or something? :p

Chomby

It's Spooky Month!
I honestly had no idea people sold fursonas. Aren't they like your personal avatar(s) in the furry world or something? :p
Yeah, but sometimes people can feel disconnected to their fursonas and their design can be sold.

Foxridley

A fox named Ridley
Yeah, but sometimes people can feel disconnected to their fursonas and their design can be sold.
Yeah, fursonas can change. I felt more connected to a different sona for a couple years, but I changed back to the one I have now.

LameFox

I forget this site kills text emotes lol. that looks so much more enthusiastic than it was meant to be.

I suppose I've probably seen people selling them before and just couldn't tell them apart from regular characters, now that I think of it.

Chomby

It's Spooky Month!
Awesome art by im2720! They hadn't drawn a long snout before, but they did an excellent job!

1626372889141.png

Chomby

It's Spooky Month!
Art by EdgyDragon! I absolutely love their style.
They got this done super fast!

Commission_Chomby_Discord.png

Chomby

It's Spooky Month!
Same artist as above!

Commission_Chomby_Discord_2.png

Chomby

It's Spooky Month!
Art by @Diterkha! They did an awesome job! I love his scales.

Finished.png

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
Honestly, I don’t get why people buy other peoples fursona. Isn’t the fun part creating one on your own?

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I FOUND THEM THROUGH MY PAYPAL TRANSACTIONS AND CONTACTED THEM AND THEY'RE GONNA LET ME BUY HIM BACK!!

This was the fastest emotional roller coaster I've ever been on lol

Glad you got him back dude!

Yeah I have a strict "no selling" rule for all my characters. Even the ones I never use. I'm too afraid of missing them later.

Honestly, I don’t get why people buy other peoples fursona. Isn’t the fun part creating one on your own?

Some people love the creativity of the design and feel they might fit in a particular world they wrote out, others just feel connected to the OC itself. Whatever the case is, that's why adoptables exist as well.

Some are also uncomfortable with giving an artist details to draw if they don't do art. They're afraid of being misunderstood or correcting artists because a lot of the time a Sona design is someone's first attempt at a commission as well - and that can be rather daunting.

Chomby

It's Spooky Month!
how tf do you seel your fursona? is there a secret market for the rights of virtual animal characters?
There's a market but it's not exactly a secret. It's a pretty common thing, man.

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
You telling me people don’t sell their souls?

TowerHaunt

Feraligatr
So a piece of your soul was worth 175$ how much is the entire thing? lol

Chomby

It's Spooky Month!

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
Glad everything's back, I guess?

I'm just giving you my two cents: Never give/sell your sonas, present or legacy--they'll always be your other self, no matter how much you dear them at the moment you're considering to let them go.

I do the same on mine, too. While I don't tend to make any use of my past sonas, they always mean something to me! UwU

Congrats for your return, of your sona! Dear Chomby! ÒwÓ

Tendo64

Cat With A Guitar
This kinda thing is why I don't sell characters I'm not attached to anymore, I just retire them. There's a lot of OCs I have that I have no interest in usiing but just could never part with because they're special to me,,, the nostalgia, y'know?