• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I suck at Spanish

S

skroge

I understand Spanish but not fully I know some but I don't know show say stuff in Spanish I could Google translate it though

ExoSoldier

I like spaghetti
Same, I suck at it...
Uh I can say: Mi Espanol es no bien
That's probably kind of right.

Last edited:

Kuuro

Hey man, look at me rocking out!
*deleted due to accidental offensive content*

...I'm not sure how that's offensive, if I'm being honest. If you're purposefully speaking a language poorly with malicious intent, who's the target, literally everyone who speaks Spanish? Spanish is the second most-spoken language in the world, it's such a broad and juvenile insult you'd have to be pretty damn sensitive to take offense to that. Like, if I said, "people with blue eyes are stupid!" who's going to be offended, children?

Anyway... I thought your comment was funny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hablo un poco Español, pero yo quiero aprender más :)

Last edited:

magicandwires

This is really not surprising to me at all. There are people who major in a language and can hardly speak it all.

I recommend that you reassess the way that you learn. How many hours per day are you reading in Spanish, talking to native speakers, watching movies, etc.? It's very difficult to become fluent in a language by casually taking classes a few times per week.

To become fluent in a language, you have to make it part of your life. It can't just be a casual hobby.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
Neither a few casual lessons as a child nor a couple months of Duolingo have trained me nearly well enough in Spanish to speak it well. (MAYBE a couple hundred words at most, and I STILL can't conjugate all that well yet.)

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably keep up the lessons, but my being able to speak it with any fluency is probably going to require knowing a native speaker in-person very well.