• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I totally believe I'm a furry,please help me understand you awesome people

ConfusedDude007

Hello furry peeps you can call me POG. I have discovered your fandom and grew an affinity to your art and the suits, and I would like to get a good start into your culture. Can't say I'm an artistic person but I bought a suit,and it makes me feel so cuddly and adorable,and Im like a completely different person when I suit up,(I bought the suit for upcoming vaccine parties and raves,and discovered a love for wearing the suit).

I'm not into the "deviant" side of the fandom,but I would like to learn from real furries what fandom I'm finding myself identifying with (please don't give me blanket statements,I really want to know what interests you people about the fandom,and in general).

Not that it matters but I'm 21, hetero,and always found the fandom cringe until now,so for me to reach out and try to talk with other furries is a huge step for me.

I'm looking forward to your responses :)

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
The social aspect. It's a great way to meet folks from all over the place. Sure there is a bit of cringe here and there. But you find that with many fandoms. ^~^

mightybeeb

funky munky
Suiting is also one of my favorite things to do. I don't have a completed suit yet, but even putting on the partially-furred foam base is fun! (Especially when my dog decides to give me kisses by shoving his entire head through the mouth lmao) I'm also a cosplayer, so I think that the appeal for me is wearing fun costumes that are arguably easier to put on (and don't require any makeup! can't stand the stuff) and which allow me to act goofy and be myself with a sort of protective shield.

Would you be comfortable sharing a picture of your suit? I'd love to see it :D

Connor J. Coyote

The ¥oteƵer Extraordinaire
I have discovered your fandom and grew an affinity to your art and the suits, and I would like to get a good start into your culture.
Well, I'm not a tour guide..... but, (as a friendly suggestion) - if you decide to visit several Fandom websites around the web, (and not just this one, by the way) - you might be able to get a better clue yourself, through your own explorations - about what things are about, (both artistically and personally) for many people.

I'm not into the "deviant" side of the fandom
Okay... :rolleyes:

Well, *it is* important to be aware of that element, regardless of whether one participates in it or not, (I think).... as for many people (not including myself) - the "deviant side" of the Fandom (as you call it) is why many of them are here in the first place.

And thus - you may experience (and see) some things that may lie on the more "risque" side of things, if you decide to do some web exploring all around the web - (in the many websites that cater to this community).

And not everything is going to be squeaky clean necessarily.
but I would like to learn from real furries what fandom I'm finding myself identifying with (please don't give me blanket statements,I really want to know what interests you people about the fandom,and in general).
Well, that's a bit difficult for me to explain, (in a few small text boxes on a Forum page, like here).... but- to put it shortly - I knew it was a good fit, when I saw it. ☺

sleepy kitty

frisky feline
For me, I like the buisness aspect of selling my artwork to make extra money. Plus I just love to draw in general and I also love to make friends.

Connor J. Coyote

The ¥oteƵer Extraordinaire
Well, in any case..... in spite of my rather honest posting above, (my overall point on here is) - is that sometimes - just exploring things for oneself - can be a really great way to discover new communities and experiences, that - may offer up something new (and even unusual) - that one has never experienced before.

And so - by just going around the web in various places, and doing one's own research online - (and by this I mean actually participating in things, instead of just "asking around") - self discovery can often times occur, which may lead to one finding out more (themselves) about what a particular scene (or community) is all about.

And then - after one has done his or her own legwork on the topic, probably *then* would be a really good time (I think) to ask around other people in the community afterwards - about their thoughts and opinions on things..... (and at that point) - one can "build up" upon their earlier knowledge - that he or she has already gained by doing their research earlier.

And so, (if we think of things as) - it's just like we're building a house...... one usually starts at the foundation, (and then gradually builds things up from there). And so - the "foundation" in this kind of case - (in discovering new things about a particular community), can already be laid down before hand - before one decides to ask around a community and then tries to build things up from there (about their knowledge base).

(Just my thoughts).

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I have zero artistic talent but I enjoy the works of those who do have talent and I like the friends I've made in the years I've been here. We each have our own reasons for enjoying the fandom. I hope you find it's worth sticking around!

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I'm in agreement with @Connor J. Coyote. Sometimes, you gotta dive in head first.

Shyy

I'm new here, but, have always felt almost drawn to the fandom, especially the creativeness that you see so readily displayed! Hopefully, it turns into a good and enjoyable thing for you.
Shyy

Sirhorsealot

Tryhard
Honestly, I'm just here for the character design. I've always loved animals with certain human qualities (after all, I did grow up with the Warriors series XD) and though for a while I didn't actively name myself as a furry, it just makes sense. Besides, furries have all the best anthro and feral art X3 I never really realized how much I fit into the community until I actually gave it a try. I think another important aspect of the furry fandom is how it allows you to view yourself more clearly; I think most furries are pretty happy with themselves or are able to see the things in their lives they need to change because part of being a furry is seeing all aspects of yourself personified as an animal character. But that's kinda deep lol It's fine if you're just here to chat or hang out too!