• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I TRIED NEW THINGS TODAY

~secret~

Banned
Banned
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH HE COULD HAVE TRIED IN CANADA?

Oh god I how I miss my trip to Ontario. The amazingly delicious dishes they had... SO fucking cheap too. God tier Asian breakfast of... nm. no point mentioning... Since A. I don't actually know the English words for half of these dishes as we ordered off of the Asian menu lol.

But So god damn delicious.

You can't just say stuff like that and not tell us the names of what you ate. For all you know I could be a cultured aficionado of Asian cuisine, but I guess to you I'm just another uneducated black man :/

Volkodav

Dad****er
Give me more cobble on MC :3
I dont got none

I really love octopus sashimi. You have to make sure it's really fresh though, otherwise it is not good. Fresh raw octopus is a wonderful meat, chewy, but it's so clean and ocean-salty slightly sweet and awesome.
yeah it was salty

:/ Your sense of "exotic" makes me facepalm and think that you're some type of backwoods redneck.
what?

Lutefisk and yak testicles.
disgusting, no

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH HE COULD HAVE TRIED IN CANADA?

Oh god I how I miss my trip to Ontario. The amazingly delicious dishes they had... SO fucking cheap too. God tier Asian breakfast of... nm. no point mentioning... Since A. I don't actually know the English words for half of these dishes as we ordered off of the Asian menu lol.

But So god damn delicious.
yeah, you should check out toronto. I don';t think there's a single restaurant there that isn't chinese.

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
You can't just say stuff like that and not tell us the names of what you ate. For all you know I could be a cultured aficionado of Asian cuisine, but I guess to you I'm just another uneducated black man :/

:p I actually had no clue you were black. I don't affiliate furries with race in the human sense. I go by whatever species they tell me they are and form generalizations from that. I.E. foxes are sluts, dragons have small dicks and are over compensating, that sorta thing.

Fine... Uhm... 面条鱼 comes to mind first. Literally translated it comes out to "Noodle Fish." I did a bit of background on it and it's a type of eel called the sand lance in English. White people use them as bait (such a waste!). In their elver form or the full developed one, they're a lovely white color and have a delicate but firm body texture. Lightly batter in tempura batter (extra lump and using a 25/75 sweet potato starch to rice starch mix of course! + Soda water that's been left to blend and sifted twice) Toss them individually into a deep fryer. 10 minutes later salt and a bit of pepper.

God level I tell you. No fishy smell (if you get fishy smell anything you fail as a cook/shopper) They have the consistency of thick noodles that have been cooked to just past al-dente, the bones are so small that they're completely edible and pose no chocking hazard. To be honest they really do remind me of flash fried noodles most of the time.

As for dipping sauce... Hm. They're fine by themselves, but a Thai spicy peanut base isn't bad with it. Or an Asian fruit chutney works too. Fruit doesn't always go with fish though, so a creme base may be necessary to fascilate stickage as well as a pleasant mouth feel.

Dragonfurry

(•_•)(•_•)>⌐■-■(⌐■_■)

Aikoi

Uhmm.. Well... Nevermind.
How can you hate on the shrimps? ¬_¬
I used to eat shrimp-pizza every day when I was younger.

Also, try enchiladas :3

~secret~

Banned
Banned
:p I actually had no clue you were black. I don't affiliate furries with race in the human sense. I go by whatever species they tell me they are and form generalizations from that. I.E. foxes are sluts, dragons have small dicks and are over compensating, that sorta thing.

Fine... Uhm... 面条鱼 comes to mind first. Literally translated it comes out to "Noodle Fish." I did a bit of background on it and it's a type of eel called the sand lance in English. White people use them as bait (such a waste!). In their elver form or the full developed one, they're a lovely white color and have a delicate but firm body texture. Lightly batter in tempura batter (extra lump and using a 25/75 sweet potato starch to rice starch mix of course! + Soda water that's been left to blend and sifted twice) Toss them individually into a deep fryer. 10 minutes later salt and a bit of pepper.

God level I tell you. No fishy smell (if you get fishy smell anything you fail as a cook/shopper) They have the consistency of thick noodles that have been cooked to just past al-dente, the bones are so small that they're completely edible and pose no chocking hazard. To be honest they really do remind me of flash fried noodles most of the time.

As for dipping sauce... Hm. They're fine by themselves, but a Thai spicy peanut base isn't bad with it. Or an Asian fruit chutney works too. Fruit doesn't always go with fish though, so a creme base may be necessary to fascilate stickage as well as a pleasant mouth feel.

All of that was incredible sounding. As it happens, my friends and I are having a lads night-out soon to a Chinese restaurant. I will definitely ask for 面条鱼, assuming I can learn to pronounce it.

I find your colour-blind attitude to people inspiring, despite the fact I am a soulless white person.

Piroshki

Foreal? :c

I've never been a fan of seafood, but shrimp's the only kind I was ever willing to eat.
My friends took me to Osaka (the restaurant, not the actual city,) a couple months ago where I tried sushi and octopus for the first time. I didn't really like either. :I Fish are gross.

Volkodav

Dad****er
Foreal? :c

I've never been a fan of seafood, but shrimp's the only kind I was ever willing to eat.
My friends took me to Osaka (the restaurant, not the actual city,) a couple months ago where I tried sushi and octopus for the first time. I didn't really like either. :I Fish are gross.
yep
i dont like seafood either

Try some pelmeni and for a beverage, medovukha.

How does, that sound?

tell me what freaky shit that is and i will

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
All of that was incredible sounding. As it happens, my friends and I are having a lads night-out soon to a Chinese restaurant. I will definitely ask for 面条鱼, assuming I can learn to pronounce it.

I find your colour-blind attitude to people inspiring, despite the fact I am a soulless white person.

You're never going to find it unless you're in the Upper East Coast or in Europe. And only higher end places have it. Well that and places that are hidden to the general public.

Ricky

I'm going to try this :lol:

I bet there's a store here that sells it (if it weren't SF, I wouldn't say that).

Oh, and Clayton -- you should try something from here:

http://www.polaricausa.com/images/revisedPL.pdf

Last edited:

~secret~

Banned
Banned
You're never going to find it unless you're in the Upper East Coast or in Europe. And only higher end places have it. Well that and places that are hidden to the general public.

Just wiki'd 'sand eel', and to my joy it is found in Western Europe. I could not be more from there if I tried, so hopefully I can get some :D

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
I'm eating sushi right now.

What kind(s) did you try?
Took my fiance a bit of tasting different ones to find his equivalent of edible heaven, but you should try all of them. ALL OF THE SUSHIS. Every. Single. One.
There's so many different flavor combinations.

Volkodav

Dad****er
[...]honey [...]alcohol

i want

I'll kill you

come at me *slaps you fiercely*

I'm eating sushi right now.

What kind(s) did you try?
I'm not entirely sure.
It was a roll, had that black wrap stuff on it, rice.. some kind of thing reminded me of cucumber? and what looked like crab meat.
If I had to rate them from like the ost to like the least
1. Squid
2. Sushi
3. Shrimp

OP needs to drink all of the beer.

beer is disgusting and for old, red-tanned men and teenge girls

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
It was a roll, had that black wrap stuff on it, rice.. some kind of thing reminded me of cucumber? and what looked like crab meat.
If I had to rate them from like the ost to like the least

The black stuff is nori. Basically it's processed, salted, sterilized algae. If you got it from a buffet, it's the cheap kind. Rice if it's really good should be short grain sushi rice tossed with sea salt + sugar, rice vinegar. You probably had the short grain American. Vegetable thing probably was a cucumber; classier places use avocado or asparagus. And for the "crab meat." Nope, processed fish because real crab is too expensive.

Again, not real sushi. Just like fast food Chinese no one in China has ever seen that shit. And I should know since I was raised on Chinese food.

Ricky

California rolls :lol:

You'd probably be better off ordering one of the signature rolls, or if you want to try just the fish just order sashimi.

California rolls aren't real sushi =P