• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I updated my character art (WIP)

Dearg

The often grumpy but friendly fox
I haven't been drawing for very long, but i feel like I'm getting a bit better at it. I know foxes are a lot of peoples choice when it comes to creating a character, but I just can't help it, foxes are sexy bitches x3. Jokes aside, I would like some critique on this piece. Lay it on me i don't mind.

it went from this:
Dearg (clean up).jpeg

To this:
Dearg 2.0.jpeg

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Your character design's getting butchered by the teeny tiny thumbnail-sized image. Do you have a full-size image of which to critique? i actually like the first one...but that could be just cuzz it's bigger.
Edit: Nevermind! My fault. My phone's retarded... LOL i still like the first one better.

Dearg

The often grumpy but friendly fox
@PlusThirtyOne i guess your right, it wasn't bad for my time drawing fuzzy faces, but i felt i could better much later on with the second one. :p

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
@PlusThirtyOne i guess your right, it wasn't bad for my time drawing fuzzy faces, but i felt i could better much later on with the second one. :p
i've never really liked fuzzier faces; not outside the fuzzy cheeks or around curves that would naturally have stray, pointy fur flaring out. Too many spiky bits flaring out makes your character look like he needs a shower. -But that's just me. You do you. if fuzziness is the look you're going for, you did well but it just isn't my style. i prefer the first image too not just because of the smooth fur but because of the straight-on angle. i can't draw symmetrical, straight-on faces worth beans, especially foxy faces so i might just prefer it out of jealousy. :V

Last edited: