• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I vote no animations in signatures

Animated .gif's in signatures will summon the beast whose number is 666 and therefore should be banned.

Additionally they take too long to load, are generally distracting/annoying, once one person has them everyone will get the bright fucking idea to get one, and also the quality of most .gifs people use is just eyeball-raping at best.

Rhainor

Rawr.
I don't recall seeing anyone on this forum with an animated signature 'cept myself, and mine is nothing but text.

I think sig-images should be limited only by dimensions (500x200px is more than enough) and file-size (for a sig, 75kb is more than enough).

Please, don't stir up more drama.

Sylvine

Personally, I don't have that much of a problem with animated sigs and avatars, but I wouldn't mind if they were to be disabled, either.

~Sylv

nobuyuki

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use an animated signature on this forum.

elementseven

I_Own_Charles said:
HURR WHAT'S A CONTROL PANEL ???

sigsoffisgaywl0.gif

Infinity said:
Really, if it is a problem you could just disable signatures in your User CP...

but if we do that, then the pinko cubbie terrorists will win! >:V

but seriously, no one will do that because people are simply too stupid.

to reiterate: protip: if you're on the connection from yesteryear, TURN OFF SIGS IN YOUR USER CONTROL PANEL. :I

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
NightfallGemini said:
Infinity said:

I blame it all on Terry Schiavo.

Also use adblock on firefox if you don't like a particular user's signature

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
NightfallGemini said:
Infinity said:

but seriously, no one will do that because people are simply too stupid.

to reiterate: protip: if you're on the connection from yesteryear, TURN OFF SIGS IN YOUR USER CONTROL PANEL. :I
I'm on dial-up and I have no problem with this forum and sigs. And nobuyuki's sig pic is too awesome to block.

There's already options here, don't stir shit up because you're too lazy to fix it yourself
eg: Right-click on image, Block Images from.....
Rocket science!

Alchera

I agree with a possible rule against animated gifs in sigs. After all, flashing lights cause some people to have seizures. Its not just outstanding bright flashing lights, either. With some people, it is as simple as a small gif of a circle constantly shifting from dark blue to bright green. What about the people who visit? They can't go into their control panel to shut it off if they don't have an account. Let's not forget that not everyone likes and uses Firefox for that matter.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
If one is prone to having seizures they should be getting the appropriate software to help prevent this. Just as the blind have software to help them surf the net, if internet usage may cause certain health issues to arise it is up to the USER to be appropriately "armed," this is different than telling people to force browsers, because I see a legitimate health risk and I wouldn't think it would be wise to use something that can harm me without making sure I take measures.

I know that bulletin boards can also have a setting where guests do not see signatures either.

Images in general can take long to load, so we shouldn't have avatars/signatures at all since they're the bulk of message loading. The animated ones are few and far inbetween.

kontonno

Whatever.

They're just signatures and I have yet to see one that's absolutely obnoxious, or hazardous to my browser.

What you're suggesting is a matter of preference and opinion. Something that can easily be avoided by simply checking your user settings/user preferences.

Alchera

Arshes Nei said:
If one is prone to having seizures they should be getting the appropriate software to help prevent this. Just as the blind have software to help them surf the net, if internet usage may cause certain health issues to arise it is up to the USER to be appropriately "armed," this is different than telling people to force browsers, because I see a legitimate health risk and I wouldn't think it would be wise to use something that can harm me without making sure I take measures.

I know that bulletin boards can also have a setting where guests do not see signatures either.

Images in general can take long to load, so we shouldn't have avatars/signatures at all since they're the bulk of message loading. The animated ones are few and far inbetween.

There is software for people who have this problem? I don't know, that is rather hard to believe....

Although rare, some people can't expose themselves to repeated patterns, such as the spinning icon on the new IE 7.

Lobo Roo

turtles natures suction cups
There is software for people who have this problem? I don't know, that is rather hard to believe....

[/quote]

Random, but yes, there is. In fact, most modern screens-computer, tv, etc. ARE of the type that prevent most of those types of seizures.