• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

i wanna talk about american football

chapels

thank you
you heard me right, canadians.

american football. the sport that almost ended over a billion dollar glass of spilled milk is back, and really big dudes are going to crash into each other repeatedly for at least another six months. guaranteed!

who do you root for? are they going to be good this year? i hope not, because that wouldn't be good for my team.

did you know matt hasselbeck is a titan now? that's weird. there's been a lot of weird moves in this short little offseason.

do the eagles really need asomugha more than the raiders?
is kevin kolb going to turn around the seemingly inept cardinals?
is ditching braylon edwards for plaxico the best idea for the jets?
would the patriots just drop off the map already?
do you even remember tebow?

this and more when we talk about american football! :cool:

chapels

thank you
according to my magic eight ball, "ask again later" followed by "don't count on it". with any hope, this means the dallas cowboys will not be playing any football this season. this is not a far cry from last season, where they played only played a little bit of football, mostly all of which was played towards the end of the season. awesome!

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
But the football they did play near the end of the season when they received Jason Garrett as head coach was, while too late to salvage a playoff berth for that year, encouraging for the next season. Five wins against three losses, with the losses coming by a combined seven points. Now with a fresh start, it seems as though the Cowboys would have a favorable schedule, a winnable division, and a coach who actually has a commitment to discipline. How could things go wrong?

Also, what does your magic 8-ball say about my grandmother's favorite team, the Washington Redskins?

chapels

thank you
many ways! you could be playing in the same division as the seemingly powerhouse eagles. oh

also, my magic eight ball will not give me a straight answer about the redskins. i can assume from this that my magic eight ball is a fan of the beleaguered team, because like any redskins fan, they'd like to ignore the subject completely.

chapels

thank you
sam bradford is going to be good, but i don't know if they drafted or have taken care of the fact that they only have two recievers (danny amendola, danario alexander's right leg). i heard they got mike sims-walker, hopefully he doesn't fade in and out of existence like he's known to do and you guys have almost an entire recieving corps!

ack! i've double posted. sorry!

Kamau Husky

A moose once bit my sister.
GO DOLPHINS!
Please dont suck this year! :p
On another note, yay for Two-A-Days again! I cant wait for 30 hours of practice in almost 100 degree weather next week.
Time to start drinking gallons of water and actually getting some sleep, because hell lies before me.

Antonin Scalia

Another Great Post
sam bradford is going to be good, but i don't know if they drafted or have taken care of the fact that they only have two recievers (danny amendola, danario alexander's right leg). i heard they got mike sims-walker, hopefully he doesn't fade in and out of existence like he's known to do and you guys have almost an entire recieving corps!

ack! i've double posted. sorry!

I'm hoping a good team can be bought.

chapels

thank you
bad news kamau... we're probably going to suck this year!

the good news? we have a young and fairly bad-ass defense, and brandon marshall finally acknowledged that he's an actual crazy person. hopefully him and henne can be friends now, because if they swipe his leadership role out from underneath him again he's going to be playing back-up for a very long time! not this year though. we have some jerk from the panthers backing him up. hopefully it doesn't come down to reggie bush throwing our passes. i've got a bad feeling we're going to suffer through ronnie brown 2.0, but i think lex hilliard has the cajones to step up once bush inevitably gets injured week 12-ish. i don't know much about daniel thomas asides i don't like him as much as lex, but he better be ready to get tossed into the fire real quick!

Kamau Husky

bad news kamau... we're probably going to suck this year!

the good news? we have a young and fairly bad-ass defense, and brandon marshall finally acknowledged that he's an actual crazy person. hopefully him and henne can be friends now, because if they swipe his leadership role out from underneath him again he's going to be playing back-up for a very long time! not this year though. we have some jerk from the panthers backing him up. hopefully it doesn't come down to reggie bush throwing our passes. i've got a bad feeling we're going to suffer through ronnie brown 2.0, but i think lex hilliard has the cajones to step up once bush inevitably gets injured week 12-ish. i don't know much about daniel thomas asides i don't like him as much as lex, but he better be ready to get tossed into the fire real quick!

Seems like we both have the same prediction for this year's team, there is hope, but not really enough of it. At least their gameplay brings down ticket prices.
For me, its a short 30 minute drive and $75 to see some pro football. If they dont do all that well, its whatever, I still love the game. But seriously, I hope they
can pull off some stuff this year. :/

Do you pay attention to college football by any chance?

Last edited:

chapels

thank you
if by 'pull off some stuff' you mean 'beat the jets for the third year in a row at the meadowlands without putting up more than 200 yards offensively', me too! except this year i'd like to see some offense. i'm not paying the jets just to see them humiliated at home, i'm paying to see them routed thoroughly. i've been to two games and haven't seen more than 300 yards of dolphins offense live, they just win without it.

i would also like to take this time to apologize to anyone who was expecting american football, the band. here's a consolation
[yt]OV0LJ0Dnl7A[/yt]

edit: i don't pay a shred of attention to it! the closest team to me is army. they won a bowl game last year and only completed two passes. i read it in the paper

Last edited:

Kamau Husky

if by 'pull off some stuff' you mean 'beat the jets for the third year in a row at the meadowlands without putting up more than 200 yards offensively', me too! except this year i'd like to see some offense. i'm not paying the jets just to see them humiliated at home, i'm paying to see them routed thoroughly. i've been to two games and haven't seen more than 300 yards of dolphins offense live, they just win without it.

edit: i don't pay a shred of attention to it! the closest team to me is army. they won a bowl game last year and only completed two passes. i read it in the paper

Yes, a new era of explosive offensive play would definitely be a welcomed change. And I have been dragged into the whole U.F occult by my parents, so I
spend an equal ammount of time watching college football. Also, many of my friends who have graduated play college football, so I usually give their teams some attention.

By the way, that bowl game that Army won last year, was their first bowl game win in 25 years lol.

Last edited:

Cyril

Post-rock Crusader
why were americans stupid enough to call this sport football
most of the time you use your hands for crying out loud
did we really have to push aside actual football which is a better sport anyways?

chapels

thank you
i've been inspired, folks!
inspired to continue talking about football! because i am not fast enough to play it myself.

you don't know the pain i feel!

since i've started this thread i've learned a few things in the preseason. i now know that not only do the rams have more than two receivers, they have nine. that's a lot of receivers! they aren't going to keep that many though. i think they should keep the ones with working legs, but that didn't stop them from signing another disabled man recently.

i also learned that my team drafted a terrible running back! i shouldn't be so quick to judge, but apparently he's caught in a habait of playing backfeild hop-scotch before directing his momentum forward for two yard gains. i think reggie bush has found a friend for life

how is your team shaping up?
are you ready to disown your rookies yet?
would this discussion fair better in a different subforum?

all this and more after the bump!

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!
I'm quite neutral about the Patriots, actually. I focus my hate towards the Colts, Eagles, and Vicadens (Vikings). Peyton Manning's a sissy prick who everyone seems to love and I'm never forgiving Vick for what he did.
My old man raised me as a Bears fan. :3 I still need to find my gear, though...
I'm not sure who my team drafted. I was spending the night at a friend's house the night we did our draft and had forgotten my laptop charger, so I was on auto-draft and haven't checked it yet.
The Rams look like they'll do pretty well, this year. They surprised me with their pre-season games; I'm impressed.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
why were americans stupid enough to call this sport football
most of the time you use your hands for crying out loud
did we really have to push aside actual football which is a better sport anyways?
Why is there always one douchebag who brings this up? Maybe soccer is boring and slow paced for it's majority, which is why it's big in Europe or whatever, they like gay boring shit over there, right? Anyway, speaking of the Dallas Cowboys, I think that good ole Tony Homo is gonna deliver a disappointing season, losing to the Redskins both times. And that's pretty much the depth of my involvement.

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!
Why is there always one douchebag who brings this up? Maybe soccer is boring and slow paced for it's majority, which is why it's big in Europe or whatever, they like gay boring shit over there, right?
Not gonna lie, Australian football's pretty cool. But there's just something about enjoying a Sunday evening watching 'Merican football with my family that makes me love it so much more.