• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I want a pet dragon

Which of these animals most closely resemble a dragon?

• Bird

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Lizard

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Snake

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
All my life I have fantasied about have a pet dragon that I can ride on its back as we fly around the world. I love dragons and how powerful and beautiful they are. But, sadly dragons aren't that common IRL.

When I move out of my parent's house, I would like to get a pet of my own, without their permission. What would be the modern dragon? What pet would be similar to a dragon aesthetically and temperament wise? A bird? A lizard? A snake? I know none of these could mount an adult human and breathe fire but I just want the essence.

dragons.jpg

I just wanna get y'all's take on this, I just been obsessing over dragons lately and learned more about them during my quarantine.

D

Deleted member 134556

Bearded dragons are excellent reptilian pets and also companion animals too. I’m sure you would be satisfied with them

You can also dress them up

Last edited by a moderator:

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Other: build a robot dragon.

Joni

I'm a hot dog

the sleepiest kitty

FAF'S #1 shrimp goblin.
I would prefer a birb X3

A dragon can breathe fire and that's a bit intimidating considering I'm afraid of fire!

Give me a big blue parrot that talks and I'm all set ^^

I would prefer a birb X3

A dragon can breathe fire and that's a bit intimidating considering I'm afraid of fire!

Give me a big blue parrot that talks and I'm all set ^^

I was scared of fire when I was a baby that I ran out screaming in a Japanese restaurant.

(Just wanna say that I love your avi, I love the secret of nimh and don bluth movies. He's so underrated. )

Joni

I'm a hot dog

Herdingcats

It's a long story
If you want a lower maintenance pet that looks dragon-like, I reckon reptiles are the way to do it. A bearded dragon or a blue-tongued skink. Snakes if you're ok with feeding them dead rodents.

Birds probs resemble dragons most if we're talking wings, but they're the sort of pets that need lots of attention. I've heard that parrots are like toddlers that never grow up.

(take with a grain of salt, since I haven't kept pets on my own)

If you want a lower maintenance pet that looks dragon-like, I reckon reptiles are the way to do it. A bearded dragon or a blue-tongued skink. Snakes if you're ok with feeding them dead rodents.

Birds probs resemble dragons most if we're talking wings, but they're the sort of pets that need lots of attention. I've heard that parrots are like toddlers that never grow up.

Depends on the bird, but yes, Parrots are very high maintenance and they live as long as humans do.

I have a canary and she's very low maintenance. Very little mess, no smell, no noise. But they're not affectionate at all.

Depends on the bird, but yes, Parrots are very high maintenance and they live as long as humans do.

I have a canary and she's very low maintenance. Very little mess, no smell, no noise. But they're not affectionate at all.

I was thinking of a cockatiel or a lovebird if I get a bird. I'm new with birds and I heard from more seasoned people they both are a good beginner birds.

I had a breaded dragon before and wouldn't mind have one again. Also like the skink but I remember looking at the price tag of one in a Petsmart and they're expensive.

I was thinking of a cockatiel or a lovebird if I get a bird. I'm new with birds and I heard from more seasoned people they both are a good beginner birds.

I haven't had either but when I was looking up which bird to get for myself, I think cockatiels are good for beginners but require a good amount of interaction and need time outside the cage. Lovebirds are better in pairs and also need some interaction. They are both pretty social.

For any bird, you need to avoid strong odors (candles, incense, smoke, cleaners, cooking etc), drafts, direct sunlight, and have the right size cage with different perches and toys. Keep the cages clean with bathing and drinking water, and food is usually species specific. Then they get millet and fresh fruits and veggies for treats.