• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I Want My Sunday Morning Flamewar

TacoTai

I guess you could say that I'm technically Lutheran, because they church claims to own me. But in my own opinoin, the closest you could narrow me dow to is christian because my life really doesn't revolve around God, I just belive in him.

So I guess you could call me a Christian-on-his-own-time-ist

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
ATHEISTOMGEVERYONEELSEISRETARDEDFORHAVINGARELIGIONSLKDJFLSKJDFLSJEf.

But not really. I could care less what other people believe in, as long as they keep it to themselves. c:

The LP

I'm not really anything. xD I believe in God, but I'm somewhere between Catholic (the religion I was raised as), Jewish, Buddhist, and Universalist.

I believe in God a lot because there's so much we don't know about our universe that we can't rule out the possibility of his (her?) existance.  We've only seen about 10% of the universe through telescope (the rest is dark matter) and even THAT we know next to nothing about.  Where did we come from?  Where are we going?  What IS consciousness?

O

Option7

I'm agnostic. I think this whole thing is far too much of a coincidence, so there's gotta be something there, and I also think there has to be something after death, I'm just not sure what, nor will I ever be until it's my turn.

Baptised catholic... but I'm aethiest. I've need nothing to proove nor disproove a god, so till I do I'm staying neutral.

Kittiara

Kitt
Agnostic. I grew up in a non-religious family and pretty much have better things to do than subscribe to any system of beliefs besides my own, which don't fit with any I know of. Why bother, anyway?

In other words, I don't care.  But I'm not atheist. :3

Mega Wolf

Catholic, because thats what my parents raised me to be. But for the most part I just dont eat meat on fridays during lint and thats about. :b

foxkun

I'm... Catholic? Well, more of a "I believe in the faith but not the church" thing. 'Cause the church is all dumb right now. Other than that, metaphysics are fun! And to counter Growly, I do believe in magic (I do! I do!)

Mega Wolf

foxkun said:
I'm... Catholic? Well, more of a "I believe in the faith but not the church" thing. 'Cause the church is all dumb right now. Other than that, metaphysics are fun! And to counter Growly, I do believe in magic (I do! I do!)

Bah, I've not been to church since I was a little kid. If they say god is everywhere, then why the hell do I gotta wake up at 6 in the morning on a sunday to go someplace where they tell me god is supposed to be?

wut

sage

Xipoid

Cameras
crabby_the_frog said:
Baptised catholic... but I'm aethiest. I've need nothing to proove nor disproove a god, so till I do I'm staying neutral.

That kind of neutrality/skepticism is actually called 'agnosticism'. 'Atheism' outright denies there is a god/afterlife or is the total lack of religion.

I'm a non-practicing agnostic.

DavidN

I grew up in a Church of Scotland household, which pretty much said to believe what you want as long as you're nice to each other.

But in the spirit of inciting a flamewar, you have a stupid haircut.

Grimfang

Haha, nice try on the flame war.

I wish I could be atheist. But I'm sort of agnostic I guess... whatever.

Option7 said:
I'm agnostic. I think this whole thing is far too much of a coincidence, so there's gotta be something there, and I also think there has to be something after death, I'm just not sure what, nor will I ever be until it's my turn.

I agree that the universe is so complex -- how could such a thing occur on its own?

But then again, try looking at it from a different perspective. Everything, whether man-made or natural, starts out simple. From the information scientists are able to gather, we can see that millions of years ago, life forms were simpler than us, and so much more-so as we digress further back in time. So everything starts from a single cell. And it just divides itself. Hmm.. that's not so complex I guess. But the nature of nature (hah!) is apparently an increasingly complicating system over time.

what a weird sentence. I'm having a hard time saying this.

Basically, to look at where we are right now, and to wonder "Wow... how did we just 'happen' to end up here?" Of course it will seem like fate or God had some hand in it. But, if you look ahead, you don't know what is going to happen... only the natural progression of events.

you know... I'm tired of trying to explain this. I'm sure you get what I'm trying to explain... but it's only a matter of opinion and perspective. So... BLAH! I'm going to be running late for a date because I'm TALKING ON FORUMS if I don't leave now! xD!!!

foxkun

Mega Wolf said:
Bah, I've not been to church since I was a little kid. If they say god is everywhere, then why the hell do I gotta wake up at 6 in the morning on a sunday to go someplace where they tell me god is supposed to be?

THANK YOU!

I used to play possum, thinking that if I was too asleep they wouldn't make me go to church. Never worked though.

My bf is.. ummm... not "shamanistic" although that's kind of close to it. He's a pretty big nature boy, which suits me just fine. He refuses to go into churches though, he gets the heebie geebies.

Religion is just a security blanket people have to avoid the fact that there isn't a god. No, I can take that fact and I'm happy that I can live the way I want without trying to please a make believe god. A. K. A, I'm an Atheist.

Horrorshow said:
I could care less what other people believe in, as long as they keep it to themselves. c:

Ditto.

nobuyuki

sage

verix

some dragon
I'm atheist. Deal with it.

*he crosses his arms and smirks like he totally just dropped a conceptual nuclear bomb on Jerusalem and God because his science defines the world*

Mega Wolf

foxkun said:
My bf is.. ummm... not "shamanistic" although that's kind of close to it. He's a pretty big nature boy, which suits me just fine. He refuses to go into churches though, he gets the heebie geebies.

Refuses to go into churches?.... Maybe he is the anti-christ? Try sprinkling him with holy-water and see if he bursts into flames.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
WelcomeTheCollapse said:
What's your religion and why?

No voting enabled because I don't do polls.
It's Monday you tool:evil:

My god is Bacon and Eggs!

Every morning, I am greeted by the holy spirit and its great power gives me energy for the rest of the day! And plus, I can prove Bacon and Eggs exist! :twisted:

Hail to the great Bacon and Eggs! 8)

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
thegreathamster said:
My god is Bacon and Eggs!

Every morning, I am greeted by the holy spirit and its great power gives me energy for the rest of the day! And plus, I can prove Bacon and Eggs exist! :twisted:

Hail to the great Bacon and Eggs! 8)
And which mighty beverage acompanies this mighty god?