• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I want to be a Gorilla Furry

Should I come out to my parents as a furry?

• Total voters

Gorilla

Since I was young, seeing Gorillas at the zoo has really made me want to be one. However, when I wear a Gorilla suit I can't help but feel super weird. I need help on how to properly express my Fursona. I just love how Gorillas are strong and sexy. Please help me on how I can come out to my parents. Also, you should know that they are very homophobic and they caught me kissing boyfriend (I am a boy too), they thought he was just one of my friends, and they have barely spoken to me. So the fact I want to be a furry and join the community may just push them too far. It makes me so sad as I feel being a furry might make me look weird and stupid, I just wish there are others out there that may understand the social and sexual tension I am going through at the moment.

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN!

---Gorilla---

Last edited:
S

Sagt

Thank you so much, that was a very insightful article. However, I steel feel very worried about coming out. I am very shy you see...
I think you may have missed the point of that linked post.

You don't need to 'come out' as a furry. It just makes it seem less trivial than it actually is to the people you're revealing the info to - and could make some relationships awkward. I mean, there are a ton of stories of people revealing themselves as furries, as if it was some sort of sexuality, to their parents, with those parents sometimes ending up with the impression that being a furry is something wrong, or being misinformed about what furries actually are.

Also, if your age on your profile is correct, then you should be 28. At that age, I really don't think you should feel the need to let your parents know everything you do, especially considering that your relationship with them is already apparently strained from you being gay.

If you really feel angsty about this, maybe you could try to make some friends online to talk to, that can relate to your situation.

I'd recommend you read through at least a bit of this thread, by the way. It's about another guy, much younger than you, who also contemplated 'coming out' to his homophobic parents as a furry. It went on for months with him updating the forum of his situation and trying to decide whether to tell his parents, and eventually he did... with some not-so-nice consequences for his relationship with his parents, because of the way he handled it. It's actually pretty interested to read through, and it's what got me initially interested in this forum as well, at first as a lurker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Since I was young, seeing Gorillas at the zoo has really made me want to be one. However, when I wear a Gorilla suit I can't help but feel super weird. I need help on how to properly express my Fursona. I just love how Gorillas are strong and sexy. Please help me on how I can come out to my parents. Also, you should know that they are very homophobic and they caught me kissing boyfriend (I am a boy too), they thought he was just one of my friends, and they have barely spoken to me. So the fact I want to be a furry and join the community may just push them too far. It makes me so sad as I feel being a furry might make me look weird and stupid, I just wish there are others out there that may understand the social and sexual tension I am going through at the moment.

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN!

---Gorilla---

Hey there, there's a really nice fur here, with a Gorilla fursona....

I'm sure @BackPaw would be willing to talk to a fellow Gorilla!

BackPaw

Resident Foxy Ape
*peeks in*

Ook :D

Yes, be a gorilla fur. Gorillas are ace. Welcome to the troop brother <3

Don’t feel the need for any announcement though. I know the urge to tell the world who you are is strong, but take your time.

I

Infrarednexus

I'm the only one that realizes this is a troll?
He won't rustle my jimmies. No sir.
tenor.gif

Just kidding. I doubt he's actually a troll. I think you just misunderstood him a little.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
I'm the only one that realizes this is a troll?
Maybe yes, maybe no? Fandom is full of enigmas, so Poe's law is in full force. At best, there's some good advices, at worst it's a lot of fun giving serious answers to silly questions .w.

SSJ3Mewtwo

BackPaw

Resident Foxy Ape
Mum...Dad.....Ive got something to tell you.

*bursts into tears*

I’ve got this weird hobby thing going on where I dress up as a fluffy animal and high five people in order to make them smile. Oh, and I like cartoons.

Mum, Dad, why are you laughing?

:D