• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I want to start a Youtube channel.

Joni

I'm a hot dog
I want to start a Youtube channel, but I don't have no idea about which topic I could make videos.
I thought about making videos about basic electronics and stuff like that, because that's what I,m interested in. But I looked around and noticed that Youtube is already saturated with topics like this. I think when I make the same shit just explaining everything with a fursona makes not much difference. What can I do to stand out? Or what do you think about that?

D

Deleted member 82554

Make it about beautiful furry cringe, can't get enough of that.

Joni

I'm a hot dog

theawakening

The lazy fox... what else?
Banned
Make a youtube channel? Oh that's easy!
Just go to google and click create an account, if you know.

Joni

I'm a hot dog
Well, you do what you like on youtube and if you like it, then perhaps people won't care that it's been done before because your so into it, or something like that. Just try to keep the viewer's attention and, of course, make good content.
That's true but there is so much stuff on Youtube and I'm worried that charrachter stills could be a "misinvestment" when nobody watches the videos. I could try to make videos without a fursona, but i don't want to do that.

Joni

I'm a hot dog
If you keep making videos then people will eventually come to your channel.
And that's the second problem I'm worried about. Same problem when I run out of ideas.

If you're passionate with what you are doing, saturation shouldn't stand in your way. Granted, it is a lot easier and better for you as a content creator if you already know what kind of content you want to focus on.

Being a so called "youtuber" is probably not for everyone, and it can turn out to be quite a hard feat as well, most more popular ones no matter which sort of category they are in, or type of quality they make seem to resort a lot to the "You gotta be in it because you love to make the videos/content", and since you're still on stage 1 in deciding just what kind of content you want to try to make, you should probably get a few things sorted. I believe that if you deliver just something unique people will watch you.

Joni

I'm a hot dog
If you're passionate with what you are doing, saturation shouldn't stand in your way. Granted, it is a lot easier and better for you as a content creator if you already know what kind of content you want to focus on.

Being a so called "youtuber" is probably not for everyone, and it can turn out to be quite a hard feat as well, most more popular ones no matter which sort of category they are in, or type of quality they make seem to resort a lot to the "You gotta be in it because you love to make the videos/content", and since you're still on stage 1 in deciding just what kind of content you want to try to make, you should probably get a few things sorted. I believe that if you deliver just something unique people will watch you.
I'm feeling that this isn't that easy. I have to think about better topics, I see a lot of peope making mistakes in other videos. I tought that I could make videos about those mistakes, but I don't know,if its a great idea.

Joni

I'm a hot dog
Music, Information, Entertainment, Gaming, News and politics, People and Blogs, Non profits and activism, Science and technology, Cars and vehicle's, Sports, Education, Pets and animals, Travel and events.

Any of those topics take your fancy?
I could make a science channel in general. But it's just a word, I have to find topics.:D

B

Blue Fire

I want to start a Youtube channel, but I don't have no idea about which topic I could make videos.
I thought about making videos about basic electronics and stuff like that, because that's what I,m interested in. But I looked around and noticed that Youtube is already saturated with topics like this. I think when I make the same shit just explaining everything with a fursona makes not much difference. What can I do to stand out? Or what do you think about that?
If you start a channel, go with what you enjoy doing. It takes a long time and you tube is a tough place to get big, and you can incorporate your interests with the latest trends. This seems to work. Also, youtube has new monetization guidelines. Used to be 10,000 views to be eligible. Now it is 100 subscribers, and that is a tough first 100. If you want to stand out, you need something captivating and interesting. As far as basic electronics go, I don't know. Also, come up with a unique but fitting channel name. Mine is Trains, Music, and More. Nobody else has this profile. Now, things like Theelectronicdude are studpid and take no thought. The more effort the better.