• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

I wonder if there are any furry freemasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

makmakmob

And before you ask, yes I am posting this because I am bored out of my skull and full of caffeine (there should be a smiley for this).

Data_stalker

For Boston.
My grandfather is a 32nd degree. He wants me to join when I turn 22.

makmakmob

WOW, really? are you planning to join?

Data_stalker

For Boston.
I don't know yet, where I live the closest Lodge is about a 20minute drive away. Maybe if around the next couple of years I move closer to a lodge.

Data_stalker

For Boston.
"
Freemasonry is a fraternal organisation that arose from obscure origins in the late 16th to early 17th century. Freemasonry now exists in various forms all over the world, with a membership estimated at around 5 million, with around 480,000 in England, Scotland and Ireland alone, and just under two million in the United States.[1][2] The various forms all share moral and metaphysical ideals, which include, in most cases, a constitutional declaration of belief in a Supreme Being.[3]
The fraternity is administratively organised into Grand Lodges (or sometimes Orients), each of which governs its own jurisdiction, which consists of subordinate (or constituent) Lodges. Grand Lodges recognise each other through a process of landmarks and regularity. There are also appendant bodies, which are organisations related to the main branch of Freemasonry, but with their own independent administration.
Freemasonry uses the metaphors of operative stonemasons' tools and implements, against the allegorical backdrop of the building of King Solomon's Temple, to convey what has been described by both Masons and critics as "a system of morality veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols."[4] [5]"

makmakmob

Don't the Freemasons also support the concept of brotherhood and 'brotherly love'?
that, and world domination, of course. Not to mention devil worship.

Data_stalker

For Boston.
devil worship is a joke, it was stirred up because the french pope back in the day didn't like the Knights Templar.

makmakmob

I was actually being sarcastic, but I think you already knew that. just being sure.
say, why didn't you discredit the world domination bit?

Everything cool gets accused of devil worship eventually. I consider it a rite of passage.

Last edited:

Data_stalker

For Boston.
If you want world domination, look at DARPA, The Carlyle Group, The Buildenberg Group, etc.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
MJ XII is cooler.

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
I heard the freemasons were a secret organization that were supposed to help those in need. And then there's some other concept about angels and demons... Good and bad... I can't remember it too well...

Grimfang

I don't know anything about the Freemasons, other than all the conspiracy theory hoo-hah. So.. somehow this question seems unanswerable, but maybe someone could educate this uninformed wolf.

What do they do exactly? Any point to their organization other than "Hey, fellow freemasons! What's up? Alright.." *Secret freemason handshake*

Adelio Altomar

Who're you talkin' to, me? If so:

They're supposed to be part of that group, in which they should help those in need, such as single mothers, and recently homeless people. However, like I said before, there's that concept with angels and demons, meaning that where there's good, there's bad.

So basically stated, where there are those within the Freemasons Society, there are those who do help, and those who don't but do other things.

But that good-and-bad-all-around thing not just applies to the Freemasons but everywhere.

Last edited:

Swampwulf

Verbose Senior Bitch
The Freemason's aren't a 'secret organization'. They're an organization with a few secrets is all.

fao

My entire family is Freemason and has been for a long time. I have thought about joining myself. I may very well soon...

Denyen

The Dragon Mage
My grandfather was an active freemason when he was younger, before he moved out of the city. I've tried, but can never get him to talk about it.....

Adelio Altomar

My grandfather was an active freemason when he was younger, before he moved out of the city. I've tried, but can never get him to talk about it.....

That's probably how the conspiracy theories started. The people who wanted to know, but weren't told, thought "Oh, it must be a bad thing. It's full of evil. They're trying to do something bad."

I think only a member can invite someone in for innauguration or whatever the Hell the term is nowadays.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
For what I know about freemasons, is that they, as Data_stalker said, arose in the 16th or 17th century, as an syndicate of cathedral builders no less. Their goal was to protect them from overexploitation by the investors (like it was common then) and to preserve the art of building, as there weren't any schools for that. Nice way to make something totally down-to-earth into something mystical, at least in the eyes of others :D

Kickapoo

KA-ME-HA-ME-HA!!!
Freemasonry ritual is very similar to almost all college Fraternities. I should know because my fraternity said quite clearly that much of our weekly meetings and rituals are conducted the same way as the freemasons. So no, there is no devil worship...lolz. Also, they are not trying to take over the world, that's just what the people who are not in it are saying because we all know people fear the unknown.

Data_stalker

For Boston.
Like I said, you want to look at some satanic world dominating groups, look at Buildenberg and Carlyle.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Sounds rather creepy as I don't like the concept of fraternaties or anything of a similar social construct, not to mention weird initiations...some assholes around this area (or somewhere in tristate region) got in trouble at a fraternaty because they poured hot oil and/or boiling water on two intiates who both got second and third degree burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.