• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Idiot things that people have fought about

pilgrimfromoblivion

UOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :sob:
Banned
I remember people in a youtube comment section having a genuine brawl over what the color of water is, then someone quoted Wikipedia as a source for water being blue, then some guy riffed on him for using Wikipedia as a source and- oh jeez.

T

the sleepiest kitty

Someone on youtube called me and someone else idiots and uneducated for using the word "mew", and went on a rant saying how mew isn't a real word and to only speak to him using real words. You know, he had a lot of confidence for someone with a Sonic the Hedgehog pfp

Nexus Cabler

\ ( :v ) /
Pizza toppings and which ones are considered apparently socially acceptable. Granted it's just joking around most of the time, but other times, people seem to be quite serious.

Debra Clark

in what's now china 2 whole countries killed each other over a bowl.

look it up.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
I consistently have ridiculously dumb fights with my grandmother. She refuses to take her medication to balance her moods and I’m stupid enough to unfailingly walk into situations and make it worse. We’ve had fights over a garden hose, where the bird feeder should be, what did the newscaster say, how to properly use WD40...

You’d think I’d learn. The best answer is always “You’re probably right.”

Internet stuff is always rife with dumb arguments. My guild is supposed to be drama free but someone called someone else’s dog ugly and the dog owner ended up leaving (over other things, this was just the final straw).

Debra Clark

I consistently have ridiculously dumb fights with my grandmother. She refuses to take her medication to balance her moods and I’m stupid enough to unfailingly walk into situations and make it worse. We’ve had fights over a garden hose, where the bird feeder should be, what did the newscaster say, how to properly use WD40...

You’d think I’d learn. The best answer is always “You’re probably right.”

Internet stuff is always rife with dumb arguments. My guild is supposed to be drama free but someone called someone else’s dog ugly and the dog owner ended up leaving (over other things, this was just the final straw).
how much of a jerk you gotta be to call someone's dog ugly?

that's not right.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
how much of a jerk you gotta be to call someone's dog ugly?

that's not right.
Right?? That’s what the owner was saying, too. Even if you feel that way, why say something like that. There’s that saying “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”

Turns out the insulter has also been going behind fellow guildies’ backs and talking a lot of smack about them. And more stuff has started to come to the surface.

Reminds me of why I had been a solo player for so long.

X

Xitheon

I once got into an argument with a BBC Sherlock fan over whether Sherlock Holmes is a cat person or a dog person.

He's obviously a dog person; he canonically uses dogs for various crime detection purposes. Cats can't be used in crime detection as well as dogs can and Sherlock only cares about detecting. I don't think he'd be interested in pet cats.

(This argument went on for three days.)

Debra Clark

I once got into an argument with a BBC Sherlock fan over whether Sherlock Holmes is a cat person or a dog person.

He's obviously a dog person; he canonically uses dogs for various crime detection purposes. Cats can't be used in crime detection as well as dogs can and Sherlock only cares about detecting. I don't think he'd be interested in pet cats.

(This argument went on for three days.)
actually i seem to remember him caring for each at different points and being okay with either.
but that might not be canon to the books i dunno.

Adrian Gordon

the whole cold war was kinda pointless.

Bigjackaal48

Having audiophiles fight over on stuff they don't understand.

Seeing furries argue over wither a furless canine/feline are furry or not.

X

Xitheon

actually i seem to remember him caring for each at different points and being okay with either.
but that might not be canon to the books i dunno.

Sherlock in (Cumberbatch) Sherlock had a false memory of a pet dog called Redbeard that he always wanted.

In the original stories he also employs the help of a bloodhound called Tobey, and there is the Hound of the Baskerville's, (although that case didn't exactly demonstrate his love for dogs.) Cats are not even mentioned in the original Conan Doyle, as far as I remember.

Adrian Gordon

Sherlock in (Cumberbatch) Sherlock had a false memory of a pet dog called Redbeard that he always wanted.

In the original stories he also employs the help of a bloodhound called Tobey, and there is the Hound of the Baskerville's, (although that case didn't exactly demonstrate his love for dogs.) Cats are not even mentioned in the original Conan Doyle, as far as I remember.
could be said he's kind of indifferent to both then.

i mean he had good reason in the baskerville's.

Adrian Gordon

especially when two groups of people with the exact same religion start arguing about how they personally interpret the texts despite it obviously saying something different to whatever either side's agenda is pushing.